***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,521 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

What is the status of the astros TV deal with root/attsw? Are they like a year or two away from being able to move or is this like a "year 8 of 20" situation?
What's wrong with the current deal? Our production quality and PBP are light years better than anything ****ty Fox Sports has ever thought about producing...
expresswrittenconsent
What a weird response. I apologize for the inappropriate question.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Luhnow talked about Alvarez frequently the weeks before call up. Had he said anything about Tucker, recently?

Wasn't Tucker one of the Astros "not available" guys?

For trades? He wasn't for JT. I would guess for the right deal he would be I don't know what that would be.
Yelich.

Sorry. No room in our OF.
Buck Compton
AG
To answer your question, the deal runs through 2032.

But why do we want to move? Simple question. Great production and great announcers. The only real alternative is Fox Sports, and Fox is ****ty. So the question is pointless.
Farmer1906
AG

I don't the answer, but we're not getting near the $ as others. We need a new one for that alone. Gotta be able to afford Correa.
TREX01
Astros signed their first rd pick for about $500k under slot
Buck Compton
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't the answer, but we're not getting near the $ as others. We need a new one for that alone. Gotta be able to afford Correa.
Astros are in the Top 10 in TV deals as of 2016 and have a pretty team-friendly deal for not owning or taking any risk from partial ownership of the network. Comcast and Root were the real issues with getting paid, but the deal was updated.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/estimated-tv-revenues-for-all-30-mlb-teams/
redline248
AG
They should go to a channel that isn't limited to AT&T customers. Dish viewers in Texas are screwed. Does YouTube TV show them?
Buck Compton
AG
redline248 said:

They should go to a channel that isn't limited to AT&T customers. Dish viewers in Texas are screwed. Does YouTube TV show them?
They're on fuboTV, and are in negotiations with other distributors to provide their content as part of other streaming services.

Side note: If you have T-Mobile, MLB.tv is free each year and is another streaming option.

Regional sports networks (almost all of them) are far behind other content in getting to streaming services. If you cut the cord, this is one of the trade-offs at the moment.

I guess I've never had a problem watching the Astros considering the proliferation of UVerse in Texas markets.
expresswrittenconsent
Thx. To your question, I dont really want to change but their coverage/availability in Texas is poor. None of the other channels I regularly watch are not available on 80% of the cable/satellite offerings in my area.

*edit
*And UVERSE is getting mothballed. They lost NFLN and redzone last month. ATT is killing the platform.
AstroAggie15
AG
Buck Compton said:

redline248 said:

They're on fuboTV, and are in negotiations with other distributors to provide their content as part of other streaming services.

Side note: If you have T-Mobile, MLB.tv is free each year and is another streaming option.

Regional sports networks (almost all of them) are far behind other content in getting to streaming services. If you cut the cord, this is one of the trade-offs at the moment.

I guess I've never had a problem watching the Astros considering the proliferation of UVerse in Texas markets.

Where have you seen that they're in negotiations with other streaming services?
AstroAggie15
AG
I travel a Lot for work in the state. Pisses me off to no end that the Rangers are on the TVs in hotels but not the Astros.

Ridiculous.
Kashchei
AG
Just saw Yordan's HR on the re-air. He poked at it and it went out. Unreal power!
Buck Compton
AG

Thx. To your question, I dont really want to change but their coverage/availability in Texas is poor. None of the other channels I regularly watch are not available on 80% of the cable/satellite offerings in my area.

*edit
*And UVERSE is getting mothballed. They lost NFLN and redzone last month. ATT is killing the platform.
Yep. I misspoke when I said proliferation of uverse vs. saying at&t (which obviously includes directv as well.

That being said, I'm rarely in the state during the week and have MLB.tv to make up for it. At home, always had at&t or directv.
bearkatag15
AG
My only complaint with AT&T Sportsnet is that you can't watch the channel online through your phone or computer at all through your provider's login.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Buck Compton
AG
While I wouldn't say it's inside info, I'd say industry connections... They're not in the final stages of any negotiations by my info, but they're open and exploring options. They're not recouping their outlays on the deal with current subscribers, so they need more eyeballs. (Purely from a cash flow basis)
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

My only complaint with AT&T Sportsnet is that you can't watch the channel online through your phone or computer at all through your provider's login.
This is my complaint as well. It's dumb that I can't watch with my own login outside of my wifi. I get why they are doing it, but it's detrimental to their customer base.
Mr President Elect
AG
A little off topic because it won't work if you're in-market, but mlbtv has a special going through the 16th where it's only $50 for the rest of the year
mazag08
AG
Can we end the ever so boring talk about tv and get back to talking about the team?
spadilly
S
bearkatag15 said:

I watch it through the ATTSports App. It makes me select the SW region and then log in through Directv, but I can access it anywhere.
Ryan34
AG
Buck Compton said:

Fisher won't block anyone, including Tucker. No one is arguing that.

Straw serves a separate purpose, though. If you're looking at a 7-game series and a 13 position player roster, you have to be willing to sacrifice the defensive support of Jake or the speed of straw to get Tucker on the roster. Period.

2 catchers, 5 infielders, 5 outfielders, and a DH. There's flexibility in there, but who does Tucker replace from this list?

IF: Yuli, Altuve, Correa, Bregman, Diaz
OF: Reddick, Springer, Brantley, Marisnick, Straw

Probably Straw because we don't have a left handed bat on the bench with that group, whereas Marisnick and Straw are a bit duplicative. But Tucker needs to actually do something at the MLB level or else this is all moot.
R-Dog
AG
spadilly said:

bearkatag15 said:

I watch it through the ATTSports App. It makes me select the SW region and then log in through Directv, but I can access it anywhere.

I am pretty sure you still have to be within the Astros territory...they check it via IP address if you are on Wi-fi. I couldn't get it to work when I was out of state last year but should work just about anywhere in Texas and into Louisiana.
spadilly
S
Gotcha. I've only used it throughout Texas.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Kashchei
AG
third coast.. said:

So who gets the solo shot off Verlander tonight

There's your answer. Like clockwork.
cap-n-jack
Braun that's who
dshedd41
S
There it is.....
Gig’em Aggies!
astros4545
AG
dshedd14 said:

There it is.....

7 shutout innings left
dshedd41
S
Just wanted to post these for you guys
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Really enjoy having Brantley on our team ,such a good hitter, fielder
Gig’em Aggies!
Kashchei
AG
****, Yuli, c'mon man
n_touch
Another YIDP
Beat40
I hate GIDPs!
Kashchei
AG
Not a good start so far...
First Page Last Page
Page 380 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.