***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,699 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bombs away in the Bronx again. 6 home runs in the first game of the Baltimore-NYY doubleheader.

Unfortunately the Yankees have hit 4 of the 6
Farmer1906
AG
Apparently we have the 3rd best rotation of all time.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/ranking-the-top-10-mlb-rotations-of-all-time-zack-greinke-gives-astros-one-of-the-best-in-baseball-history/amp/
AgFan1999
AG
Per ESPN, we play all our games with the A's in 2020 by July 27-29. Article here.
AgDoc03
AG
Josh Rojas (part of the Greinke deal) was called up by the Dbacks today so he'll get a shot up in the bigs
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tjack16
AG
Might make the trip out to DC next year for the series.
bearkatag15
AG
Reddick is optimistic about getting the game in tonight:

https://instagr.am/p/B1E1E6aHQfo
bearkatag15
AG

Was Paulino the only player Lunhow sent to Toronto for Osuna?
Texaggie7nine
It tells you in the tweet you quoted
7nine
bearkatag15
AG
Reading is hard sometimes...
TRM
AG
No. Giles, Paulino, and Hector Perez.
Cen-Tex
AG
Quote:

Reading is hard sometimes...
brutal
bearkatag15
AG
texaggierm said:

No. Giles, Paulino, and Hector Perez.
Thanks.. So my question isn't totally worthless. Perez wasn't listed on the original tweet.
bearkatag15
AG

Doubt the game is played but the lineup anyway
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Reddick is optimistic about getting the game in tonight:

https://instagr.am/p/B1E1E6aHQfo
Way more red/orange on that map than Reddick's heat map for July/August
Jackie Daytona
AG
looks like the game is postponed until tomorrow at 3:40
AstroAggie15
AG
It's 2019 put a roof on it
pb488
AG
if they can add a net in season then they can add a roof too, right?
Post removed:
by user
jkag89
AstroAggie15 said:

It's 2019 put a roof on it
Eff that most MLB cities in no way need domed stadiums.

JABQ04
AG
Any new Stadium needs to have a roof. Places like Fenway and Wrigley are iconic and shouldn't be touched. If your building new, then retractable roof. I love outside baseball but not when it's 101 outside (Arlington) or the random game in the snow in April you damn Yankee states; plus eliminate 99% of rain outs / inclement weather.
Harry Dunne
It makes sense for places like Houston & Arlington where the majority of the games will be played in unbearably hot weather and/or there is a lot of rain. Where it doesn't make sense is places like Southern California.

Baseball is an outdoor game. It should be played outdoors when possible. There's nothing better than sitting outdoors on a beautiful day and watching a ballgame. It beats the hell out of any game in a sterile indoor/covered stadium.

The retractable roof is obviously the best situation, but what I hate is that on anything but an absolutely perfect day we will play with the roof closed. I remember watching an afternoon home playoff game @ MMP/Enron against the Braves in the early 2000s where the weather was absolutely beautiful - of the 100+ MMP games I have been to, it was 1 of only 3 with the roof open and it was a totally different experience in a positive way.
AggiEE
So double header tomorrow?
MAROON
AG
AggiEE said:

So double header tomorrow?
yes
jkag89
My problem with retractable roof stadiums is that the tend to be closed more than open. We had an usually wonderful weather this past July, a chance to have the roof open at MM for a day game during the middle of summer.. Was it? NO. I understand why certain cities need domed parks. Most do not.
Bregxit
AG
jkag89 said:

My problem with retractable roof stadiums is that the tend to be closed more than open. We had an usually wonderful weather this past July, a chance to have the roof open at MM for a day game during the middle of summer.. Was it? NO. I understand why certain cities need domed parks. Most do not.
The reason is that the Astros had to come up with a hard standard for closing/opening the roof and that standard is a heat index of 84+ for a day game, 88+ for a night game, or below 65 for a night game. This is to prevent MLB from dictating the roof be open for a playoff game when it is 40-something outside, a la the 2005 WS.

While the weather was nice for July during that week, the heat index was still over 84.
jkag89
MM has no heat. Not sure why the roof needs to be closed when it is chilly outside.
Quote:

While the weather was nice for July during that week, the heat index was still over 84.
Then this should be changed to a higher heat index. It was an absolutely beautiful day, made for baseball outside. It was an absolute shame the roof was closed.
W
AG
so looking at the 2020 schedule...

seems front loaded again with 3 of the 4 series vs. the Red Sox and Yankees coming in the 1st half.

if Cole signs with the Angels...might see a JV vs. Cole matchup twice in the first 2 weeks of the season.

there's a 14-game stretch in May vs. just the Mariners and Royals --- hopefully they are both bad again
Marvin
AG
I was expecting a Vincent-Vega-standing-in-the-rain clip when I logged on...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
07ag
AG
dlance said:

jkag89 said:

The reason is that the Astros had to come up with a hard standard for closing/opening the roof and that standard is a heat index of 84+ for a day game, 88+ for a night game, or below 65 for a night game. This is to prevent MLB from dictating the roof be open for a playoff game when it is 40-something outside, a la the 2005 WS.

they had it open for a day game in early april last season when it was about 50 at first pitch

but overall i agree the roof should be open more
https://ts.la/eric59704
Marvin
AG
07ag said:

dlance said:

jkag89 said:

they had it open for a day game in early april last season when it was about 50 at first pitch

I support this sentiment.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Bregxit
AG
07ag said:

dlance said:

jkag89 said:

No doubt. I love open roof games when it is beautiful outside. 50-55 and sunny is way better than 47 and breezy at night. And despite the wonderful for July weather we had last month, I bet sitting in MMP would not have been as comfy as it felt outside since the breezes were so light. While not hellishly hot, I think it still would have been uncomfortable.
Frok
AG
October is a nice month for outdoor baseball in Houston but the roof will be shut to create crowd noise. I personally don't think the difference of crowd noise between open and closed roof makes any difference but I know few agree with me.
bearkatag15
AG
There are a couple of long periods in the schedule next year with minimal off days. From August 4th to September 9th next season there are 2 days off.... that is 35 games in 37 days. Wow
cap-n-jack
Same and a doubleheader is a brutal way to start a long road trip.
Bregxit
AG
Frok said:

October is a nice month for outdoor baseball in Houston but the roof will be shut to create crowd noise. I personally don't think the difference of crowd noise between open and closed roof makes any difference but I know few agree with me.

Dude the noise volume during the WS was intoxicating. You could feel the sound and it was amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 828 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.