***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,845 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did my part
AstroAggie15
AG
tjholley16 said:

voting for the All Star game is hard. I want as many Astros in and starting as possible... but it's hard to vote for Altuve and Correa over the other guys at their positions based on this season alone.

Just the sheer spite of me wanting to see the field filled with small market players motivates me to vote
Bregxit
AG
tjholley16 said:

voting for the All Star game is hard. I want as many Astros in and starting as possible... but it's hard to vote for Altuve and Correa over the other guys at their positions based on this season alone.

F that! All Astros baby! This is a fan vote and I am only a fan of my boys! If they wanted objective impartiality then leave it to the players and writers.
07ag
AG
voted all the astros and braves, just because i'm a glutton for punishment
https://ts.la/eric59704
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Vored
JDUB08AG
AG
The way I look at it, fans vote on who they want to see. The remaining slots are for all star worthy players. Usually they overlap. This is why having the all star game factoring in to any WS equation was beyond stupid.
CFTXAG10
AG
Voted Astros only + McCannonball
Beat40
After watching Alvarez hit that double last night, it really is incredible to see how hard he hit's the ball when he barrels it. Like Blummer said last night, Osuna had some guts playing in at 1st base. Wow.
Ag_07
AG
It was ground ball that went all the way to the fence.
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

109.2 off the bat.
Beat40
Yeah, it was pretty wild to hear how excited TK got as that ball motored to the wall.
Prosperdick
AG
Ag_07 said:

I can't remember the last time I saw a grounder make it to the fence that wasn't on artificial turf.

ETA - a grounder not down the first or third base line but in one of the gaps.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Going to the game tomorrow. Heard there is no BP for 110 games for whatever reason so do yall know where the best spot to post up and hope to get an autograph is?
Farmer1906
AG
Voted. Left off CC. His dumbass comment about playing in makes me not want him to win the vote.
WES2006AG
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Going to the game tomorrow. Heard there is no BP for 110 games for whatever reason so do yall know where the best spot to post up and hope to get an autograph is?

Right field line beyond the dugout is usually your best bet
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Voted. Left off CC. His dumbass comment about playing in makes me not want him to win the vote.

That seems really petty.
bearkatag15
AG

He's pretty good
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

That seems really petty.

Never claimed I wasn't.
n_touch
. . .
Girl hit by foul ball at Astros game had skull fracture

The 2-year-old girl who was hit by a foul ball at a Houston Astros game last month suffered a skull fracture from the incident, according to her family's attorney.

Houston attorney Richard Mithoff's office released a news release Wednesday on the incident, marking the first time the family involved in the May 29 ordeal has publicly disclosed the young fan's condition.

"The family's foremost concern is about the health of their child, but they also wanted me to extend their thanks to the fans and the Astros for their concern," said Mithoff, who notified the team of his and family attorney Steve Polotko's retention in the matter.

According to attorney's office, the girl also had subdural bleeding, brain contusions and brain edema.

She also had a seizure and is on medication to prevent recurrences, Mithoff's office said. She is recovering at home.
mazag08
AG
Correa was starting to win back my love. He took spring training serious, seemed to work very hard in the offseason to get in good shape, and was playing relatively well and providing value.

With the recent injury, Im back to not caring if he stays here in the future. His value as a half a year above average infielder can be replaceable. Bregman, in my mind, is the short stop of the future. And he gives us the flexibility to find a guy in our system who play either 3rd or short to replace the productivity we expect from a half season of Correa.
. . .
Girl hit by foul ball at Astros game had skull fracture

The 2-year-old girl who was hit by a foul ball at a Houston Astros game last month suffered a skull fracture from the incident, according to her family's attorney.

Houston attorney Richard Mithoff's office released a news release Wednesday on the incident, marking the first time the family involved in the May 29 ordeal has publicly disclosed the young fan's condition.

"The family's foremost concern is about the health of their child, but they also wanted me to extend their thanks to the fans and the Astros for their concern," said Mithoff, who notified the team of his and family attorney Steve Polotko's retention in the matter.

According to attorney's office, the girl also had subdural bleeding, brain contusions and brain edema.

She also had a seizure and is on medication to prevent recurrences, Mithoff's office said. She is recovering at home.
Mr.Bond
AG
Given that there is an attorney involved in guessing a lawsuit is coming
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

n_touch
That was happening from the start no matter her injuries
bearkatag15
AG
I really want Jose Abreu at 1B... Watching White Sox vs Red Sox and he just hit a 2 run 401 ft bomb over the green monster to take a 1 run lead in the top of the 9th.
Mr.Bond
AG
n_touch said:

That was happening from the start no matter her injuries

Pretty sad, that's America I guess.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Harry Dunne
mazag08 said:

Correa was starting to win back my love. He took spring training serious, seemed to work very hard in the offseason to get in good shape, and was playing relatively well and providing value.

With the recent injury, Im back to not caring if he stays here in the future. His value as a half a year above average infielder can be replaceable. Bregman, in my mind, is the short stop of the future. And he gives us the flexibility to find a guy in our system who play either 3rd or short to replace the productivity we expect from a half season of Correa.
He has been pretty solid in the playoffs. That's really all I care about.

If he plays 100 games per year and still manages to put up a 4-5ish WAR and shows up in the playoffs, I'm fine making him an offer better than a less talented but healthier guy that's giving you that value over 150 games like Elvis Andrus. Andrus is plenty good and I'd be happy to have him, but for the same money I'd rather have 2/3 of Correa + Playoff Correa + a guy like Diaz filling in than 100% of Elvis.

We still have a couple of years to figure it out. If he finishes the season strong and plays 150 games per season til he's a FA, then he's going to get Machado $ from the Yankees and we probably need to let him walk.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
So it's pretty safe to assume White is only around until Correa gets back right?

Agnzona
bearkatag15 said:

I really want Jose Abreu at 1B... Watching White Sox vs Red Sox and he just hit a 2 run 401 ft bomb over the green monster to take a 1 run lead in the top of the 9th.

And I really want CFM as our #3 starter.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Agnzona said:

bearkatag15 said:

And I really want CFM as our #3 starter.
So we trade TB Fisher, Kemp, and White for CFM....
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

So it's pretty safe to assume White is only around until Correa gets back right?

I would think that he's around until Diaz gets back (which may be at the same time as Correa), since there is no backup at 1st base until Diaz gets back.

Assuming everyone else stays healthy (which is always far from certain), someone is probably going to have to get cut when both Correa and Diaz come back. I do think Straw will get sent back down until roster expansion, just to avoid cutting 2 guys. I think Jake's play this year has put him well into safe territory. So it's either Kemp or White.

Kemp's total playing time in the last 6 games is 2 pinch hit appearances while White I think has started 13 or 14 games in a row. I would honestly be more surprised to see Kemp cut because I feel he would start for a lot of teams and has more empirical value, but at the same time his value is really at 2b and he's really low on the 2b depth chart when we are healthy.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Who is more fragile: Stanton or Correa?
Mathguy64
AG
That's a ton of $$ that's sitting in a doctors office. If only I had any sympathy for those pinstriped jackwagons.
ChAg1799
AG
They have ridiculous money anyway... while they would rather he be playing, they'll just end up trading for another bat...
First Page Last Page
Page 458 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.