***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,991 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

my fault

Jinxy McJinxerson
mwm
And how big was that catch by Jake?
spadilly
S
Ballgame!
n_touch
I will offer payment in the form of TOFA

Bregxit
AG
Door shut
Frok
AG
Thank you Red Sox errors.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mathguy64
AG
Take it back. I mean rip it from their ******* sorry yankee cigarette stained piss stained hands. Don't ask politely. Just take it the **** back.
Ag_07
AG
But that's what I love about Osuna. He isn't always perfect but he always has control and nothing ever snowballs.

I don't ever get that gut feel of 'Ah shlt...Here we go.' Very composed and level headed.
bearkatag15
AG
I don't think we can afford to play with a short bench the rest of this series and the next. I think George has to go on an IL stint
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

Think Jake should maybe stay at CF on a permanent basis

His glove is so good and his bat has been respectable this season
Should definitely ride him while he's hot. He's a GG fielder if he could just continue to hit respectably.
Mathguy64
AG
Agreed. These next 5 games at home are big. Either Tucker is up to play LF/DH and Brantley to DH/LF every day or Brantley is in LF and Alvarez to DH every day. If it's either of them they have to play every day.
bearkatag15
AG
Agnzona
This team definitely gets pumped for the best teams.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
bearkatag15
AG

He sounds super grim about this one. This will linger for awhile
AggiEE
How long does a bad hamstring strain take to heal? Are we looking at 1-2 months on the IL?

So disappointing but the silver lining is that it gives s chance for one of the AAA guys to show their stuff and hopefully Springer gets back later in the season just in time to be effective for the post season.
W
AG
enter Yordan or Tucker
Hulla Baller
AG
We really need good Altuve back ASAP.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Sometimes when the back (or some other muscular thing) is not completely right, athletes exert themselves in different ways which can open them up to other injuries. I wonder if that's what happened there. If he has to go on a long IL stint for the hamstring, it might be a good thing for his back to fully heal. As we saw with Correa last year, half a week off doesn't fix that.
Mr President Elect
AG
Ag_07 said:

But that's what I love about Osuna. He isn't always perfect but he always has control and nothing ever snowballs.

I don't ever get that gut feel of 'Ah shlt...Here we go.' Very composed and level headed.
True... but the games were slightly more interesting with Giles; on the flip side, I will probably live a couple years longer now.
Frok
AG
Probably looking at 6 weeks on the IL for Springer? That would be my guess.
bearkatag15
AG

Gosh George looks like he is about to burst into tears. He is clearly devastated. I feel so bad for him. He clearly puts his entire heart and soul into this game and this team
Ag_07
AG
I know it's impossible to tell George to take it easy but damn it was a foul ball.
Harry Dunne
Anybody still moaning about Brantley not diving for balls?
Mathguy64
AG
Harry Dunne said:

If Brantley is in LF in the 5th this game is tied in the 9th. Reddick cut off that ball hit to the gap and held the batter to a single. If that's Brantley it's a double. The next batter hit a single and instead of an RBI and a 4-2 game its 4-1 and first and second.
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne said:

He doesn't dive for balls in play and that's a problem. I'll forgive him for foul balls like Springers tonight.
Harry Dunne
mathguy86 said:

Harry Dunne said:

If Brantley is in LF in the 5th this game is tied in the 9th. Reddick cut off that ball hit to the gap and held the batter to a single. If that's Brantley it's a double. The next batter hit a single and instead of an RBI and a 4-2 game its 4-1 and first and second.
If Brantley is in the lineup he probably gets a couple of hits and makes up for it.
cc10106
Dammit, dammit, dammit, George. Dude just won't learn. Gotta take the good with the bad i guess.
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

He doesn't dive for balls in play and that's a problem. I'll forgive him for foul balls like Springers tonight.
Not everyone can sacrifice their body all the time and stay healthy for a whole season. Springer can't. Brantley knows he can't.

Brantley lives to play another day and provides value with his bat. I'd rather have a George slow down a little bit and play 160 games. He also makes his living with his bat far, far more than with his glove.
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Jake in center gives us better coverage, so I think we should be okay letting one of the league leading hitters with injury trouble in the past remain healthy and letting the occasional ball drop for a bloop single and hope Jake can reach many of the gaps.

I'd still alternate him at the DH most nights. We're probably going to get Tucker called up for LF which isn't an improvement of Brantley's LF and Reddick goes to RF

Harry Dunne
AggiEE
Springer goes HAM way too often with a lot of risky efforts.

I'd rather he just go HAM at the plate where injury is less likely
Mathguy64
AG
Harry Dunne said:

bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Not everyone can sacrifice their body all the time and stay healthy for a whole season. Springer can't. Brantley knows he can't.

Brantley lives to play another day and provides value with his bat. I'd rather have a George slow down a little bit and play 160 games. He also makes his living with his bat far, far more than with his glove.

There is a difference between sacrificing your body and hustling. And Brantley doesn't give the appearance of hustling to balls.
Ags #1
AG
doesn't he have a history with not staying healthy? Maybe that's why?
PSully97
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I remember this play. He had hurt himself the night before diving for a foul ball. I agree he needs to stay in control in the field and do his damage mashing bombs.
First Page Last Page
Page 260 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.