***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,159 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Post removed:
by user
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jkag89
Philip J Fry said:

Can GMs be inducted in the HOF? Jesus, JL is some sort of wizard/God.
Yes
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Seeing how good JL is and even Daryl Morey makes me even more pissed off about the Texans
MAROON
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Seeing how good JL is and even Daryl Morey makes me even more pissed off about the Texans

You don't have faith in the new streamlined org chart with Cal and BOB running everything?
jja79
AG
Why would he give a discount?
Ag_07
AG
jja79 said:

Because he likes it here and gets to play with his buddies in a historically good rotation on a team that's shown they mean business and been on deep playoffs runs the past 3 years rather than go to SD and play with a bunch of young guys and an A-Hole named Manny on an up and coming team or in LAA with a team who hasn't done jack-shlt in over a decade and has shown they're not really down with surrounding their solid pieces with a good supporting cast.

Unlikely he takes a discount but there are good reasons of why he would be inclined to.
JDUB08AG
AG
Cole is a competitor too. I don't think he takes a discount but I would not be surprised if he sacrificed a little to be part of a team with an extended World Series window.
Prosperdick
AG
Ag_07 said:

jja79 said:

Because he likes it here and gets to play with his buddies in a historically good rotation on a team that's shown they mean business and been on deep playoffs runs the past 3 years rather than go to SD and play with a bunch of young guys and an A-Hole named Manny on an up and coming team or in LAA with a team who hasn't done jack-shlt in over a decade and has shown they're not really down with surrounding their solid pieces with a good supporting cast.

Unlikely he takes a discount but there are good reasons of why he would be inclined to.
If LAA acquired him I guarantee they wouldn't have money to make further moves...I don't see how they have the money to get him in the first place.
Wabs
AG
Live footage of me this morning.

BMX Bandit
Quote:

If LAA acquired him I guarantee they wouldn't have money to make further moves...I don't see how they have the money to get him in the first place.

They will still have plenty to spend.
Ag_07
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

They will still have plenty to spend.

It's never been about having the money for LAA. It's been about how they spend it.

They'll end up giving out 3-4 bad contracts then get stuck with no money left to fill out the rest of the 25 man roster with decent players.

This is the team that was paying Josh Hamilton to not play for them.
n_touch
Quote:

I need to get in on some of this action, Im not playing for any teams, yet no one is sending me a check.
Beau Bevers
AG
n_touch said:

Quote:

I need to get in on some of this action, Im not playing for any teams, yet no one is sending me a check.
. . .
CFTXAG10
AG
Need more Biagini interviews when he gets to town....

Jackal99
AG
What a glorious time to be alive. The Astros are getting praised by everybody, and the Yankees are getting vilified by their own press and fans.
Marvin
AG
Has the board ever been this happy after a 10-4 loss?! Just imagine if the Greinke deal had NOT been made and we had to watch Urquidy throw batting practice immediately afterwards. Luhnow may have saved some of us from a brain hemorrhage, haha.

Looking forward to a win today, and then a much easier August schedule. None of the Astros' AL playoff competitors have played close to the same level of competition.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
CFTXAG10
AG
SIAP. The filth.

Prosperdick
AG
Marvin said:

Has the board ever been this happy after a 10-4 loss?! Just imagine if the Greinke deal had NOT been made and we had to watch Urquidy throw batting practice immediately afterwards. Luhnow may have saved some of us from a brain hemorrhage, haha.

Looking forward to a win today, and then a much easier August schedule. None of the Astros' AL playoff competitors have played close to the same level of competition.
To answer your question...no.

In fact this board has never been this happy after a loss. When we got Verlander I checked and we didn't play the next day but had just beaten the Rangers and were about to reel off 7 in a row.

So we've never been this happy after any loss.
agsquirrel97
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I get this man
07ag
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I get this man
https://ts.la/eric59704
n_touch
If anyone is up for it, RTIC is having a big sale right now on cases of cups. They have a new matte finish in Navy, Black and Gray that is really nice. I can put something together, since it is by the case we need to be in one color.
BCSGrubber
AG
I would be in for at least one depending on how much they are
The Milkman
AG
Yeah I'd do 1
YellAg2004
AG
I'm in. Can you do navy cup with orange printing/detailing?
irish pete ag06
AG

Greinke is something else!
Teddy Perkins
AG
n_touch
I can only do laser engraving. Haven't moved to printing on them yet. Still deciding that.
n_touch
With shipping $20 each
Ag_07
AG
I'm in
Prime0882
AG
n_touch said:

If anyone is up for it, RTIC is having a big sale right now on cases of cups. They have a new matte finish in Navy, Black and Gray that is really nice. I can put something together, since it is by the case we need to be in one color.
I'd be in for one, too. Have on YETI with the Astros logo on it, but I would always love another good one.
Ag_07
AG
And in order of preference

Gray
Navy
Black
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
07ag said:

agsquirrel97 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I get this man

This guy is fantastic. It really makes you wonder how many great personalities exist around the league on other teams that you never hear about. Glad we will get some enjoyment from him
BCSGrubber
AG
I would be in for 3 at that price
First Page Last Page
Page 744 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.