***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,511 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I said awhile back that if he can make that happen he's the best GM in sports ever.

A move like that gets a lifetime contract at whatever salary he wants.
aTm2004
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
aTm2004
AG
What do you think Bregs will get Bauer as a welcome present?
n_touch
I know it sounds crazy but I half wondered if Bauer doing what he did was not just to add fyel to the fire. Why else would you trade him being only 2 games back?
n_touch
Pine Tar
Mathguy64
AG
aTm2004 said:

What do you think Bregs will get Bauer as a welcome present?

A Cole bobble head.
spadilly
S
I don't want Bauer.

Cole is absolutely in the zone right now with his last few starts. No reason to upset him.
jckrjr7
AG
Bauer could just walk across the field if we traded for him on Wednesday.
Mathguy64
AG
Rockies are thumping LAD 8-1 B8. We are about to be 0.5 GB for best record overall and tied in the loss column.
Beat40
mathguy86 said:

Rockies are thumping LAD 8-1 B8. We are about to be 0.5 GB for best record overall and tied in the loss column.
And we've done it without Altuve, Springer, and Correa for a long stretch at the same time while playing one of the toughest schedules. Last I looked, we had played the most teams .500 and over of anyone in baseball. Not sure if that has changed.

Truly incredible. We have a chance to really put some distance between us and the As in the month of August if we continue to play as we have lately.
Mathguy64
AG
How easy do the teams in the ALCentral have it? Cleveland is 15-21 versus teams >.500. They are 47-22 against teams under .500. We are 45-28 just against teams > .500.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I can't see Bauer happening for several reasons. First being the negative clubhouse impact. Second being the impact to salary next year, he's gonna command near $20M. Third, Indians are gonna want at least one major-league ready starter to stick in place of Bauer so they can keep the line moving, and I don't think the Astros have somebody like that.

I am concerned about his mental toughness on the mound. It seems like when things start to go bad for him, they snowball fast and hard. We saw that pretty vividly yesterday (not just the heave to center field, but also blowing a 5 run lead) and in the playoffs last year.
shano0603
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Do not want Bauer
Ag_07
AG
Bauer would be fun to watch after all the info we give him and working with Strom.

I would expect a turnaround like Cole. He's good now but he could elite with this staff.
Ags #1
AG
We know what Bauer brings but let's say that is the only deal they can swing. Do you do it? Would be a filthy rotation
Farmer1906
AG
If we do get Tyler I hope Strom and Co go over the ideal spots to hide pine tar, how to most effectively use line tar, and how to conceal it from umps just to see how he reacts.
bearkatag15
AG
mathguy86 said:

Was a great game. Sat next to a guy that was a 40+ year dodger expert and he wasn't happy.
AggiEE
I'd be afraid of Bauer because I could see him trolling the Astros by intentionally tanking in the playoffs. He's just that kind of crazy
Bulldog73
AG
The other thing about Tyler is he's already in tune with the technology we utilize, thus he may not see the gains that some other candidates do.
W
AG
gougler08 said:

W said:

Keuchel gives up 6 hits & 4 earned in 5+ innings.

ERA up to 3.86.

on the hook for the loss unless the Braves rally

I mean, that isn't a terrible ERA
yes, a 3.86 ERA is okay. That probably translates to around a 4.00 ERA in the American League with the DH.

worth mentioning...one of Keuchel's best starts was against the historically awful Marlins' offense. If that start is removed, his ERA jumps to 4.10
W
AG
Beat40 said:

mathguy86 said:

And we've done it without Altuve, Springer, and Correa for a long stretch at the same time while playing one of the toughest schedules. Last I looked, we had played the most teams .500 and over of anyone in baseball. Not sure if that has changed.

Truly incredible. We have a chance to really put some distance between us and the As in the month of August if we continue to play as we have lately.
plus White and Kemp combined for over 400 plate appearances from April to July.

those AB's will go to Diaz, Correa, and others in August & September
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Without bauer, getting him not only helps our team, but keeping him away from the yanks is important.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Giles may be staying put.
W
AG
Syndergaard is scheduled to pitch Tuesday night at Chicago.

Wheeler is scheduled for Thursday in Chicago
Marvin
AG
Great time at Kaufmann Stadium in KC last night. Quite a few Astros fans there, believe it or not. The facility is older but looks great. My favorite part is actually how close you in the outfield since there are very few seats. It's like the pump balcony at MMP but all the way around- not exactly, but close. Might have to come back in a September when the Astros visit. If you make the trip, be sure to visit the museum in left field. Really good baseball display.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Bobcat-Ag
Since the dodgers are looking for a reliever, do you think we could send them Dean Deetz for a Yordan like prospect? Maybe we could make it happen twice!
W
AG
thanks to the MLB network...the Astros are not getting the courtesy getaway day afternoon start in Cleveland on Thursday.

won't be as bad as Anaheim a couple of weeks ago, but another late night at the airport
W
AG
I also like that the stadium is not downtown...easy freeway access...and massive parking lot.

not as many logistics headaches for visitors --- compared to the downtown stadiums
MelvinUdall
It appears, at least as we look at Miley and Keuchel as they are pitching currently, the Astros are better off with Miley. Certainly, if Keuchel has been with the Astros all during training camp, the results may be different, but Miley has been better than I had expected and he appears to be getting better as the season progresses. He reminds me a lot of Keuchel with pace in which he pitches and the way he pitches.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I think Bauer's negative clubhouse aspects are overblown. Even Bregman has said there is no real beef. IMO much like Bregman, you hate him if he is not on your team but love him otherwise. Our clubhouse wants to win and will make it work. I'd rather have Thor or Greinke but will settle for Bauer. We have to make some move, standing pat will not get us a world series.
rosco511
AG
MelvinUdall said:

It appears, at least as we look at Miley and Keuchel as they are pitching currently, the Astros are better off with Miley. Certainly, if Keuchel has been with the Astros all during training camp, the results may be different, but Miley has been better than I had expected and he appears to be getting better as the season progresses. He reminds me a lot of Keuchel with pace in which he pitches and the way he pitches.

And do not forget that Miley is only making $4.5 million this year. Just another great under the radar type move by Luhnow.
. . .

Quote:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/zack-wheeler-rumors-astros-increasingly-seen-as-favorite.html

The Astros are "working hard" to land Wheeler, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports (subscription link). Despite the Houston organization's stated intention to consider controllable starters, it seems the club has fixed its sights on Wheeler. Andy Martino of SNY.tv tweets that one rival exec "fully expect(s)" the 'Stros to come away with the righty.
CFTXAG10
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
I'd be pleased with Wheeler. Gives us the chance to not give up much (no Whitley or Tucker) and a chance to resign Cole next year. I'm doing my best to keep expectations super low.

I don't think Bauer is going anywhere.

First Page Last Page
Page 706 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.