***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,914 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
i is smart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Ban Cow Gas said:

Tyler White needs to go the way of AJ Reed. I hate saying that too,

There's a "user name checks out" joke with you commenting on Tyler White. I've not drank enough to get there just yet...
Any reason you're being a duuuussher?
Ag_07
AG
Ban Cow Gas said:

I agree, I just really like him as a person coupled with his work ethic. That doesn't mean I'm trying to defend his roster spot though.

You have to be trolling

His work ethic?

He's done nothing but gain weight since he started his pro career. He had a chance to make an impact and solidy himself as a MLer knowing he had this last chance and came to ST out of shape.

He's made no adjustments to his approach and horrific swing.

How is that portraying a good work ethic?
Beat40
Man, would like the offense to wake up.
i is smart
AG
Ag_07 said:

Ban Cow Gas said:

I agree, I just really like him as a person coupled with his work ethic. That doesn't mean I'm trying to defend his roster spot though.

You have to be trolling

His work ethic?

He's done nothing but gain weight since he started his pro career. He had a chance to make an impact and solidy himself as a MLer knowing he had this last chance and came to ST out of shape.

How is that portraying a good work ethic?
He's 1% body fat.
dshedd41
S
Well since we suck tonight, I'm going to get to bed early.

Hope we kick ass tomorrow!

any updates on Breggy?
Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
Hard to win when you score zero runs.
Marvin
AG
Ban Cow Gas said:

Marvin said:

Ban Cow Gas said:

There's a "user name checks out" joke with you commenting on Tyler White. I've not drank enough to get there just yet...
Any reason you're being a *****er?

Not any particular reason, not that I've ever needed one. Just thought it was funny, but didn't mean to offend you.
i is smart
AG
Marvin said:

Ban Cow Gas said:

Marvin said:

Ban Cow Gas said:

Any reason you're being a *****er?

Not any particular reason, not that I've ever needed one. Just thought it was funny, but didn't mean to offend you.
I was just messing with you.
12law
AG
Altuve has not had a good at bat since I don't know when. I don't even remember the last time he swung at a pitch that was actually in the zone. Hope6he gets back to being a good hitter soon.
Gap
AG
Sneed is the bright spot tonight.

He has to take over the 5th starter spot until a trade is made after tonight, right?
i is smart
AG
Bauer needs to call out Odor for that stick'em crap on his helmet. Clearly a cheater.
Ag_07
AG
Wasn't Altuve was a tear when he first came back?I know he had back to back 4 hit nights and thought I remember he was batting .400 for the first 2 series back.
Marvin
AG
12law said:

Altuve has not had a good at bat since I don't know when. I don't even remember the last time he swung at a pitch that was actually in the zone. Hope6he gets back to being a good hitter soon.

I think you are forgetting his play prior to the break. He was coming around pretty good. Plus, he has an entire career of hitting. He hasn't fallen off a cliff or anything.

I swear, some of you you guys are going to convert me into Irish Pete or Milkman.
Marvin
AG
However his outing ends, kudos to Sneed for saving the pen tonight.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
So why haven't we tried starting Sneed?
bearkatag15
AG
He will start vs LAA unless Lunhow pulls off a trade before then.... there is 0 reason to not start him after this
i is smart
AG
Marvin said:

12law said:

I think you are forgetting his play prior to the break. He was coming around pretty good. Plus, he has an entire career of hitting. He hasn't fallen off a cliff or anything.

I swear, some of you you guys are going to convert me into Irish Pete or Milkman.
You act like Altuve has 6 Silver Sluggers. No way Altuve comes back.
Beat40
Marvin said:

However his outing ends, kudos to Sneed for saving the pen tonight.

Yup. Really great outing from Sneed.
Gap
AG
One reason to stay tuned, White is going to get his chance at a 4th strikeout on the night in these last two innings.
Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc said:

Because he's a mediocre AAA pitcher that is only here due to injury and the overestimation of our organizational pitching depth. He has been solid tonight and it's a minor victory saving the bullpen, but in general he's no better option than Framber.
bearkatag15
AG
Leclerc sucks... could get a few back here and make it interesting
n_touch
Quote:

Give it a 5 days
mwm
I freakin' hate ugly baseball.
. . .
(Prior to tonight)
i is smart
AG
Serious question, does anybody know a real Ranger's fan (At least knowing who Pudge is)? I grew up in Houston and the ones that rooted for them during their World Series runs magically became Stros fans.

I know like three.
tjack16
AG
The offense and Valdez owe Sneed an apology after tonight. He kept us in the game
12law
AG
I'm not saying he's a bad hitter. I'm just saying he has not looked like himself all year. Even you guys are singling out the times he's hit well. Used to be we could only single out the few times he hit poorly.
Marvin
AG
Ban Cow Gas said:

Serious question, does anybody know a real Ranger's fan (At least knowing who Pudge is)? I grew up in Houston and the ones that rooted for them during their World Series runs magically became Stros fans.

I know like three.

Not to be new internet BFF's, but a good pastor friend is a true blue fan. Last year he dressed his first newborn in a Ranger's onesie for his Facebook "welcome" pic in the hospital. We bought him an Astros burp pad- he appreciated that his kid could throw up on it, but maybe his kid will fixate on the logo and be saved the burden.
Marvin
AG
12law said:

I'm not saying he's a bad hitter. I'm just saying he has not looked like himself all year. Even you guys are singling out the times he's hit well. Used to be we could only single out the few times he hit poorly.

It's a fair point. He's not been "old" Altuve for some time, but since he's returned healthy he has shown flashes. Give him time- the organization owes him a near gold mint so he'll get it regardless. Have some patience and remember we're up a good bit in the standings with Correa and Diaz still to return.
Ag_07
AG
Now wouldn't this be a poetic ending?

Ah man AJ saving White from getting his sombrero.
Frok
AG
These types of games have been happening way too frequently this year.
Marvin
AG
Damn it, I watched the remainder of this game to see Puddin get rung up again. NOW you decide to pinch hit for him, AJ?!
CFTXAG10
AG
ASG hangover + Framber + Bregman chin discomfort = no bueno
Mr.Bond
AG
Rangers on the money line was free money tonight
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

ZAC-AG
AG
Keep Cy Sneed. He has promise to be a starter if he already hasn't proven that.
First Page Last Page
Page 558 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.