***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,662 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep. Get that one tomorrow and we'll feel pretty good about taking a series.
Ag_07
AG
McHugh has overall had a really rough year.

Seems to have lost that bite on his slider.

On his way to not making the playoff roster
titanmaster_race
I love McHugh, but he stinks right now. Had a phenomenal start to the season, and then pffffft.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
crazy thing is we still have 1.2% according to gamecast
AggiEE
Why do all of our Relievers seem to have great seasons then fall completely apart?

McHugh is extremely concerning
mazag08
AG
AggiEE said:

Why do all of our Relievers seem to have great seasons then fall completely apart?

McHugh is extremely concerning

Opposing teams know exactly what we want to do because we advertise it. High fastballs and lots and lots of breaking pitches. We don't really adapt. We just do our thing. So everyone outside of the elite guys get caught up to.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Colin Mchugh your slider....woof
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Games like this we miss Tyler White in the pen
KC_Ag14
AG
Don't think for a second Cy Sneed isn't gunning for that spot on the playoff roster. Dude competes, just hope he can locate while doing so. Love the mentality on the mound though.
Bregxit
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Don't think for a second Cy Sneed isn't gunning for that spot on the playoff roster. Dude competes, just hope he can locate while doing so. Love the mentality on the mound though.

Yep. He smells blood.

IP/ER

6/4
5/1
5/1
1/0 (so far tonight)
Buck Compton
AG
dlance said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Yep. He smells blood.

IP/ER

6/4
5/1
5/1
1/0 (so far tonight)
I mean, if you name your kid Cy, is there any other job he can do? He HAS to be an MLB pitcher.
mwm
The players must be hung over from the "afternoon delight" they had today.
spadilly
S
I can already tell he's going to be one of my favorites. This type of deadpan humor is right up my alley.

Teddy Perkins
AG
Love it. He'll fit in great in the clubhouse.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
These guys are pros but Stassi, Kemp and White were well liked, their is obviously some sense of loss. I think we are seeing some of that tonight. Came out hot but the emotions of the last two days took their toll. Hopefully we move quickly through forming, storming and norming and get to the performing
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I'd like to get stoned and listen to Biagni and CFM have a conversation.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yea don't be surprised if we lose this series before we get our **** right and go on an August sept tear to grab the overall seed
. . .
Mathguy64
AG
Hard to win a game when the other team goes into Earl Weaver mode. I expect they were emotionally spent before the game started.
Ag_07
AG
GD Trevor Bauer at the game watching from the cheap seats

https://instagr.am/p/B0moTI4Bmzv
Teddy Perkins
AG
Holy hell, he is bat sh*t and I love it.
W
AG
Reddick was 16 for 78 in July.

that's a .205 batting average. OPS was around .530

only drove in 6 runs. It was a bad month
AustinCountyAg
I'm really starting to like me some Trevor B.
Prosperdick
AG
I'll say this, I don't think I've ever been so happy after an Astros loss...
AggiEE
I wonder if we could get Cole for 6 year / 150M contract? It's probably a small discount but still competitive.

I think we will need to get rid of Reddick in the off-season and a bunch of relievers in the off-season and hope that some young prospects can step up.

W
AG
it's remarkable to think about the roster/farm system purge that has taken place in the last 2 weeks...

White, Kemp, Stassi, and Fisher gone. They combined for 524 at-bats from April thru July.

Corbin who also spent time on the major league roster this season...gone.

then Beer, Rojas, and J.B. gone from the minors.

I believe all 8 were homegrown Astro farmhands and 7 of the 8 were college players

W
AG
a few notes on Yuli...

his 3 RBI raised his season total to 68. He's on pace to reach 100 now.

rather quietly he has stopped hitting into double plays. Last year he posted 22 GiDP's. Only 6 so far this season. Only 1 GiDP since June 1st.

the recent trade activity involving numerous minor leaguers may increase the possibility of Yuli's staying with the 'stros after 2020 even though he will be pushing 37 years old. If he is willing to sign a 1 or 2-year contract
KC_Ag14
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Y'all think Crane is heavily involved in discussions at this point? I've always thought he lets JL run the show and trusts him with all decisions, but have to think he's engaged given the financial scenarios being presented after the season.

Just had to circle back on this after seeing this Luhnow statement in the Chronicle: "I have to commend (owner) Jim Crane for stepping out and be willing to take on a salary," Luhnow said. "We've already taken on not only the extensions we did, but we've got the highest payroll in the history of the Astros, and that's only going to go north.

"It was really Jim's I wouldn't even say it was cooperation it was Jim's collaboration and desire to see another championship in Houston that motivated us to get in touch with Arizona."

In any business or organization, a successful culture starts at the top. Jim Crane is the best owner in Houston sports history, coupled with best GM in Houston sports history. Here's to great long term health for both!
AggiEE
W said:

it's remarkable to think about the roster/farm system purge that has taken place in the last 2 weeks...

White, Kemp, Stassi, and Fisher gone. They combined for 524 at-bats from April thru July.

Corbin who also spent time on the major league roster this season...gone.

then Beer, Rojas, and J.B. gone from the minors.

I believe all 8 were homegrown Astro farmhands and 7 of the 8 were college players

I know everyone is taking about the Grienke trade, but the one with Fischer to the Blue Jays got us a really good return if Strom can work his magic.
W
AG
one thing forgotten about today's trade activity...the Astros hung onto Josh James.

Osuna, Pressly, James, and Biagini will be the core of the bullpen next year. And the Astros will likely try to re-sign Will Harris
W
AG
I didn't realize that was a 3-for-1.

Blue Jays really thought highly of Fisher
astros4545
AG
Sanchez has no options for minor leagues anymore

So if he has a slow start, we have to be able to stash him until rosters expand, so that we have all offseason to work on his 2020 cy young season
E
AG
Yeah, I have no idea how we got 3 guys for Fisher...

Do they have high salaries?
W
AG
Sanchez is making $4 MM. Biagini $900k
Philip J Fry
AG
Can GMs be inducted in the HOF? Jesus, JL is some sort of wizard/God.
First Page Last Page
Page 743 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.