***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,304 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diggity said:

Wow! That's some inside ****ing Intel you got there Nuke! How do I subscribe to your newsletter?

I'm this case, it actually is. We won't make a competitive offer and that's a fact.
Scientific
AG
User name checks out?
Philip J Fry
AG
The idea that Cole would come in on 2 days rest from the bullpen when he's never done it before is hilariously laughable.

This loss goes on the offense and no one else.
ccaggie05
AG
W said:

easy to see why Cole is upset.

he wanted the ring so winning a championship would not be part of his free agency decision-making. He could just take the most money (a la Trout) and not care if his new team ever won the WS or even made the playoffs.

but now (if he still wants to win a title) he'll will have to be a little more selective. Has to try to find a contender

If that's the case, you gotta assume the Dodgers and Yankees are the front runners.
the last of the bohemians
With Cole gone we have to improve offensively to stay elite. Brantley can be traded for a speedier version who only hits 15 hrs, Tucker gets his shot, and crap I dunno, most catchers can't hit. Guess we stuck with too many cleanup hitters and hoping Yordan becomes Ted Williams
Coach_Fran
n_touch said:

Quote:

Hinch wasn't perfect but I don't put this loss on him. That's absurd.

But I do wonder if this experience will result in a change in approach by Hinch when it comes to playoff rotations.
So he was checked out in Game 1? See how easy that is
No, no I don't.
Diggity
AG
No rational person expected us to. He's going to want 7/8 years.
n_touch
Coach_Fran
the last of the bohemians said:

With Cole gone we have to improve offensively to stay elite. Brantley can be traded for a speedier version who only hits 15 hrs, Tucker gets his shot, and crap I dunno, most catchers can't hit. Guess we stuck with too many cleanup hitters and hoping Yordan becomes Ted Williams
Trade Brantley? wtf
PhatMack19
AG
TXAG14 said:

Cole is over Houston quick.

A little out of context. It seems that he didn't want to be forced to talk to the media after losing the title. Who can blame him?

Coach_Fran
Philip J Fry said:

The idea that Cole would come in on 2 days rest from the bullpen when he's never done it before is hilariously laughable.

n_touch
sorry grabbed the wrong quote.
Ags #1
AG
Grab a beer
Ags #1
AG
Lol keep cuddling with those 1990's cowboy trophies
The Beef01
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Well, Hinch brought in Verlander on short rest in the ALDS in '17 which he (Verlander) had never done before...what is the difference between those two seasons?

Yes, some of the fire Hinch posts are the hottest of hot takes tonight...but some of you guys are throwing scorchers out there to defend him.
the last of the bohemians
we need more speed and scrap, we literally have 5 cleanup hitters which is great at times but we had a lot of droughts this year, feast or famine
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ags #1 said:

Grab a beer

Oh. Ok.
Coach_Fran
the last of the bohemians said:

we need more speed and scrap, we literally have 5 cleanup hitters which is great at times but we had a lot of droughts this year, feast or famine
You don't trade one of your best pure hitters in an attempt to improve your offense.

I don't even know why this needs to be stated.
iBrad
AG
I guess someone needs to start the off-season thread so that we can start talking about next season. Not much else to rehash about this game...even though I know we will for three more pages.
Ag_07
AG
I love it...

Cole on 2 days should've been used

But back in the DS it was why the fck was AJ starting JV on short rest?

If Harris doesn't shlt the bed Cole is in. No way he was coming in in the middle of the inning.

Never change TA
Frok
AG
PhatMack19 said:

TXAG14 said:

A little out of context. It seems that he didn't want to be forced to talk to the media after losing the title. Who can blame him?

Sheesh. I don't care what the situation, bad comments from him. Not very professional.
iBrad
AG
The Beef01 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Well, Hinch brought in Verlander on short rest in the ALDS in '17 which he (Verlander) had never done before...what is the difference between those two seasons?

Yes, some of the fire Hinch posts are the hottest of hot takes tonight...but some of you guys are throwing scorchers out there to defend him.

Remind me how Verlander did.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Philip J Fry
AG
The Beef01 said:

Philip J Fry said:

And Verlander gave up a game tying home run and wasn't exactly effective.
The Beef01
AG
iBrad said:

The Beef01 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Pitched 2 2/3 giving up 1 hit and 1 ER and got the win.
iBrad
AG
Just lost a lot of respect for Cole. If not all I had. What a ****** move.
E
AG
#Hinched
Cromagnum
AG
TXAG14 said:

Premium
AG
bearkatag15 said:

What a loser. Everyone knows the leverage you have and you can't treat this as professionally as possible. I guess Boras coached him into this...

If he goes off to the A's he will fade into irrelevance.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07 said:

I love it...

Cole on 2 days should've been used

But back in the DS it was why the fck was AJ starting JV on short rest?

If Harris doesn't shlt the bed Cole is in. No way he was coming in in the middle of the inning.

Never change TA

Yes because it's the exact same thing to START A pitcher on 3 days rest and put in a guy on 2 days rest in an elimination game.

Horrible take bro.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I feel sorry for anyone that thinks we were resigning Cole... was never even a possibility
InnerCityAg
Good luck to Cole. I hope he cripples a team for years in the NL.
iBrad
AG
The Beef01 said:

iBrad said:

The Beef01 said:

Philip J Fry said:

Pitched 2 2/3 giving up 1 hit and 1 ER and got the win.

He came in and gave up a 2-run bomb to give up the lead. Offense bailed him out late.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks we were resigning Cole... was never even a possibility

Again, it's literally not a thing that ownership is attempting. I actually know people in the know on this one.
Topher17
AG
Let's be real, Hinch had two choices. 1) Let Greinke ride or 2) Bring in Harris. Bringing in Harris isn't a terrible decision as some of you are making it out to be. He's been so so good all playoffs. You don't bring in Cole mid inning and it was too early for Osuna, therefore you go Harris. The pitch that went yard was a good pitch in a good spot, he just got beat. Hindsight is 20/20.
We lost the game by giving up 3 more after that and our offense going dormant at home. We should have had 4 or 5 on Scherzer and been in the drivers seat, but the O lost the game and ultimately the series. Losing all 4 at home is truly unbelievable.
First Page Last Page
Page 2117 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.