***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,731,125 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by PSully97
RC_57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think Hinch needs to wait a bit before looking over the to-go menu


Or not.
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We were here less than 24 hours ago.
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeahhhhh
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whoop!
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice home stand. I love to win them all but I'll take 5/6 every time.
cablinaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luckily Hermann sucks.

Whew
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
7.5 game division lead
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W.

7.5 game division lead.
AgSportsFan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4 straight batters hit the first pitch in play then the 5th batter strikes out on 3 pitches. What a weird final inning. Oh well. Just win baby!
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fubo is cool and cheap but it's about 2 min behind real time.
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great win, but geez Osuna. Guy seems to be mental and needs to get a grip. I know it's easier said than done, but get it fixed before we get too close to the postseason.
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Fubo is cool and cheap but it's about 2 min behind real time.
Pretty much all streaming services are a little behind. Used to have a friend constantly text me during football games after big plays... really annoying.
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If that's the A's strategy, why throw a first pitch strike? See if they'll go fishing. Strange to me...

Bottom line is it's a win!
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mwm said:

If that's the A's strategy, why throw a first pitch strike? See if they'll go fishing. Strange to me...

Bottom line is it's a win!
Ummm I think he finally caught on to it on the last batter as it was out of the zone. Also the second to last batter barely made contact, don't remember where the location was but was probably pitching away from contact there too.
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
willjohnathan said:

cap-n-jack said:

Fubo is cool and cheap but it's about 2 min behind real time.
Pretty much all streaming services are a little behind. Used to have a friend constantly text me during football games after big plays... really annoying.
That's why I only check text messages during commercial breaks while watching live sports.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Fubo is cool and cheap but it's about 2 min behind real time.

This has caught my attention but they don't have ESPN and SEC Network.

How do you plan on getting through football season?
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once Pressley is 100%, do we flip him and Osuna?
3B Paul 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Altuve is 3 hits from 1,500. Not to shabby for under 9 years in the bigs.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

This might be a little bit out there... but I've always felt Bregman has had an ever so small chip on his shoulder when it comes to Correa. They kept Carlos at short over him.... Carlos went #1 and he went #2.... etc. Again, might be looking into it a little too deep, but interested to see Alex's production once Carlos is back.
I hope not, if Correa has to be in the lineup for Bregman to do well then we are basically out two players for 1/3 of each season
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
irish pete ag06 said:

willjohnathan said:

cap-n-jack said:

Fubo is cool and cheap but it's about 2 min behind real time.
Pretty much all streaming services are a little behind. Used to have a friend constantly text me during football games after big plays... really annoying.
That's why I only check text messages during commercial breaks while watching live sports.
Or just tell your buddy to wait 30 seconds after a big play.

Had a friend at game 2 of the WS in 2017 and I had to ask him to wait 30 seconds before texting me. Ha.

He also streamed the rest of the WS, so I had to wait 30 seconds before texting him during those games.

An understanding friend goes a long way!
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure why we don't put a LH bat in the 2 spot and Altuve at 3, so we can have alternating sides. I'm ready to slide Bregman behind Yuli at this point and at the 7 spot once Correa comes back until his switch flips. It's not like he is being replaced in the lineup by a scrub.
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haha good point! Think I'm thinking more along the lines of that we're getting into the dog days now.. and Carlos coming back may give Alex a kick in the asss.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

4 straight batters hit the first pitch in play then the 5th batter strikes out on 3 pitches. What a weird final inning. Oh well. Just win baby!
If Altuve doesn't make that incredible play for the first out who knows what happens. Damn glad Jose had enough mustard on that throw.
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We'll re-up the dish.
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

Quote:

This might be a little bit out there... but I've always felt Bregman has had an ever so small chip on his shoulder when it comes to Correa. They kept Carlos at short over him.... Carlos went #1 and he went #2.... etc. Again, might be looking into it a little too deep, but interested to see Alex's production once Carlos is back.
I hope not, if Correa has to be in the lineup for Bregman to do well then we are basically out two players for 1/3 of each season


Correa wears #1, Bregman wears #2...
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Milkman said:

n_touch said:

Quote:

This might be a little bit out there... but I've always felt Bregman has had an ever so small chip on his shoulder when it comes to Correa. They kept Carlos at short over him.... Carlos went #1 and he went #2.... etc. Again, might be looking into it a little too deep, but interested to see Alex's production once Carlos is back.
I hope not, if Correa has to be in the lineup for Bregman to do well then we are basically out two players for 1/3 of each season


Correa wears #1, Bregman wears #2...


Joke









You
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Seriously...
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Things like this happen all the time. It has the potential to motivate the team, but if they need this to motivate them, they have bigger problems. Either way, hope we sweep them.
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:



Seriously...
We've done that with the 1986 and 1997 teams
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one on this team cares what happened in 2004.

Their motivation is wrapping up the division as soon as possible and having the #1 seed for the playoffs. Not revenge for 2004
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Taking series against divisional opponents.
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyways wasn't '05 "revenge" enough for '04?

Have absolutely no problem with the Redbirds recognizing the anniversary of their '04 NL Pennant this weekend.
Bonfired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correa coming back just in time with a trip to an NL park on deck. Will Alvarez play in the field any, I wonder, or be limited to pinch-hitting?

Last night was frustrating, but gaining a game with 3 more behind us is an acceptable result.