***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,809 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redag06 said:

W said:

yes, the best record ship has just about sailed off the horizon.

the Yankees started the season 8-10. Since then NYY is 75-32.

they had a 3-8 stretch in June, but other than that no bad stretches since May 1st.

the Astros won't be able to catch them unless the Yankees play a bad 2 weeks of baseball

What is nuts about this, is they are still missing key weapons due back in September.
and Aaron Boone is getting thrown out of games about once a week nowadays along with Brett Gardner. The Yankees are taking the aggressive approach with the umps
W
AG
yeesh, the Twins have pulled to within 2 games of the Astros in the loss column.

and Minnesota starts a 13-game stretch vs. the White Sox and Tigers on Monday --- cupcake city for 2 weeks

W
AG
11 home runs tonight in the Brewers-Nationals game.
maca1028
I'm frustrated as hell but I'm pretty confident that they'll get it together soon. It'll end up being a tight race for best in the AL but no matter how it shakes out, if healthy, I like our chances in the postseason.
tjack16
AG
Ole Miss road trip is the same weekend as ALCS games 6 and 7

This could present a dilemma
mazag08
AG
When we're hot, were unbeatable. When we're not, it's a crapshoot.

Will we be hot in the playoffs? Or will we be first pitch pop out Altuve, swing and miss for the fences George, double play Correa, and riding the bench Yordan?

Nobody knows..
DVC2010
AG
mazag08 said:

When we're hot, were unbeatable. When we're not, it's a crapshoot.

Will we be hot in the playoffs? Or will we be first pitch pop out Altuve, swing and miss for the fences George, double play Correa, and riding the bench Yordan?

Nobody knows..

Well I can tell you one of those things won't happen in October.
titanmaster_race
irish pete ag06 said:

Bullpen numbers have been garbage all across mlb this season, so he's not wrong.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We have been pretty good at showing up umps all season, Carlos's shin guard drop is great, but a classic way to fire up your team is for the manager to get tossed having a fit defending one of the guys. If we get behind today let's get after the ump AJ
HossAg
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

We have been pretty good at showing up umps all season, Carlos's shin guard drop is great, but a classic way to fire up your team is for the manager to get tossed having a fit defending one of the guys. If we get behind today let's get after the ump AJ
W
AG
there was a short article in the Chronicle that apparently Hinch met with Reddick in Chicago to talk about his playing time, production, etc...,

the wheels may be turning for a change in the outfield
AggiEE
W said:

there was a short article in the Chronicle that apparently Hinch met with Reddick in Chicago to talk about his playing time, production, etc...,

the wheels may be turning for a change in the outfield

If it weren't for our pitching woes we'd see Ted by now
bearkatag15
AG

bearkatag15
AG
astros4545
AG
Some levity from yesterday

tjack16
AG
Has Cy sneed used about 15 options this season so far? Geez
R-Dog
AG
Options are by season. You can go up and down as many times in a season as the team wants. Counts as 1 option
tjack16
AG
R-Dog said:

Options are by season. You can go up and down as many times in a season as the team wants. Counts as 1 option

Ahhh ... you learn something new everyday.
. . .
McInnis
AG
Did the Astros somehow offend the baseball gods by scoring 22 runs last Saturday? Have won only one game since.

??
W
AG
so just a 2-man bench today.

Super Jack may get another stint with the big league team
redline248
AG
Does the IL move for Diaz erase the 10 day thing for Sneed staying down? He was just demoted yesterday
redline248
AG
W said:

Are the pitchers so much worse in the PCL than in the majors? Mayfield's AAA stat line is respectable, and he has 25 HR
Marvin
AG
redline248 said:

W said:

Are the pitchers so much worse in the PCL than in the majors? Mayfield's AAA stat line is respectable, and he has 25 HR

Our pitchers certainly are. Next time we need one to start, let's just forfeit the game and save our pen. It would at least limit the damage to just one game.
W
AG
need the old guard...Altuve, Correa, and Springer to step up and hit the ball today
dshedd41
S
Now that I'm back home from San Diego. They better win today, I'm rocking my Astros hat to give the team some good mojo!
Gig’em Aggies!
CFTXAG10
AG
Braves just put up a 4-spot on the Dodgers in the B6. They are up 5-3 in the 7th.

Indians up 6-0 on the Yankees in the 7th.
mwm
I know I am biased but I firmly believe that we have the best lineup, top to bottom, in MLB. The starting pitchers are all top shelf. The bullpen has (except for the last week) have been pretty darn good.

Yet we are faced with needing someone to put the team on their back & break out of a 5-game losing streak.

I don't care who it is, get it done. This old man needs to feel good about baseball again.
AggiEE
Man why send him there?

He had a terrible start

Why can't we do the little things right? So frustrating
W
AG
wow, Altuve could not score from a second on a single
W
AG
and another terrible 1st inning --- all 4 games in Oakland
CFTXAG10
AG
They were speculating that something might be wrong with him, but it looked like he just didn't keep his head down. Kept looking back at the throw
Phrasing
AG
Awful baseball being played. Was altuve running at full speed or did he not think there was going to be a throw?
cablinaggie
AG
Unfkkngbelievable

No runs after all that
mwm
Altuve has a tendency to want to watch the fielders as he runs. He always seems to be "looking". He did it twice that inning (going home to 1st and again 3rd to home). That might have cost him a step or so.

We had a promising start then wet the bed.
First Page Last Page
Page 878 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.