***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,743,307 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by PSully97
Topher17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's be real, Hinch had two choices. 1) Let Greinke ride or 2) Bring in Harris. Bringing in Harris isn't a terrible decision as some of you are making it out to be. He's been so so good all playoffs. You don't bring in Cole mid inning and it was too early for Osuna, therefore you go Harris. The pitch that went yard was a good pitch in a good spot, he just got beat. Hindsight is 20/20.
We lost the game by giving up 3 more after that and our offense going dormant at home. We should have had 4 or 5 on Scherzer and been in the drivers seat, but the O lost the game and ultimately the series. Losing all 4 at home is truly unbelievable.
ccaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:




Damn I really hate the approach Cole is taking based on all these post game tweets. Even if it's just because he's pissed Hinch didn't put him in, I think this isn't a good look.

It doesn't matter in the end because he's getting paid, but he comes off as a sore loser imo.
Aggie_Brad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is it with TALL, lanky strike out Ace's (Randy Johnson, Cole,....) not liking Houston as a place to stay and play ball plus a chance to win a championship or 3?
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe so but dont think he gives af when he gets 250 mill
ChAg1799
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not true... Harris had been seen by every batter almost twice... in 6 games. Poor decision. I would have gone to Osuna for the inning then Uquidy... then Cole...
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Topher17 said:

Let's be real, Hinch had two choices. 1) Let Greinke ride or 2) Bring in Harris. Bringing in Harris isn't a terrible decision as some of you are making it out to be. He's been so so good all playoffs. You don't bring in Cole mid inning and it was too early for Osuna, therefore you go Harris. The pitch that went yard was a good pitch in a good spot, he just got beat. Hindsight is 20/20.
We lost the game by giving up 3 more after that and our offense going dormant at home. We should have had 4 or 5 on Scherzer and been in the drivers seat, but the O lost the game and ultimately the series. Losing all 4 at home is truly unbelievable.
You trade for a future hall of famer Ace only to pull him at the first sign of adversity? With one runner on base and the bottom of the order who hasn't come close to touching him due up? With pitch count in the 70's?

Really?
Topher17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

bearkatag15 said:




What a loser. Everyone knows the leverage you have and you can't treat this as professionally as possible. I guess Boras coached him into this...

If he goes off to the A's he will fade into irrelevance.

Surely you mean the Angels and not the A's right?
If we aren't going to pay Cole, the A's sure as hell aren't paying him.
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we go the youth route or trade route next year? I'm guessing both.
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie_Brad said:

What is it with TALL, lanky strike out Ace's (Randy Johnson, Cole,....) not liking Houston as a place to stay and play ball plus a chance to win a championship or 3?


No one really cares about Championships, just $$$$
ccaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags #1 said:

Maybe so but dont think he gives af when he gets 250 mill


I'm sure he doesn't care how it looks or he wouldn't do it. I just wish he'd go out with a little more class.

Anyways it doesn't matter. Just an observation.
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All of those options were scary for different reasons, Hinch should have Greinke one more hitter
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Topher17 said:

Premium said:

bearkatag15 said:




What a loser. Everyone knows the leverage you have and you can't treat this as professionally as possible. I guess Boras coached him into this...

If he goes off to the A's he will fade into irrelevance.

Surely you mean the Angels and not the A's right?
If we aren't going to pay Cole, the A's sure as hell aren't paying him.


Surely I do... but I generally don't know a thing about baseball until the league championship series, if it includes the Astros
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazag08 said:

Topher17 said:

Let's be real, Hinch had two choices. 1) Let Greinke ride or 2) Bring in Harris. Bringing in Harris isn't a terrible decision as some of you are making it out to be. He's been so so good all playoffs. You don't bring in Cole mid inning and it was too early for Osuna, therefore you go Harris. The pitch that went yard was a good pitch in a good spot, he just got beat. Hindsight is 20/20.
We lost the game by giving up 3 more after that and our offense going dormant at home. We should have had 4 or 5 on Scherzer and been in the drivers seat, but the O lost the game and ultimately the series. Losing all 4 at home is truly unbelievable.
You trade for a future hall of famer Ace only to pull him at the first sign of adversity? With one runner on base and the bottom of the order who hasn't come close to touching him due up? With pitch count in the 70's?

Really?


I am beyond pissed. Greinke knew what he was doing and Hinch somehow did not.
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

Aggie_Brad said:

What is it with TALL, lanky strike out Ace's (Randy Johnson, Cole,....) not liking Houston as a place to stay and play ball plus a chance to win a championship or 3?


No one really cares about Championships, just $$$$


That's not true at all. A lot of these guys make bank and would kill go get a ring vs a pay raise.
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm disappointed. I'm sad, but strangely, I'm not crushed.

I said when the playoffs started that I was going to enjoy the ride, and I did. Tonight was not the outcome we all wanted. This season, even with the 107 wins and World Series, will be remembered as one of the best Astros teams ever. But, they didn't get the job done.

Sometimes baseball happens. The best team doesn't always win. How many times did the Nationals get key hits with 2 outs?

Astros left too many runners on base and squandered so many opportunities. Hinch over complicated and over managed tonight. The Astros failed in Game 7 as a team. Greinke pitched his ass off. That HR Kendrick hit was off a decent pitch by Harris. Tip your cap.

It's disappointing to come back to MMP needing 1 win for the title and losing 2 games. They also had the lead going into the 7th. I won't lie: this hurts. The Nats performed when it mattered most. The Astros did not.

But, imagine if this would have happened in 2017? I would have been devastated. This year, I'm not.

It's been a great year overall that ended in failure. Only one team can go into the of season winning the final game. This year, it wasn't us. I couldn't put my finger on it, but this team seemed to lack the magic.

I still love this team. They are my team. They are this thread's team. We have a WS title, went to the ALCS, then won the AL pennant over a three year span. I will take that anytime. I think the 17 title makes this more bearable.

I don't know any one of you on here personally, but I've enjoyed your takes all season long. It's going to suck to wake up tomorrow to no baseball. I'm ready for Spring Training already.

Go Astros!


The Beef01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Philip J Fry said:

The Beef01 said:

Philip J Fry said:

The idea that Cole would come in on 2 days rest from the bullpen when he's never done it before is hilariously laughable.

This loss goes on the offense and no one else.
Well, Hinch brought in Verlander on short rest in the ALDS in '17 which he (Verlander) had never done before...what is the difference between those two seasons?

Yes, some of the fire Hinch posts are the hottest of hot takes tonight...but some of you guys are throwing scorchers out there to defend him.


And Verlander gave up a game tying home run and wasn't exactly effective.
See my previous post...2 2/3 IP, 1 H, 1ER

Is that the hill you want to die on?

He chose to go against that philosophy tonight and was given 2 2/3 IP, 7 H, 4 ER by his bullpen.
Topher17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

Topher17 said:

Let's be real, Hinch had two choices. 1) Let Greinke ride or 2) Bring in Harris. Bringing in Harris isn't a terrible decision as some of you are making it out to be. He's been so so good all playoffs. You don't bring in Cole mid inning and it was too early for Osuna, therefore you go Harris. The pitch that went yard was a good pitch in a good spot, he just got beat. Hindsight is 20/20.
We lost the game by giving up 3 more after that and our offense going dormant at home. We should have had 4 or 5 on Scherzer and been in the drivers seat, but the O lost the game and ultimately the series. Losing all 4 at home is truly unbelievable.
You trade for a future hall of famer Ace only to pull him at the first sign of adversity? With one runner on base and the bottom of the order who hasn't come close to touching him due up? With pitch count in the 70's?

Really?

Like I said, he had two choices. I think letting Greinke ride makes sense there, but I'm not going to skewer him for bringing in our best reliever all post season. If it works, you go to Cole in the 8th and he looks like a genius. Not saying I would have taken Greinke out with the way he was throwing, but I don't think it was an unforgivable move some here are making it out to be.
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

Premium said:

Aggie_Brad said:

What is it with TALL, lanky strike out Ace's (Randy Johnson, Cole,....) not liking Houston as a place to stay and play ball plus a chance to win a championship or 3?


No one really cares about Championships, just $$$$


That's not true at all. A lot of these guys make bank and would kill go get a ring vs a pay raise.


I call B.S. anyone would give up tens of millions of dollars for a team Championship.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agproducer said:

I'm disappointed. I'm sad, but strangely, I'm not crushed.

I said when the playoffs started that I was going to enjoy the ride, and I did. Tonight was not the outcome we all wanted. This season, even with the 107 wins and World Series, will be remembered as one of the best Astros teams ever. But, they didn't get the job done.

Sometimes baseball happens. The best team doesn't always win. How many times did the Nationals get key hits with 2 outs?

Astros left too many runners on base and squandered so many opportunities. Hinch over complicated and over managed tonight. The Astros failed in Game 7 as a team. Greinke pitched his ass off. That HR Kendrick hit was off a decent pitch by Harris. Tip your cap.

It's disappointing to come back to MMP needing 1 win for the title and losing 2 games. They also had the lead going into the 7th. I won't lie: this hurts. The Nats performed when it mattered most. The Astros did not.

But, imagine if this would have happened in 2017? I would have been devastated. This year, I'm not.

It's been a great year overall that ended in failure. Only one team can go into the of season winning the final game. This year, it wasn't us. I couldn't put my finger on it, but this team seemed to lack the magic.

I still love this team. They are my team. They are this thread's team. We have a WS title, went to the ALCS, then won the AL pennant over a three year span. I will take that anytime. I think the 17 title makes this more bearable.

I don't know any one of you on here personally, but I've enjoyed your takes all season long. It's going to suck to wake up tomorrow to no baseball. I'm ready for Spring Training already.

Go Astros!





I like everything you said except the first sentence. Not being crushed right now is insane.

This is the best astros team we will ever see, and they just lost a World Series..
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
who Likes Hinch least right now - Greinke or Cole
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree with those saying the offense lost this game primarily. We should have had a minimum of 6 runs at the time Hinch yanked Greinke. The offense was stagnant for the majority of the World Series and is definitely the primary reason we lost.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Hopefully hinch goes to the Mets as rumored.


I'd definitely take a Stroman for Hinch trade

We're going to need a starting pitcher after losing Cole and Miley
jopatura
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once Greinke got into the later innings, it should have been Greinke, Osuna, Cole. No one else. Hinch even said that was his plan all along to use Osuna early and have Cole close.

The problem was Greinke went too long and it messed with Hinch's head. Hinch tried to fall back into the 7-8-9 routine and it burned him.
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So who becomes manager of the Astros if that happens?
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Premium said:

Cromagnum said:

Premium said:

Aggie_Brad said:

What is it with TALL, lanky strike out Ace's (Randy Johnson, Cole,....) not liking Houston as a place to stay and play ball plus a chance to win a championship or 3?


No one really cares about Championships, just $$$$


That's not true at all. A lot of these guys make bank and would kill go get a ring vs a pay raise.


I call B.S. anyone would give up tens of millions of dollars for a team Championship.


JV may have

He could have taken a guaranteed deal elsewhere with a greater number of years
Nino Brown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would have to hear the entire Cole-Hinch conversation beforehand before passing judgement on Hinchs' decision.

I blame Hinch for pulling Grienke but not necessarily for not putting Cole in at that point. He may of been thinking if he puts him out there and it doesn't work it looks bad that he forced him to go on 2 days. I genuinely believe he was gonna use Cole just for the 9th. Cole, unfortunately let his emotions get the best of him after the game.
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stanford can't think on feet, must follow process, system abort
Topher17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agproducer said:

I'm disappointed. I'm sad, but strangely, I'm not crushed.

I said when the playoffs started that I was going to enjoy the ride, and I did. Tonight was not the outcome we all wanted. This season, even with the 107 wins and World Series, will be remembered as one of the best Astros teams ever. But, they didn't get the job done.

Sometimes baseball happens. The best team doesn't always win. How many times did the Nationals get key hits with 2 outs?

Astros left too many runners on base and squandered so many opportunities. Hinch over complicated and over managed tonight. The Astros failed in Game 7 as a team. Greinke pitched his ass off. That HR Kendrick hit was off a decent pitch by Harris. Tip your cap.

It's disappointing to come back to MMP needing 1 win for the title and losing 2 games. They also had the lead going into the 7th. I won't lie: this hurts. The Nats performed when it mattered most. The Astros did not.

But, imagine if this would have happened in 2017? I would have been devastated. This year, I'm not.

It's been a great year overall that ended in failure. Only one team can go into the of season winning the final game. This year, it wasn't us. I couldn't put my finger on it, but this team seemed to lack the magic.

I still love this team. They are my team. They are this thread's team. We have a WS title, went to the ALCS, then won the AL pennant over a three year span. I will take that anytime. I think the 17 title makes this more bearable.

I don't know any one of you on here personally, but I've enjoyed your takes all season long. It's going to suck to wake up tomorrow to no baseball. I'm ready for Spring Training already.

Go Astros!




Yeah I'm feeling pretty logical right now, but I'm crushed. Absolutely heartbroken really.
Who knows if we ever get here again. World Series with home field and we drop all four. This is going to sting for a really long time. 107 wins is great, but we didn't live up to our true potential and that'll be hard to ever forget.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag12thman said:

So who becomes manager of the Astros if that happens?


Robos for all I care

how about anyone that's willing to pitch your best starters in G7 of a World Series, for one
The Beef01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iBrad said:

The Beef01 said:

iBrad said:

The Beef01 said:

Philip J Fry said:

The idea that Cole would come in on 2 days rest from the bullpen when he's never done it before is hilariously laughable.

This loss goes on the offense and no one else.
Well, Hinch brought in Verlander on short rest in the ALDS in '17 which he (Verlander) had never done before...what is the difference between those two seasons?

Yes, some of the fire Hinch posts are the hottest of hot takes tonight...but some of you guys are throwing scorchers out there to defend him.

Remind me how Verlander did.
Pitched 2 2/3 giving up 1 hit and 1 ER and got the win.

He came in and gave up a 2-run bomb to give up the lead. Offense bailed him out late.
Yep, so in other words he did exactly what Harris did tonight, but instead of give up another hit to the next batter, he would've proceeded to finish the 9th of not allowing another hit.

Think this game goes differently if they don't add runs in the 8th and 9th with your ace out there picking up innings?

I absolutely do, but that's just me.
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the last of the bohemians said:

who Likes Hinch least right now - Greinke or Cole


Cole already said he's gone.... and my money is on Greinke being more pissed off.

He just doesn't show it.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag12thman said:

So who becomes manager of the Astros if that happens?
Beltran
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

agproducer said:

I'm disappointed. I'm sad, but strangely, I'm not crushed.

I said when the playoffs started that I was going to enjoy the ride, and I did. Tonight was not the outcome we all wanted. This season, even with the 107 wins and World Series, will be remembered as one of the best Astros teams ever. But, they didn't get the job done.

Sometimes baseball happens. The best team doesn't always win. How many times did the Nationals get key hits with 2 outs?

Astros left too many runners on base and squandered so many opportunities. Hinch over complicated and over managed tonight. The Astros failed in Game 7 as a team. Greinke pitched his ass off. That HR Kendrick hit was off a decent pitch by Harris. Tip your cap.

It's disappointing to come back to MMP needing 1 win for the title and losing 2 games. They also had the lead going into the 7th. I won't lie: this hurts. The Nats performed when it mattered most. The Astros did not.

But, imagine if this would have happened in 2017? I would have been devastated. This year, I'm not.

It's been a great year overall that ended in failure. Only one team can go into the of season winning the final game. This year, it wasn't us. I couldn't put my finger on it, but this team seemed to lack the magic.

I still love this team. They are my team. They are this thread's team. We have a WS title, went to the ALCS, then won the AL pennant over a three year span. I will take that anytime. I think the 17 title makes this more bearable.

I don't know any one of you on here personally, but I've enjoyed your takes all season long. It's going to suck to wake up tomorrow to no baseball. I'm ready for Spring Training already.

Go Astros!





I like everything you said except the first sentence. Not being crushed right now is insane.

This is the best astros team we will ever see, and they just lost a World Series..


I said, "Strangely, I'm not crushed." It is a weird feeling. Maybe, it's shock.
The Ragonk Strikes Back
How long do you want to ignore this user?


I am one of them
Nino Brown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beltran