***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,825 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its so beautiful.
Prosperdick
AG
redline248 said:

Prosperdick said:

mathguy86 said:

Oh my. That dugout dancer was icing on the cake.

Dat a$$...

Ran over DVR length of my recording and I already changed the channel so couldn't capture it, but it would be an iphone pic of my TV so probably not good quality anyway.

I'm very good at rule #1 usually, you can check my history.
Forum Troll
AG
BTKAG97 said:

Ag_07 said:

How legit is SEA?

Are they just a hot team on a quick pace out of the gate or can they sustain this and be a legit contender?
They are 12-2 and have only scored less than 6 runs in one game totalling 110 runs playing...

4 games against 3-9 Boston who have given up 79 runs (14th in AL)
2 games against 6-6 Los Angeles Angels who have given up 45 runs
3 games at 3-8 Chicago White Sox who have given up 77 runs (13th in AL)
3 games at 2-9 Kansas City who have given up 67 runs (11th in AL)

They have have given up 69 runs (12th in AL)
They also have 4 regular players on their roster with an OPS over 1.000 so far this season. And Jay Bruce who is batting barely .200 to start but has 7 HR (out of 10 total hits) and 13 RBI already. And a DH who is slugging 1.154. And just under 8 runs scored per game so far.

Lots of weird statistical things for SEA to start this season. Just hot to start, not sustainable.
Marvin
AG
Looks like our hitters had a mixed bag last year at Safeco Field. Correa, Altuve and Chirinos all hit over .300 in 6-7 games. Springer and Gurriel both hit .263. Brantley is a career .233 hitter in that park. Reddick only hit .212 but had 3 dingers. The rest of the guys mentioned only had 2 combined.

Might need to string some hits together to plate runs, which has been a problem early in the season. Hopefully the homers from this homestand follow them to Seattle.

Beat40
You forgot Jake! Jake is going to Marwin them!
rosco511
AG
Speaking of Marwin, I noticed he is off to another really slow start.
Max Power
AG
It's nice to get back on track, but F MLB scheduling department. Start the season with 7 on the road, 6 at home, then another 8 on the road. Including a second series in Arlington, after the game on 4/21 the Astros will have played as many home games as games there, that is BS. Getting off to a good start is important for every team, starting the season with 15 of 21 on the road is ridiculous.
Ag_07
AG
I actually don't mind it since we get a pretty decent amount of off days mixed in there.

That will help with Bregman's hamstring and allows us the flexibility to move Peacock to the pen.
Marvin
AG
Beat40 said:

You forgot Jake! Jake is going to Marwin them!

Well, they did seem to have one stat in common in Seattle last year:

Marwin with 16 K's in 28 plate appearances.
Jake with 10 K's in 15 plate appearances.

The Mariners staff is not quite the same, though, so here's to Jake doing his Rake Farm thing all weekend!
iBrad
AG
Max Power said:

It's nice to get back on track, but F MLB scheduling department. Start the season with 7 on the road, 6 at home, then another 8 on the road. Including a second series in Arlington, after the game on 4/21 the Astros will have played as many home games as games there, that is BS. Getting off to a good start is important for every team, starting the season with 15 of 21 on the road is ridiculous.

We've had better road records the past two seasons, so you could argue that the early schedule looked favorable. Obviously, it hasn't played out that way so far.
spadilly
S
WS champions should always open the season at home.
Shoot, all playoffs teams from the previous season should open at home.
Harry Dunne
Former Astros updates:

• JD Davis - .258, 2 HR, .895 OPS starting @ 3b for the Mets
  • Marwin - .154, .434 OPS starting @ 3b for the Twins
  • McCann - .286, .707 OPS in only 5 games for the Braves, out with an injured hammy. There is talk of the Braves signing Gattis to fill in if the injury lingers.
  • Machete - .194, .468 OPS starting for the Royals.
  • Morton - 2-0, 2.55 ERA for the Rays
  • Sipp - 13.50 ERA in 7 appearances for the Nationals
  • Giles - 0.00 ERA and 3 saves in 7 appearances for Toronto
  • and of course

Keuchel

Kashchei
AG
spadilly said:

WS champions should always open the season at home.

My complaint last year. Stros had to start their title defense in the Dump at Arlington

Edit: But for this year? **** the Red Sox
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

With Bregman on the mend, I bet Alvarez comes up.
Mathguy64
AG
Peacock to the pen, Valdez not needed, so....

Yordan Alvarez please?
iBrad
AG
We've signed Keuchel!

Or Bregman is going to be out a few more games and with Peacock moving to the pen with the two off days, they want to bring up another bat.
DVC2010
AG
At this point, I really want Keuchel to sign anywhere else. I'm comfortable with our depth, and I want the draft pick.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
mathguy86 said:

Peacock to the pen, Valdez not needed, so....

Yordan Alvarez please?

One thing I didn't think about...would bringing him up this early lose him a year of control with the Astros? I don't remember the cutoff date, and if we're not going to keep him up here, not sure why you'd burn a year for a few weeks of major league time.
irish pete ag06
AG
DVC2010 said:

At this point, I really want Keuchel to sign anywhere else. I'm comfortable with our depth, and I want the draft pick.
Absolutely. Give this front office another spot to pick and more pool $. They are wizards.
Ag_07
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

DVC2010 said:

Absolutely. Give this front office another spot to pick and more pool $. They are wizards.

Except at this point I think it's a long shot that he signs anywhere before the draft.
Farmer1906
AG
How has NY not already signed him? They need arms. They just got their ass kicked by us. What better way to recover by signed former Yankee Killer & Astro.
Farmer1906
AG
If we're bringing up a position player then how about Straw. He's useful for pinch running at a minimum.
rosco511
AG
Farmer1906 said:

How has NY not already signed him? They need arms. They just got their ass kicked by us. What better way to recover by signed former Yankee Killer & Astro.

Because Keuchel is still likely searching for a 4/5 year deal. Reports are that Keuchel has received some good 2 year offers but stubbornly trying to get a longer term deal.
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I think it will be Guduan. Off to a nice start at AAA after a strong spring. 6 K/1 BB.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

bearkatag15 said:

I think it will be Guduan. Off to a nice start at AAA after a strong spring. 6 K/1 BB.

Or Perez. Get a lefty to the pen.
DVC2010
AG
rosco511 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Because Keuchel is still likely searching for a 4/5 year deal. Reports are that Keuchel has received some good 2 year offers but stubbornly trying to get a longer term deal.

Also, New York is hurting for position players more than pitchers right now.
The Wizard of Oz
AG
I just moved to Austin. Does anyone have AT&T Uverse in Austin that can confirm that they're able to watch the Astros?
astros4545
AG
Is Perez still in development as a starter?
astros4545
AG
Confirming
The Wizard of Oz
AG
astros4545 said:

Confirming
Thanks bud
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
****ing Seattle wins another 1 run game
Beat40
I realllly want to win that series. Want to knock them down a few rungs after playing CWS and KC.
ClickClack
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Seattle was down 6-3 in the 8th too. ****ers.
Ag_07
AG
ClickClack said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Seattle was down 6-3 in the 8th too. ****ers.

Isn't that exactly what we did a couple times this homestand?
First Page Last Page
Page 79 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.