***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,157 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I believe she was on the t.u. pom squad.

Plus one for the Pom squad, Yada yada yada...I had to buy a new bed frame and we lost her earrings

Edit: not with Julia, random TU Pom squad blonde
redline248
AG
From the Athletic on players vying for a playoff spot with the Astros:

Quote:

Kyle Tucker, LF/RF
Tucker would have to swing his way in September to an ALDS roster spot, as his season to date in Triple A hasn't been overly impressive relative to the hype.

The average batting average in the Pacific Coast League this season is .277. Tucker is batting .267. The average on-base percentage in the PCL is .354. Tucker has a .355. The average slugging percentage is .480. Tucker has slugged .555, the only thing that has set the 22-year-old's bat apart in an offense-crazy league. Ultimately, he has been only 12 percent more productive than the PCL average.

Because he doesn't represent a defensive upgrade, Tucker's only chance to provide value on a playoff roster is with his offense. He will get some at-bats in September, particularly with Josh Reddick's persistent struggles, but doesn't have much margin for error if he is to make the cut for the ALDS over a possible switch-hitting bench bat in Abraham Toro or a third catcher in Garrett Stubbs.

The Astros carried a third catcher in the 2017 postseason (Juan Centeno) but not last October. The case for it is it would allow Hinch to pinch-hit or pinch-run for both Robinson Chirinos and Martn Maldonado in a given game, a scenario that seems less likely to occur than a pivotal pinch-hit opportunity for a bench bat like Tucker or Toro.

zgood10
AG
Met a couple legends today walking out of Tropicales
agsquirrel97
AG
zgood10 said:

How's Lance progressing? Did you ask him if the skinny jeans increase blood flow to the elbow and speed up rehab?
zgood10
AG
That's gotta be part of it
Alex Bregman
AG
zgood10 said:

Charlie looks like just a guy. Not a 35 year old, beast, Cy Young contender nicknamed CFM.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
zgood10 said:

I don't know if it's the perspective the picture was taken at or not, but Lance's right arm looks to be in great shape. In the pic his right forearm looks significantly larger than the left.

I have a good friend from Germany that was in a German fencing fraternity. He looked like a fiddler crab; his fencing arm was much larger than the non-fencing arm.

Deluxe
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

zgood10 said:

How's Lance progressing? Did you ask him if the skinny jeans increase blood flow to the elbow and speed up rehab?
That's a great question. We were all thinking it but you said it.
3B Paul 97
AG
zgood10 said:

Game 7 heroes
Deluxe
AG
Who would yall rather have for the stretch run: Greinke or CFM?
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

CFM
heavens11
AG
Deluxe said:

+2 for CFM. Love that dude.
Mathguy64
AG
CFM.
WES2006AG
AG
Deluxe said:

CFM, he is having a great season but most of all we would have kept all 4 of those prospects we gave up for Greinke.
Hulla Baller
AG
Once Greinke wins game 7 for us in the series this year we will all be saying his name instead.
sts7049
AG
i think charlie is a great pitcher but that's hard to pick between him or greinke
Ag_07
AG
But who would you rather have over the next 3 years? Greinke or CFM?
sts7049
AG
greinke

he's proven it over the long term. charlie was pretty average until we got our hands on him and worked our magic
Farmer1906
AG
sts7049 said:

greinke

he's proven it over the long term. charlie was pretty average until we got our hands on him and worked our magic
That was years ago though. He's been good to very good for 4 years now. He might even win the Cy.
sts7049
AG
you said exactly the same thing i said.

greinke has been a top pitcher for 10+ years now. i'll take that consistency
Farmer1906
AG
I understand why someone would pick Grienke over CFM. I don't think what they did in 2010-2015 should really matter all that much to what they are now was my point.
Mr.Ackar07
I'm still surprised with all of the bobblehead giveaways the past 2 years including the Hugs for Homers with Altuve and Kemp, they would not have had this one made yet:

EastCoastAgNc
AG
If it was gonna happen it would have been last year. Can't do it with neither player in the organization.
spadilly
S
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

If it was gonna happen it would have been last year. Can't do it with neither player in the organization.
It might be kinda fun to incorporate guys from other teams into our bobbleheads. Like one with Jake Marisnick sitting on a chair petting a little lapdog, but the lapdog has Brad Ausmus's bobblehead face.

ClickClack
AG
Man I miss CFM. Feels like a big miscalculation to let him walk and then have to go pony up to get Greinke.
Prosperdick
AG
ClickClack said:

Man I miss CFM. Feels like a big miscalculation to let him walk and then have to go pony up to get Greinke.
I hear you but that same clinical precision that has given us a team that should win 100+ games three years in a row (and maybe more) made a calculated decision that he wouldn't hold up for three years with his injury history. Tampa was willing to take that risk and it's certainly working out for them right now.

Of course I wish we still had him but you live by analytics and sometimes you die by analytics.

That all being said, what if Charlie gets hurt next season and now you have him on the books for that season and another one and it prevents us from acquiring more talent in a need area (or extending Springer for instance).

You have to look at it pragmatically and not as a fan. I think Luhnow has earned it.
Ag13
AG
Prosperdick said:

ClickClack said:

I hear you but that same clinical precision that has given us a team that should win 100+ games three years in a row (and maybe more) made a calculated decision that he wouldn't hold up for three years with his injury history. Tampa was willing to take that risk and it's certainly working out for them right now.

Of course I wish we still had him but you live by analytics and sometimes you die by analytics.

That all being said, what if Charlie gets hurt next season and now you have him on the books for that season and another one and it prevents us from acquiring more talent in a need area (or extending Springer for instance).

You have to look at it pragmatically and not as a fan. I think Luhnow has earned it.
Plus it'd be too much to handle to have the top three Cy Young candidates in the same rotation.
ClickClack
AG
Prosperdick said:

ClickClack said:

Fair enough. I needed to hear the counterpoint honestly to feel better.
agsquirrel97
AG
ClickClack said:

Prosperdick said:

ClickClack said:

I was Ok that we let Charlie walk based on durability questions. His most innings pitched was 171 back at 27 years old. He just seemed to peter out last year when he pitched 167 innings, he has never demonstrated the ability to pitch an entire season and postseason successfully. Many people echoed those remarks in last seasons thread/postseason thread.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love CFM and it was tough to see him go with Dallas leaving and LMJ going under the knife, but I supported the FO spending the money elsewhere. Knowing the season he is having now, of course I would change my mind, but at the end of the 2018 season it seemed like the right decision.

As far as my answer to CFM or Greinke?

irish pete ag06
AG
Harry Dunne said:

AgDoc03 said:

This is why off days suck. Still having debates about puddin'. Can't we find more videos with Julia
True.

I feel like Irish Pete might be holding out on us. Surely there is some Kilgore pillowfight footage.

Them Rangerette legs drew me like a moth to a flame.

I was known for It amongst my roommates. One of my roommates had never met my wife but when I was leading him over to meet her at a wedding he said "I knew who she was as soon as I saw those calves."

Edit to say no pillow fight footage.
AgDoc03
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Harry Dunne said:

I believe she was on the t.u. pom squad.

Plus one for the Pom squad, Yada yada yada...I had to buy a new bed frame and we lost her earrings

Edit: not with Julia, random TU Pom squad blonde

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Farmer1906
AG
There was a video posted of her dancing in tiny shorts. What else do you want?
Prosperdick
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

ClickClack said:

Prosperdick said:

ClickClack said:

I was Ok that we let Charlie walk based on durability questions. His most innings pitched was 171 back at 27 years old. He just seemed to peter out last year when he pitched 167 innings, he has never demonstrated the ability to pitch an entire season and postseason successfully. Many people echoed those remarks in last seasons thread/postseason thread.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love CFM and it was tough to see him go with Dallas leaving and LMJ going under the knife, but I supported the FO spending the money elsewhere. Knowing the season he is having now, of course I would change my mind, but at the end of the 2018 season it seemed like the right decision.

As far as my answer to CFM or Greinke?

If we have CFM there's no way we get Grienke, it wouldn't even be a need and we certainly wouldn't part with the prospects we did in order to acquire him as a 4th starter. Now if CFM got hurt for us this year it certainly could have happened.

What's incredible is how much talent Luhnow has acquired in terms of starting pitching in such a short period of time. It wasn't that long ago that this was our top 3:

Dallas
Kazmir
McHugh
or McCullers (if healthy)
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

There was a video posted of her dancing in tiny shorts. What else do you want?

I think you know what else
First Page Last Page
Page 935 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.