***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,326 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good
DVC2010
AG
redline248 said:

Good

You mean you didn't like how it just defaulted to the American League team every year?
astros4545
AG
DVC2010 said:

redline248 said:

Good

You mean you didn't like how it just defaulted to the American League team every year?

It seemed to default to the league the Astros played in

11 game win streak
ClickClack
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I asked one how that Josh Fields for Yordan trade was going for them... I just got a blank stare

Probably because he had no idea what you were talking about. Or didn't hear you.
irish pete ag06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I asked one how that Josh Fields for Yordan trade was going for them... I just got a blank stare

You should really share your Tyler White love with them.
bearkatag15
AG
I mean it's not that loud in here. Pretty sure he heard me.
bearkatag15
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

bearkatag15 said:

You should really share your Tyler White love with them.

Now that's he's not an Astro I'm pretty indifferent about him. I also don't think he will last much longer on the Dodgers roster. They aren't using him at all and they gave us a player they were going to lose in the rule 5 draft. So he's essentially an emergency situation guy for an extra innings game. Those guys get dropped like bad habits
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. Short of a major injury there is no way White sniffs a playoff roster spot. He will get the offseason to drop some weight and make a camp somewhere as a non roster invitee. It's up to him to drop the weight.
expresswrittenconsent
bearkatag15 said:

I mean it's not that loud in here. Pretty sure he heard me.

Its complete BS that coloradans think all texans fit a stereotype.
Poke_the_Bear
AG
Consider this.......if the Astros or the Dodgers win the WS Tyler White gets a WS ring.
Silent For Too Long
Fat ass hedging his bets.
. . .
redline248
AG
On one hand, Tucker has to feel pretty good that Houston values him so much. On the other hand, he probably (obviously) really wants another crack in the bigs. What's it gonna take to get him up this year? When do rosters expand?
Mathguy64
AG
I'm just befuddled by this whole "we won't trade because they won't trade Tucker" line. Toronto just gave up Stroman and cash for a A and AA pitcher. Clearly you don't have to get a #1 in return.
BTKAG97
AG
redline248 said:

When do rosters expand?
Same time as the last 100+ years.
KC_Ag14
AG
. . . said:

Exactly what Luhnow wants them to think chess and checkers...
agsquirrel97
AG
F5 key is not going to last another 48 hours
Buck Compton
AG
mathguy86 said:

Im just befuddled by this whole "we won't trade because they won't trade Tucker" line. Toronto just gave uo Stroman and cash for a A and AA pitcher. Clearly you don't have to get a #1 in return.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's a side-effect of being good and having a good history of successful trades. But for some reason the Yankees get players for a bucket of balls and a 30-year old A-ball lotto ticket.

No one wants to get shown up or fleeced by Luhnow. So they demand the world knowing we won't budge. Then accept much less and cut off their nose to spite their face. Hell, the Mets admitted as much this week.
shano0603
AG
I'd do that Greinke deal. Couple of notes.
1) That would mean we wouldn't resign Cole.
2)A rotation with Verlander, Cole and Greinke would be stupid sick.
3) Greinke has a better bat than Tyler White. I think you would gameplan to have Greinke pitch when we're at Dodger Stadium.
irish pete ag06
AG
Buck Compton said:

mathguy86 said:

Im just befuddled by this whole "we won't trade because they won't trade Tucker" line. Toronto just gave uo Stroman and cash for a A and AA pitcher. Clearly you don't have to get a #1 in return.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's a side-effect of being good and having a good history of successful trades. But for some reason the Yankees get players for a bucket of balls and a 30-year old A-ball lotto ticket.

No one wants to get shown up or fleeced by Luhnow. So they demand the world knowing we won't budge. Then accept much less and cut off their nose to spite their face. Hell, the Mets admitted as much this week.
100% this. I do believe that Luhnow and the Astros have such a reputation many front offices have a feeling they will lose the trade no matter what so they refuse to deal unless its for the bonafide studs.

The Brady Aiken thing still rings so much in my head. So many front offices would have signed him just to save face for drafting him.

So anytime you trade with the Astros you have to catch yourself wondering "why are they getting rid of this guy?"
redline248
AG
BTKAG97 said:

redline248 said:

When do rosters expand?

Look, I love the Astros, but I don't keep with all the rules and stuff like some of y'all.
Harry Dunne
third coast.. said:

Braves game on here at the gym and just caught my first glimpse of Keuchel in their uniform and it weirded me out.
Watched a little of that. He pitched a pretty good solid game but came out with 2 men on in the sixth and then the reliever eventually gave up a grand slam.

He's still a solid pitcher, but definitely no better than Miley. It's not my money so it's easy for me to say it would have been nice to have had him on the team this year but I'm hopeful we can pick up someone better in the next 48 hours.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Sept 1
W
AG
Keuchel gives up 6 hits & 4 earned in 5+ innings.

ERA up to 3.86.

on the hook for the loss unless the Braves rally
Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

BTKAG97 said:

redline248 said:

When do rosters expand?

Look, I love the Astros, but I don't keep with all the rules and stuff like some of y'all.
Totally acceptable question.

The funny thing is when you Google "when do mlb rosters expand?" it gives you a quote about the 25 man roster having been in place for 100 years... which is way too much of a coincidence & makes me think Mr. baseball over here had to Google it to make sure before he gave you his smart ass answer.
gougler08
AG
W said:

Keuchel gives up 6 hits & 4 earned in 5+ innings.

ERA up to 3.86.

on the hook for the loss unless the Braves rally

I mean, that isn't a terrible ERA
suburban cowboy
AG
Out of all the Ags out there, none of us have infiltrated the Astros' front office, apparently. At least not one that posts on TexAgs. Disappointing.
One of you should have at least made a sock and posted Rojo-esque or Q anon type messages.

Something like:

No more venom. Currency.
Maroon tommy bird flies.
spadilly
S
Their lives aren't terrible:

https://instagr.am/p/B0hFuQynV3c

https://instagr.am/p/B0hGN5rlB_y
agsquirrel97
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Out of all the Ags out there, none of us have infiltrated the Astros' front office, apparently. At least not one that posts on TexAgs. Disappointing.
One of you should have at least made a sock and posted Rojo-esque or Q anon type messages.

Something like:

No more venom. Currency.
Maroon tommy bird flies.
I'm not so sure someone doesn't work for the Astros on TexAgs, exhibit A

To my knowledge, Jake from rake farm wearing his khakis started here as well and made its way to Blummer
agdaddy04
AG
redline248 said:

Is home field in WS based on record, now? No more All Star game winner?

Did you watch the 2017 World Series?
Post removed:
by user
EastCoastAgNc
AG

agsquirrel97
AG
spadilly said:

Poor Rondon with only 372 likes vs Altuve with 70,000+ likes

And please don't tell me they ran down to Venezuela for an off day, doesn't seem feasible.
Ag_07
AG
spadilly said:

So without Tyler they must've had a shlt ton of leftovers.
irish pete ag06
AG
redline248 said:

BTKAG97 said:

redline248 said:

When do rosters expand?

Luhnow could make my pants expand in the next 48 hours if he pulls off a trade for Thor with no Tucker or Whitley.
First Page Last Page
Page 705 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.