***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,920 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
bearkatag15 said:

So Piug is starting tonight for the Reds. Guess is he appealing his suspension?

Also, the Indians other acquisition Franmil Reyes is in the lineup at DH as well.

Also Kemp is betting 8th for the Cubs. Why is it taking so long for Houston's pitchers to get activated?

Starting for the reds? Is this a typo or did the trade fall through??
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond said:

bearkatag15 said:

Also, the Indians other acquisition Franmil Reyes is in the lineup at DH as well.

Also Kemp is betting 8th for the Cubs. Why is it taking so long for Houston's pitchers to get activated?

He's in the lineup tonight for the Indians.
sts7049
AG
bearkatag15 said:

grienke just pitched. do you expect him to start today?

we don't need them activated and available today anyway. sanchez will go first, on saturday.
htownag99
AG
Hope I'm not too late on it, I am in as well for one of the cups.
BullSprig07
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Need to get Sanchez here ASAP then so we can start sprinkling the magic Brent Strom dust on him.
Big Al 1992
AG
SIAP but Stephen A Smith is not a fan of Cashman. His tears are sweet!

Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mr.Bond said:

bearkatag15 said:

You having a stroke bro?
Ag_07
AG
I'm not a big barstool guy but I did tune into the Starting 9 podcast to hear their taken on the deadline.

It begins with 30 mins of Astro praise while at the time moaning and bltching that we're so far ahead of the pack.

Dallas Braden (major DBag) was fishing over the Sanchez deal and discussing the teams ability to develop guys no one wants.

It's somewhat of a rough listen because it's barstool but it's a good insight and analysis on the trades and the organization as a whole.
Mr.Bond
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

SIAP but Stephen A Smith is not a fan of Cashman. His tears are sweet!

I love the roasting of the yanks as much as anyone. But I can't help but chuckle at the ignorance of the media who keeps stating the Yankees let the Astros get Greinke over them when Greinke had the Yankees on his no f****** trade list
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CoachRTM
AG
Just picked up tickets to tomorrow (Nolan Ryan jersey night) and 8/21 (Josh Reddick bobblehead night)
bearkatag15
bearkatag15
AG
dlance said:

bearkatag15 said:

Mr.Bond said:

bearkatag15 said:

You having a stroke bro?
Damn it took me a minute. Wow i'm an idiot. Thanks for the catch. Super busy day at work and never looked back at what I originally typed.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

dlance said:

bearkatag15 said:

Mr.Bond said:

bearkatag15 said:

You having a stroke bro?
Damn it took me a minute. Wow i'm an idiot. Thanks for the catch. Super busy day at work and never looked back at what I originally typed.

Glad to hear it's nothing serious!
bearkatag15
AG
So Danny Salazar is on the mound tonight for Cleveland. Didn't realize this is his 1st game back since the end of 2017:

Quote:

CLEVELAND -- The long-awaited return of right-hander Danny Salazar is scheduled to take place Thursday.

Salazar, who has not appeared in a major league game since Sept. 27, 2017, will be activated today and will start Thursday in the series finale against Houston.

Manager Terry Francona said Salazar will be on a pitch count, with right-hander Adam Plutko available should things go awry.

"He will pitch kinda as a modified opener because he's (only) been to about 70 pitches (in a rehab appearance)," Francona said. "We certainly hope it's not one inning, that would be not good. So we'll kinda build, hopefully build into the game and build into the season. If Danny goes far enough into the game, we'll see what the score is and we'll adjust, but the idea is to have Plutko ready if it's an earlier exit rather than late."

Salazar has made six rehab appearances, two each at Rookie League Arizona, Double-A Akron and Triple-A Columbus, posting a 2.60 ERA with 28 strikeouts over 17 1/3 innings.

"The last couple have been pretty good," Francona said. "He's not throwing with the velocity with which he did two years ago, but he's had a good breaking ball and a good split-change and I think he sat at 92 (mph)-ish. The reports were generally pretty good. I think the biggest thing was that Danny felt really good and felt that he was ready to pitch. That's probably the biggest thing."

It's been a long road to recovery for the 2016 All-Star, who underwent right shoulder surgery in March last year, sidelining him for the entire season.

"It was hard because we missed Danny," Francona said. "He kept getting to points where he didn't feel like he could push through and he was finally able to. So hopefully he comes back and really helps us because our medical people have spent a lot of sweat and work with Danny to try and get him back to help us."
. . .
titanmaster_race
It's crazy to me that Clint hurdle only got 2 games. That dude has been having his pitchers throw at heads all year long.
titanmaster_race
n_touch said:

Easy to personalize, I do all kinds. Each one can be specific to what they want. Doesn't even have to be for this, just needed to justify buying a case.

I'll take 2. Thanks!
bearkatag15
AG
Dingers are fun
cap-n-jack
Man he smoked that.
suburban cowboy
AG
Georgie
Ag_07
AG
Welcome back Salazar
jetch17
AG
Springer dinger!
Mathguy64
AG
Danny Salazar, welcome back to the show!

Springer Dinger!

EDIT: I typed that as it happened and I was 7th in line posting.
sts7049
AG
salazar pitched 3 lazy meatballs in a row. this could be fun.
mwm
George!
cap-n-jack
What was Strom going on about?
jetch17
AG
Nice tuve blooper
Mathguy64
AG
Brantley smoked that too.
Psych
AG
Put me down for 2 please
EastCoastAgNc
AG
cap-n-jack said:

What was Strom going on about?
I read something something first pitch fastball.
cap-n-jack
Can't imagine you can make it in this league with an 85mph fastball.
Mathguy64
AG
Ball 5. Its 3-2
Bregxit
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Can't imagine you can make it in this league with an 85mph fastball.

Tell that to Greg Maddox.
First Page Last Page
Page 748 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.