***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,713 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Gig’em Aggies!
annie88
AG
Well pretty bummed today but it was a great season with a crappy ending. But I'll be back there next year and we'll start this crazy ride all over again.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
k20dub
AG
Anyone else wishing they would have dropped more dough on WS gear in '17?
dshedd41
S
I wanted a ring, but it was just not meant to be....
Gig’em Aggies!
07ag
AG
k20dub said:

Anyone else wishing they would have dropped more dough on WS gear in '17?
nah,, spent too much as it was
https://ts.la/eric59704
07ag
AG
dshedd41 said:

I wanted a ring, but it was just not meant to be....
i'm sure there will be an al champ ring giveaway next year
https://ts.la/eric59704
Liquid Wrench
The Ragonk Strikes Back said:

This video is creepy. Does Mack now he's being recorded there?
Ag12thman
AG
Don't think he knows he's being filmed there. He just looks like a sad and shocked Astros fan in that clip to me --- just like many of the rest of us.
Bulldog73
AG
How very Darren Rovell of him. Can't stand that dude.
jr15aggie
AG
One thing I know for sure... the fact that we won in 17 let me get over this real quick. If not I'd have been super depressed and pissed.
Sid Farkas
AG
Left the house today sans my Stros ballcap. Just couldn't bear to put it on and don't want any strangers to talk to me about it
Max Power
AG
dshedd41 said:

As much as I appreciate Cole's efforts this season this feels like a pretty disingenuous statement. The fact he put on a Boras Corp hat the second the season was over pisses me off. I get it, you're a free agent, had the best season of your career and you want to cash in, you deserve it. Guys in that clubhouse are sad, fans are sad, lots to get over. Maybe wait till tomorrow to do something like that.

Getting to the World Series is hard, there's a chance none of them get to play in another World Series game again. Maybe he signs a monster deal with a team and is right back there next season, money seems to be on either LAA or NYY. No guarantee Houston's going back next season, we have talent, but getting there is hard.

I'll be mad a while that we lost last night, but winning in 2017 is my favorite sports memory of all time, 2019 would have just been gravy. Would winning last night have held a candle to 2017? Nope. Nothing will ever top it. Aggies could win a national title in football and the Texans could win a Super Bowl and it wouldn't be as big a deal to me as the Astros winning the WS. It's the team of my childhood, I teared up after winning that game it was so emotional. The only other time in my life I cried because I was happy was the day my daughter was born. I went to Biggio's HOF induction, tried to make Bagwell's but things didn't work out. Baseball is special to me, this team is special to me. If I ever meet Crane, Morton, Luhnow, Springer, Altuve, Hinch, etc in person I'll thank them for 2017.

But before you run out the door looking for your pile of money you might want to savor what you just went through this season. You might not get to experience it again.
gambochaman
MAROON
AG
Quote:

Nothing will ever top it. Aggies could win a national title in football and the Texans could win a Super Bowl and it wouldn't be as big a deal to me as the Astros winning the WS. It's the team of my childhood, I teared up after winning that game it was so emotional. The only other time in my life I cried because I was happy was the day my daughter was born.
literally 100% this. I could have written the exact same thing.

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
PSully97
AG
MAROON said:

Quote:

Nothing will ever top it. Aggies could win a national title in football and the Texans could win a Super Bowl and it wouldn't be as big a deal to me as the Astros winning the WS. It's the team of my childhood, I teared up after winning that game it was so emotional. The only other time in my life I cried because I was happy was the day my daughter was born.
literally 100% this. I could have written the exact same thing.
Ag12thman
AG
Outstanding post. For me it's 1(A) Aggies and 1(B) Astros, so the only thing that would come close to 2017 for me would be an Aggie National Championship.
maca1028
Quote:

I'll be mad a while that we lost last night, but winning in 2017 is my favorite sports memory of all time, 2019 would have just been gravy. Would winning last night have held a candle to 2017? Nope. Nothing will ever top it. Aggies could win a national title in football and the Texans could win a Super Bowl and it wouldn't be as big a deal to me as the Astros winning the WS. It's the team of my childhood, I teared up after winning that game it was so emotional. The only other time in my life I cried because I was happy was the day my daughter was born.

Love this man!
ATM9000
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Left the house today sans my Stros ballcap. Just couldn't bear to put it on and don't want any strangers to talk to me about it

Jesus... don't be a ***** man. They are still a great team and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them and talking about them no matter what.
Sid Farkas
AG
ATM9000 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Jesus... don't be a ***** man. They are still a great team and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them and talking about them no matter what.
Ok...I'll cut you slack. It does sound a little more melodramatic than it reality. But still, I just didn't want to wear it...the guy at the butcher shop always wants to talk baseball and I didn't want to invite it...my enthusiasm is at an ebb
ATM9000
AG
Sid Farkas said:

ATM9000 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Ok...I'll cut you slack. It does sound a little more melodramatic than it reality. But still, I just didn't want to wear it...the guy at the butcher shop always wants to talk baseball and I didn't want to invite it...my enthusiasm is at an ebb

'Cut you slack'... you have some drama tendencies don't you?

Regarding the Astros, they have been the best team in baseball for about 3 years now collectively and will continue to be up there next season. I'll gladly talk about them over about any other of my sports teams and it isn't close still.

They lost last night, but they are still ridiculously exciting and fun.
8T2
Depending on how you define "best", the Astros have been the best team in baseball since 2015. They have 481 regular season wins (only the Dodgers have more - 485). Playoffs 4 of last 5 years. 3 consecutive CS, 2 penants, 1 WS championship.

Virtually no one tops that.
Sid Farkas
AG
ATM9000 said:

Sid Farkas said:

ATM9000 said:

Sid Farkas said:

'Cut you slack'... you have some drama tendencies don't you?

Regarding the Astros, they have been the best team in baseball for about 3 years now collectively and will continue to be up there next season. I'll gladly talk about them over about any other of my sports teams and it isn't close still.

They lost last night, but they are still ridiculously exciting and fun.
You're a sweet guy. Nice chattin with ya.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Philip J Fry
AG
Cole owes Houston for the pitcher he turned into. If it weren't for the Astros, he would just be another ho hum Pirates pitcher. I think that's what grates on me more than anything. You're welcome for this huge windfall you're about to get. Don't let the door hit you on the way out
threeanout
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Julia says it best

The 2019 Astros and the 1989 Aggies. Two of the best teams ever that didn't win it all.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
**** Cole. We rescued your sorry ass from a terrible pirates team. Show some ****ing class. You are going to get paid because of the Astros not despite the Astros. His California roots showed here. **** Cole. I hope you land on a team and never make the playoffs again. Have fun being the Charles Barkley and Dan Marino of MLB pitchers.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Charlie Conway
I wonder if he's upset the Astros didn't try and extend him
agdaddy04
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Maybe this.
Also could be the frustration of losing as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Charlie Conway said:

Zero chance boras would let his client do that
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Sid Farkas
AG
"The rest isn't up to me" might mean the deal is on the table and the ball is in the Stros' court
astros4545
AG
dshedd41 said:

Bad headline

Should be "Self-represented Gerrit COLE"
JDUB08AG
AG
Sid Farkas said:

"The rest isn't up to me" might mean the deal is on the table and the ball is in the Stros' court

This line annoys me. Well yes, it is up to you.
txag614
dshedd41 said:

He lost a fan in me. Scum move.
Big Bucks
AG
Amen to the Amen.
First Page Last Page
Page 2125 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.