***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,283 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/07/10/mlb-trade-rumors-marcus-stroman-yankees-red-sox-american-league?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=sinow&__twitter_impression=true

Quote:

The Best Possible Move for Every American League Team Before the Trade Deadline

Houston Astros (5733, first place in AL West) Trade for Pirates RHP Chris Stratton

Stratton is as far from a big name as you can get, and he's already on his second team of 2019. But after an awful start with the Angels, he's been excellent in relief for Pittsburgh, allowing just six runs in 17 1/3 innings with two walks and 15 strikeouts. And his arsenal makes him a good fit for Houston: His curveball has an average spin rate of 3,094 rpm, which ranks fourth highest in the majors, and the Astros are all about pitchers who can make a breaking ball tumble.
bigjag19
AG
I need the link to the kershaw on Ellen video. Anyone have it?
Ag_07
AG
bigjag19 said:

I need the link to the kershaw on Ellen video. Anyone have it?

Eww...Why would you wanna watch that?
bigjag19
AG
The modified one I should say, which you should know.
Kashchei
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Looks great except for the obvious...

Why do the baseball gods keep punishing us?
Teddy Perkins
AG
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
Farmer1906
AG
Kashchei said:

bearkatag15 said:

Just be patient. What do you think will happen when Correa and Diaz come back?
CSWendt
n_touch said:

Anyone going to the game tonight? Shane Smith & The Saints are doing the National Anthem.
Headed to tonight's game and tomorrow's. So far i'm 0-3 on the season with the Astros having a combined 10 hits in those 3 games. So if we suck again you can blame me and I'll forfeit the season.
redline248
AG
dshedd14 said:

I think at this point Correa at 7 with Reddick/Chirinos 8/9 is perfect. Hope he's ready, soon.
bearkatag15
AG
Hinch updated on Correa, Diaz, Smith and Peacock.

Correa and Diaz will both start rehab assignments early next week. Correa is a couple of days behind Diaz.

Joe Smith has complete a typical spring training regiment. Being looked at over the weekend and could come back early next week

Peacock is in consideration to start Monday. Will through a bull pen tomorrow and get looked at after.
Kashchei
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Kashchei said:

bearkatag15 said:

Just be patient. What do you think will happen when Correa and Diaz come back?

Correa will go 1-4 with a HR and Diaz will go 2-4 with a double and Hinch will find a reason to sit one of them the next game.
Mr.Bond
AG
Honestly kind of surprised were favored in this game
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

McInnis
AG
Correa's history in coming back from DL the past two seasons has been very slow progress.
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Why? Look who were playing and who we are.
bearkatag15
AG

Let's hope Lunhow is smarter than Keith Law
Mr.Bond
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mr.Bond said:

Why? Look who were playing and who we are.

Look at the pitching match up
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
Boyd is not that good. Nice piece but he's not worth Tucker.
redline248
AG
Safe at Home said:

Correa's history in coming back from DL the past two seasons has been very slow progress.

Never had a broken rib, but I can't imagine the twisting nature of swinging a bat would feel too good right after healing.
redline248
AG
Are Reddick and Brantley both under contract next year? What is the earliest that we have an opening in the OF?

Assuming we lock up George
bearkatag15
AG
redline248 said:

Are Reddick and Brantley both under contract next year? What is the earliest that we have an opening in the OF?

Yes to both. 2021 unless we trade Reddick
redline248
AG
bearkatag15 said:

redline248 said:

Yes to both. 2021 unless we trade Reddick

With Yordan, for now, planned as an occasional OF there is still no room for Tucker. Would you rather have him or Reddick? Which one could bring back a higher value in trade?
Kashchei
AG
I remember you were at the JV game. That was miserable. Astros sucked it up and I underdressed and froze my balls off. Hoping for a better result tomorrow...
TonySoprano
You are right he's not that old my mistake. Just feels like he's been pitching for a long time.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
If he can get it down to one game that's a win. JV didn't do him any favors by stirring the league office about balls. This is the same as targeting, make a point that we take player safety seriously. Catchers should have to keep their mask on if we are worried about their safety.

Also, trade Tucker, he is going to average at the major league level. That's based solely on him looking like a deer in the headlights last year
W
AG
Framber alert tonight in Arlington
Beat40
Keeper of The Spirits said:

If he can get it down to one game that's a win. JV didn't do him any favors by stirring the league office about balls. This is the same as targeting, make a point that we take player safety seriously. Catchers should have to keep their mask on if we are worried about their safety.

Also, trade Tucker, he is going to average at the major league level. That's based solely on him looking like a deer in the headlights last year

Because no one looks bad when they first get called up, goes back down, and then plays well in their second stint.... (looking at Trout and Judge)
redline248
AG
If you could guarantee Tucker would pay like Trout Judge, I'd trade Reddick today.
dshedd41
S
Play ball! BTHO Arlington!!
On ESPN BTW
Gig’em Aggies!
titanmaster_race
Ugh was looking forward to Blum and TK tonight. Instead we get the ESPN chumps.

At least it's baseball.
Kashchei
AG
Framber...
jetch17
AG
Rain delay out in midland with the hooks in town ... good news it's half price beer night and I'm already 4 in
gougler08
AG
jetch17 said:

Rain delay out in midland with the hooks in town ... good news it's half price beer night and I'm already 4 in

Half price beer and a rain delay is amazing
tamuwx
AG
Good start Valdez.....
JABQ04
AG
I swear Tyler got fatter over the All Star break.
First Page Last Page
Page 551 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.