***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,007 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Dirty Mike and the Boys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jake made the first move for pretty much anyone has vision.
CFTXAG10
AG
Thats absolute bull****. Jake tried avoid the contact and Lucroy also went inside. Nothing Jake can do differently there. Absolute Grade A horse ****
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
HossAg said:

Idk what our announcer is on. Pretty obvious Jake dived inside towards Lucroy. Dangerous play and he deserved to be called out. Had a completely free path.

This
Dive outside and it's a non issue , lucroy was completely in front of the line
6-4-3
AG
Total crap call. Horrible.
Mr.Bond
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Guys. He diverted left to hit him. Don't know what y'all are watching. Unfortunately for runs, good call.

I'd love to see the replay you're seeing
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Texas A&M
Terrible call.
W
AG
wish Yordan was still in the game now
Buck Compton
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Guys. He diverted left to hit him. Don't know what y'all are watching. Unfortunately for runs, good call.
Watch the view down the line. Marisnick breaks down to avoid it. Then lucroy moved inside to block.
HossAg
AG
Marvin said:

Jake swerved left to avoid the catcher. Lucroy moves towards the ball and they collided. How can you call that interference?

Because Jake went out of the base path. If he stayed in the base path and that happened, then that's fine.
The D
AG
Every ****ing time we get a replay it goes against us. Every damn time
Aggie8587
AG
1) overturn in Oakland last year on the relay play at the plate
2) Altuve called out at home against Boston (clearly safe)
3) Jose game tying homerun against Boston in ALCS called fan interference
4) Jake somehow called out on potential game-winning run for trying to avoid a collision
tremble
AG
He diverted left because the ball was so far outside the path that he had it easier sliding inside. Lucroy put himself into a ****ing pretzel on that play
Agnzona
MAROON said:

Thank you Carlos Beltran!

Load up the brinks truck and being him back to the team in any title he wants.
Mr.Bond
AG
Buck Compton said:

TexAgBolter said:

Watch the view down the line. Marisnick breaks down to avoid it. Then lucroy moved inside to block.

10000 percent this. End of ****ing discussion
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

JABQ04
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Jake moves left first, followed immediately by Lucroy. Lucroy fault 100%.
Marvin
AG
TexAgBolter said:

He diverted to hit him? Really?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
astros4545
AG
Bad call

Plain and simple
Frok
AG
MLB made an emotional call there. They called Jake out because the catcher got hit hard.
Flexbone
Unbelievable what some of you see. This isn't a video game. Jake picked a direction and the catcher moved to block him.
6-4-3
AG
Marisnick moved inside FIRST. No doubt. The throw was away.
Buck Compton
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

HossAg said:

Idk what our announcer is on. Pretty obvious Jake dived inside towards Lucroy. Dangerous play and he deserved to be called out. Had a completely free path.

This
Dive outside and it's a non issue , lucroy was completely in front of the line
Lucroy was moving outside, then switched back inside. Jake broke down and stopped running full speed to avoid it.

Total horse***** Lucroy didn't even ****ing catch it.
. . .
Harry Dunne
TexAgBolter said:

this is the way I saw it. I'll be curious to see what unbiased parties have to say. I am 100% Astros and I still think Jake went into him on purpose.
HossAg
AG
JABQ04 said:

TexAgBolter said:

Why would he go inside when Lucroy was already inside? He should have slid outside in the first place.
Buck Compton
AG
HossAg said:

Marvin said:

Jake swerved left to avoid the catcher. Lucroy moves towards the ball and they collided. How can you call that interference?

Because Jake went out of the base path. If he stayed in the base path and that happened, then that's fine.
Thats not a thing.
Kashchei
AG
Berkman is preaching
sts7049
AG
n_touch
Problem was That he was directly in front of the plate. He moved inside when Jake did. Guarantee if Jake moved outside he would have followed. He went for the collision knowing he would have a chance the run wouldn't count. Calculated on the catcher and he paid the price.
CoachRTM
AG
I don't know the ins and outs of the rule, but it looked like this to me :

1. Jake starts to go inside
2. Lucroy (looking at the ball) adjusts to the inside
3. Jake has a split-second decision to attempt to dodge the catcher or barrel him over. He ducks his head and shoulder intentionally to hit the catcher.
4. Ball gets to the catcher before Jake does.

If that means he's out, he's out.
Flexbone
Harry Dunne said:

TexAgBolter said:

this is the way I saw it. I'll be curious to see what unbiased parties have to say. I am 100% Astros and I still think Jake went into him on purpose.

You need your eyes checked.
mwm
When Lucroy gets his senses back, he'll say "good play" by Jake.
Buck Compton
AG
HossAg said:

JABQ04 said:

TexAgBolter said:

Why would he go inside when Lucroy was already inside? He should have slid outside in the first place.
Watch the play. Lucroy started to drift outside. Jake breaks down and go les inside.
Al Bula
AG
[Bypassing word filters is an automatic ban. -Staff]
JABQ04
AG
I only played ball until freshman year, but as a catcher I loved those plays. I had all the gear on, ****. the runner.

Also I love Lances breakdown of this
Texas A&M
It reminded me of when two people are walking towards each other in a hallway and they keep going in the same direction to try to get out of each other's way..... except at 100x the speed.
First Page Last Page
Page 527 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.