***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,014 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking good Alex!

dshedd41
S
https://instagr.am/p/B1m7YEpgYqG
Gig’em Aggies!
Silent For Too Long
Yanks win but I'll take the L for the Dodgers. It seems they have an easier stretch to finish the season.

Either way, we are back the mix for both home fields. Just win, baby.

And, we reset the rotation with a days rest on our bp on Tuesday.

JV versus CFM. Should be a barn burner.
BMX Bandit
fangraphs has season ending at Dodger & Astros 104, Yankees 102

tie breaker with Dodgers would be division record. Astros at 42-15, Dodgers at 36-18
tjack16
AG
AJ better not give anybody a "scheduled day off" Tuesday against CFM after we already have a day off
gigemJTH12
AG
anyone catching the day game at Minute Maid before Aggie kickoff Thursday?

going to be the perfect day.

bearkatag15
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I'll be there with Mrs. Bearkatag
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
heavens11
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I'll be there... thinking I may have to leave a couple innings early to avoid the pitfalls of Houston traffic and get to College Station in time to enjoy a libation with friends before heading to our seats.
gigemJTH12
AG
you definitely should do that. Im not going to the Aggie game but I definitely would leave early in your shoes.
astros4545
AG
Jackal99
AG
Dios mio
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
astros4545 said:

Woooddd
redline248
AG
Damn. Damn...
BullSprig07
AG
Those legs
KC_Ag14
AG
sts7049
AG
dang julia!
Ag_07
AG
And didn't one of you jagaloons say that the words hot and Julia didn't belong in the same sentence?
gambochaman
AG
sweet mother of God...she's perfection
Harry Dunne
mathguy86 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Machete is just as fat as Tyler white. He looked like a chubby little leaguer rounding those bases. Why doesn't everyone on here criticize him for not taking his conditioning seriously?

Machete has been pear shaped his whole life and squats for a living. Tyler White got the way he is dunking pear slices in chocolate and chasing that with chocolate malts topped with whipping cream and sprinkles. He did that so much he ate himself out of a job.

Ok. That's harsh. But strip away the ugliness and it boils down to this. It was frustrating to see what Tyler did to himself. IMHO he needs a sports psychologist and a nutritionist. Things he probably has access to and for whatever reason seems to ignore.
Not true. White has always been fat. He and Machete are both big, pear-shaped dudes that struggle with weight. The real story is that White worked hard to lose weight in the minors. IMO he needs a good shrink (no pun intended) more than anything else. He's a Dodger now so I'll move on, but I posted an interesting (old - 2016) article below. Frustrating and sad that he couldn't stay on the right path, but it's an addiction/mental illness just like alcoholism or any other. Beating him down isn't any different than saying "why couldn't Josh Hamilton just lay off the sauce?!?!". Easy to say if you have never walked a mile in their shoes.

Tyler White's journey to the majors is why we love baseball

Quote:

"I credit him for not being scared to take a guy who looked like he played in a beer league," Luhnow says. The Astros put it to White bluntly after his first professional season he had to lose weight. "When he first came in, he was a little out of shape, kind of portly," said Astros director of player personnel Quinton McCracken, who previously was the team's farm director. "We sat him down and told him we love the hit tool, but you've got to get that body in better shape so you could have more mobility at a corner spot.

"That following spring, he came in a changed man physically. Everyone was surprised when he came into camp. He had a totally different body." Bittner saw it as testament to White's dedication players rarely lose weight in the minors, eating the wrong foods, eating at late hours, eating and then sitting for hours on long bus rides.

PSully97
AG
Nothing to kill that Julia buzz like a Hi-Rez photo of Tyler White.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

And didn't one of you jagaloons say that the words hot and Julia didn't belong in the same sentence?
She's a butterface.
expresswrittenconsent
Oh tyler is an addict? GTFOH
Harry Dunne
expresswrittenconsent said:

What else would you call doing something compulsively despite a harmful consequence?

It's obviously a lot more benign towards others than alcohol or drug addiction, but can just as damaging to the person depending on the severity. All you need to do is read some of the Jared Lorenzen stuff to see that it's real.
Phrasing
AG
astros4545 said:

Serious question - does Julia have a background in dancing or something? She's got moves!

Kat was a former Cowboys cheerleader so that is to be expected - had no idea about Morales....

Harry Dunne
I believe she was on the t.u. pom squad.
sts7049
AG
i think that's correct.

she has a tame girl next door exterior but clearly this shows she's got some hidden talents
iBrad
AG
I also believe Julia was a Kilgore Rangerette with Irish Pete's wife.
expresswrittenconsent
Harry Dunne said:

What else would you call doing something compulsively despite a harmful consequence?

It's obviously a lot more benign towards others than alcohol or drug addiction, but can just as damaging to the person depending on the severity. All you need to do is read some of the Jared Lorenzen stuff to see that it's real.

Can you share your medical credentials? You dont just get to decide that fat baseball players (a tradition going back 100+ yrs) are food addicts simply because you have an unusual relationship (literally thousands of posts defending tyler) with one fat baseball player.
Harry Dunne

Harry Dunne said:

Can you share your medical credentials? You dont just get to decide that fat baseball players (a tradition going back 100+ yrs) are food addicts simply because you have an unusual relationship (literally thousands of posts defending tyler) with one fat baseball player.
No medical credentials. I literally know how to use "literally" correctly, so I've got that going for me.

I'm just making a logical guess that if a guy is willing to piss away his baseball career over cheeseburgers, especially after working so hard to get there, it's probably quite a bit deeper than just your standard grade munchies.

Sorry to have brought it up again. He's a Dodger now - let's move on.
AgDoc03
AG
This is why off days suck. Still having debates about puddin'. Can't we find more videos with Julia
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
irish pete ag06
AG
iBrad said:

I also believe Julia was a Kilgore Rangerette with Irish Pete's wife.

Correct.
Harry Dunne
AgDoc03 said:

This is why off days suck. Still having debates about puddin'. Can't we find more videos with Julia
True.

I feel like Irish Pete might be holding out on us. Surely there is some Kilgore pillowfight footage.
Mr.Ackar07
AgDoc03 said:

wangus12
AG
astros4545 said:

Oh my
Farmer1906
AG
The unstoppable As are now 0.5 out of the WC. They still have 7 games (total) vs us and NYY but everything else is very the bottom of the AL.
First Page Last Page
Page 934 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.