***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,696 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yordan has 7 RBI and 7 runs scored in 4 games.

that's pretty good
Silent For Too Long
W.
Harry Dunne
W said:

Yordan has 7 RBI and 7 runs scored in 4 games.

that's pretty good
Yordan finally answered the age-old question of how good you have to be so that no one on Texags complains.

Now all he has to do is keep up a 100+ HR per season pace the rest of his career.

Mathguy64
AG
.385/.579/1.077 wRC+ 307. Already had a WAR of 0.3, 6 BB, 3 HR, 7 R and 7 RBI. That's a good 4 game run for any player.
gambochaman
AG
Armenteros held his end of the deal pretty well
Kept the rest of the bp from seeing any action
BTKAG97
AG
And in Alvarez's shadow, Armenteros goes 3 innings and only gives up 2 hits, no walks, and gets 3 K's in his first MLB appearance.
Agnzona
And a save.
bearkatag15
AG
Rough starts for Altuve and McHugh in Round Rock tonight

Altuve: 0-4, 2 SO, 1 BB
McHigh: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 1 SO, 1 BB, 1 HR
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
3B Paul 97
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Rough starts for Altuve and McHugh in Round Rock tonight

Altuve: 0-4, 2 SO, 1 BB
McHigh: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 1 SO, 1 BB, 1 HR

Just keep 'em in AAA. We have Alvarez and Armenteros.
Philip J Fry
AG
cap-n-jack said:

What position will Yordan play in the NL parks? They are not going to be able to keep him out of the lineup.

Yordan at first, Yuli 3rd, Bregs SS, Altuve/Shaw 2nd.

We almost have too much talent. We need to trade some of our batting surplus for arms.
The D
AG
I really want springer back. I think he is our best player
McInnis
AG
Quote:

I think the only reason Fisher was called up was because it was pre June 2nd

Since it's now afterward if jake goes on the il then I would think tucker would have a good shot to be called up.

Rusty, I hope you're right but what's the significance of June 2nd?
StoutAg
AG
We just got back from the game and the ball just launches off of Yordan's bat. Kid can mash. Equally impressive is his plate discipline and willingness to take a walk.

Get the rest of the hurt people back and send white and mayfield down plus whoever else and it's looking good.

Question - do you keep Alvarez at cleanup?
Ags #1
AG
Probably something to do with his free agent clock. Didn't want to start it early and keep him under more years of team control?
W
AG
I think 'yes' for 2 reasons:

-- high on-base %

-- doesn't hit the ball on the ground
MelvinUdall
StoutAg said:

We just got back from the game and the ball just launches off of Yordan's bat. Kid can mash. Equally impressive is his plate discipline and willingness to take a walk.

Get the rest of the hurt people back and send white and mayfield down plus whoever else and it's looking good.

Question - do you keep Alvarez at cleanup?

You can't send White down, he is out of options, you would have to release him or trade him, same with Kemp.
Deluxe
AG
suburban cowboy said:

I am so happy the Astros now have a big nasty lefty Cuban black man that murders the baseball
I Like Turtles
AG
If I remember correctly it was 10-0 when Biggio came up. I told my friend "i wouldn't mind if he jacked one" and he almost did. How the hell can you root against Biggio's kid in his debut at home.... up 10-0. What a cool moment for him.
sts7049
AG
I Like Turtles said:

If I remember correctly it was 10-0 when Biggio came up. I told my friend "i wouldn't mind if he jacked one" and he almost did. How the hell can you root against Biggio's kid in his debut at home.... up 10-0. What a cool moment for him.

because he's the enemy so none of that nostalgia BS matters more than crushing their skulls apparently
Frok
AG
If I was there I would have chanted B G O just for old time sake.
ChAg1799
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Member when y'all wanted JT.

And you didn't...
Mathguy64
AG
Robbie has been fantastic this season. He's having a career year at age 35. And no one would have expected this. I bet the Rangers didn't

.243/.367/.521, 12 HR, 34 R, 38 RBI. He's cut down his k% and increased his BB%, wRC+ of 139 and WAR of 1.6. He's on a path to shatter his career numbers for HR, R and RBI, his OBA and SLG would be career bests, his wRC+ is way over career best, and his career best WAR was 1.6. All of this is way way over his projected numbers.

Part of his production can be explained by having more guys on in front of him and way better guys hitting behind him driving him in. But his production and attitude have been top notch.

Here's the rub for me. He's played in a lot of games so far because Stassi and now Stubbs are such big drop offs. He's catching 4 out of 5 days. I wish we could get it down to 3 of 5 and maybe DH him periodically. Injuries right now make that impossible.
redline248
AG
How often do the #1 catchers on other teams rest?
bigjag19
AG
redline248 said:

How often do the #1 catchers on other teams rest?

Often now a days. Prolong careers by not squatting every night.
titanmaster_race
Nvm
dshedd41
S
Going to the game today! Let's hope my presence gets us another win
Gig’em Aggies!
AgDoc03
AG
mathguy86 said:

Robbie has been fantastic this season. He's having a career year at age 35. And no one would have expected this. I bet the Rangers didn't

.243/.367/.521, 12 HR, 34 R, 38 RBI. He's cut down his k% and increased his BB%, wRC+ of 139 and WAR of 1.6. He's on a path to shatter his career numbers for HR, R and RBI, his OBA and SLG would be career bests, his wRC+ is way over career best, and his career best WAR was 1.6. All of this is way way over his projected numbers.

Part of his production can be explained by having more guys on in front of him and way better guys hitting behind him driving him in. But his production and attitude have been top notch.

Here's the rub for me. He's played in a lot of games so far because Stassi and now Stubbs are such big drop offs. He's catching 4 out of 5 days. I wish we could get it down to 3 of 5 and maybe DH him periodically. Injuries right now make that impossible.

Does his exceeding projections offset Tyler's lack of meeting projections?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bearkatag15
AG

Let's see if he can play some D
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Deluxe
AG
Wonder if his height and Superman abilities will allow him to rob HRs from the Crawford boxes.
Farmer1906
AG

Farmer1906
AG
ChAg1799 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Member when y'all wanted JT.

And you didn't...

Not for the price rumored.
Ag_07
AG
Chorizo has been WAY better than I ever expected. I'll eat that crow. Had a feeling he'd improve but I did not see this coming.

My only concern is the future at the position. How long can he produce at this level and who is gonna take over for him.

Not very high in Stassi and jury still out on Stubbs.
W
AG
ugh, more of the Mayfield Experiment. Is Kemp tired from playing everyday?

2 for 34 residing in the 7-hole today
redline248
AG
Do catchers get drafted higher relative to other positions b/c it's harder to find a really good one? If the Astros keep winning will they have to acquire one through free agency or trade more often?

I have no idea what they have in the system
Farmer1906
AG
We just spent a 1st rounder on a catcher. Hopefully he turns out to be a big leaguer. Until then or if not we can find cheap average catcher types if Chirinos ages quickly. Look around the league. Who has great constant production from their catcher?
First Page Last Page
Page 400 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.