***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,371 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in!
martin2003
AG
I'd be in for one also
CSWendt
Teddy Perkins said:

OUCH!
How does Garret, the guy who charged the Pirates bench from the mound, not get the biggest game suspension?
Mr.Bond
AG
Very cool
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

mazag08
AG
Count me in if its not too late.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Because Kela threw at a dude's head and instigated the brawl.
Ag_07
AG
For a guy who has previous suspensions and who instigated a lot of it Puig got off pretty easy.
suburban cowboy
AG
I'd be in on a cup!
irish pete ag06
AG
coastalAg said:

irish pete ag06 said:

More and more looking like the Forrest butt chugging at tu rumors are true. Bet he goes straight from corpus to Houston on September 1.

Say what now?
I'm kidding on the butt chugging stuff, but there was a rumor that Forrest was a mainstay at tu frat parties because his buddies are all there. Apparently he was really focused on partying and not pitching.
Prosperdick
AG
Another great story about Grienke with resident jacka$$ Puig:
Quote:

In 2014, during the Dodgers' annual trip to Chicago, the team bus stopped downtown to allow rookies undergoing hazing to walk into a pizza placeWhen the bus was ready to leave, Puig was outside, looking for his luggage inside of the bay underneath the bus. After Puig ignored multiple requests to close the luggage bay, Greinke hopped off the bus, grabbed the suitcase in front of Puig and chucked it onto Michigan Avenue. Puig stepped toward Greinke and was restrained by reliever J.P. Howell.
Ag_07
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

coastalAg said:

irish pete ag06 said:

More and more looking like the Forrest butt chugging at tu rumors are true. Bet he goes straight from corpus to Houston on September 1.

Say what now?
I'm kidding on the butt chugging stuff, but there was a rumor that Forrest was a mainstay at tu frat parties because his buddies are all there. Apparently he was really focused on partying and not pitching.

And we're assuming that's why they're moving him to Corpus instead of right back to RR

Get him out of that environment and get him focused on getting his ish together.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ag_07 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

coastalAg said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Say what now?

And we're assuming that's why they're moving him to Corpus instead of right back to RR

Get him out of that environment and get him focused on getting his ish together.
Yep. And he was originally sent to the Florida for "shoulder fatigue"

coastalAg
AG
That definitely makes some sense. I guess a September call up would be good just from the standpoint of being around a bunch of professionals who will not put up with that sort of thing and can school him on how to handle himself.
Farmer1906
AG
Whitley as a late postseason add to the bullpen would be fun. Like James last year. The star would have to align, but I could see it.
Basketball and Chain
AG
They have to add Whitley to the 40 man, so we'd have to DFA someone. I don't see it, but it would be interesting to see him work out of the pen for a month to finish out the season.
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Whitley as a late postseason add to the bullpen would be fun. Like James last year. The star would have to align, but I could see it.

Amazing how much better you can perform without drinking a 5th of fireball every night.
CSWendt
It definitely was a great thing to see his final line yesterday at 5 IP, 9K, 0 BB, and 1 H. An article also said he never fell into a 3-0 count. Dominating with both stuff and command.
Mathguy64
AG
Does MLB just go out of the way to bone us on travel games? Oakland and Milwaukee are playing on MLB TV right now, in Oakland. So they started at 12:15 pm local time. Yet we had the late game in LAA and tonight we have the night game in Cleveland.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
mathguy86 said:

Does MLB just go out of the way to bone us on travel games? Oakland and Milwaukee are playing on MLB TV right now, in Oakland. So they started at 12:15 pm local time. Yet we had the late game in LAA and tonight we have the night game in Cleveland.

When people actually tune in they tend to put you in prime time slots
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No way we see him in the bigs this year. Show what you got the last couple months. Management wants him to work his ass off the off season and stay professional. Kill it in spring training, start the season in triple A and dominate, we will see him june1st or so next year at the earliest.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
I hope this is the case.

A) Don't reward the guy for being a dip shlt

B) I'm not a fan of bringing along the premium pitching guys by sending them tot he pen to get their first taste of the bigs. Guys you know you want as starters leave them as starters and bring them up to start whent hey're ready.
bearkatag15
AG
The nets first impact on a game... pretty sick looking catch

Mathguy64
AG
3rd game in a row for the playoff lineup 1-8. Swapping Machete for Cheerios should happen 2/5 games from here on out, just to rest Robbie.
KC_Ag14
AG
bearkatag15 said:

The nets first impact on a game... pretty sick looking catch

Not gonna lie, does look pretty awesome watching him go into the net.
Farmer1906
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Farmer1906 said:

No way we see him in the bigs this year. Show what you got the last couple months. Management wants him to work his ass off the off season and stay professional. Kill it in spring training, start the season in triple A and dominate, we will see him june1st or so next year at the earliest.
That is more likely, but if he keeps pitching like he just did the next 4 weeks then I would if it helps us win.

I think Osuna move pretty much means we win at all costs so keeping down to send a message doesn't seem like something we'd do it means passing on an opportunity to help the ballclub win in October.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Farmer1906 said:

That is more likely, but if he keeps pitching like he just did the next 4 weeks then I would if it helps us win.

I think Osuna move pretty much means we win at all costs so keeping down to send a message doesn't seem like something we'd do it means passing on an opportunity to help the ballclub win in October.

Sure if if dominates every start from here on out then sure bring him up. Part of it is a message and part of it is he just hasn't done anything this year except one start which was in class A ball btw. We will see him next year is what I would guess just because half of this year was pretty much wasted (and allegedly so was he)
Teddy Perkins
AG
Good read.

Inside the Zack Greinke deal: 24 hours that rocked the MLB trade deadline

Quote:

The Zack Greinke trade was a notion that evolved into a possibility that cooled into an unlikelihood that reanimated into an opportunity that shook the foundation of baseball.
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

For a guy who has previous suspensions and who instigated a lot of it Puig got off pretty easy.

To be fair, Puig should not have even been there since he had been traded before the fight happened.
JABQ04
AG
n_touch said:

Easy to personalize, I do all kinds. Each one can be specific to what they want. Doesn't even have to be for this, just needed to justify buying a case.

You can put me down for one
(removed:110205)
dlance said:

Ag_07 said:

To be fair, Puig should not have even been there since he had been traded before the fight happened.

I thought Bell got off easy. He was completely out of control.
bearkatag15
AG
So Piug is starting tonight for the Reds. Guess is he appealing his suspension?

Also, the Indians other acquisition Franmil Reyes is in the lineup at DH as well.

Also Kemp is betting 8th for the Cubs. Why is it taking so long for Houston's pitchers to get activated?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Good listen. "This is a special moment in Astros history."

bearkatag15
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 747 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.