***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,448 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Scientific
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This rain is fitting.

This is on Hinch.
TexasRebel
AG
FriscoKid said:

This series is in the history books for sure. How in the hell did the road team win every single game?

Poor offense.
Coach_Fran
TXAG14 said:

Jim Crane already said he isn't going to go over the luxury tax. To resign Cole we would have to do that. Pretty simple.
Aggies need to pull a Kyle Field rebuild type of effort and donate $400mm to keep Cole
SW-14
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Premium said:

Back to the politics board. Hopefully we aren't sitting here in just over 12 months and talking about President Clinton.
This.

And no more wasting five hours five nights a week watching sports. Least not till next year

Haha...now I can finish painting the kitchen cabinets.
jopatura
AG

I can't. Hinch ****ed us tonight.
AggieMD95
AG
W said:

and the Aledmys Diaz trade. Grade that a big "F"

he did not get a hit in 18 postseason games. Played in less than half of them. That trade bombed

Yeah. He came nowhere close to replacing marwin
ttha_aggie_09
AG
W said:

he did not get a hit in 18 postseason games. Played in less than half of them. That trade bombed

He only played like 100 games for injured stros and did okay. Curious to know where CC would be if he hadn't of got caught cheating on Daniela and got his ass kicked.
Ag12thman
AG
W said:

Yep. Need to let him go. He was atrocious. And Hinch went to him too much.
Tobias Funke
AG
AggiEE said:

The management this game was completely awful, I honestly hope Hinch is gone next season

Coming from a rangers fan, this is pure unbridled idiocy. And everyone who starred it is an idiot too.
n_touch
maca1028 said:

Cromagnum said:

If I heard right dont we have spring training with these guys?

Yes. Our guys will get to see "World Series Champions" under the their logo every day in the spring when they drive through the gate.

Good. They had chances in games 1, 6, & 7 to change that
AggiEE
How many Hinch ****ups tonight?

1. Pulling Greinke
2. Putting in Harris after he was shaky last night
3. Keeping Osuna in for like 40 pitches.
4. Letting Joe Smith get the bases loaded
5. Putting in Urquidy...a guy who has known to take time to settle in...a rookie...in game 7 of the WS... in a high leverage situation. This is bush league ****
6. Gerrit ****ing Cole?
7. Not Pinch Hitting for our terrible 7-8 hitters during opportune moments.

Blame the bats all you want, but when you witness that train ****ing wreck play out by Hinch, that lack of confidence is contagious and it destroyed our offensive spirit. Hinch even admits that he didn't play Cole unless we had the lead. He was playing to lose.

I hope the Hinch trade rumors are true. Hinch managed Game 7 like it was a meaningless Spring Training matchup.

A devastating and inexcusable loss.

TRM
AG
SW-14 said:

texaggierm said:

SW-14 said:

We left way too many guys on base this game. This one is not on Hinch.
He's responsible for the hitting philosophy, is he not?

The manager can only do so much when it comes to execution. We had several innings that ended with 1 or 2 guys on base that could have broken the game open, but it just didn't happen. Not sure what more Hinch could have done.
But they appeared to keep doing the same thing over and over again. They didn't try to steal or send the runners in motion. Against good pitching, they needed to manufacture some runs instead of playing station to station.
Coach_Fran
jopatura said:

No he didn't. Everyone just wants someone to blame.

How many World Series games are you going to win scoring two runs?

anyone????
lil99chris
AG
The only reason to pull Greinke is if he told Hinch prior to heading out to the mound that he was running on fumes. He made one mistake on a hot hitter and he is pulled?!?!

There were too many missed opportunities with men on base. It was the story of the Astros at MMP in the World Series.
gambochaman
AG
Either way i am glad this is over
Ag12thman
AG
jopatura said:

But WHY did he quit in Greinke so early ?????
RO519
AG
Well ****. We will lose Cole in the off season and keep Correa and reddick for god knows what reason and lose in the ALCS next year.
Olsen
AG
The real MVP

Buck Compton
AG
I really wish I could be a fly on the wall for Hinch's end of year performance review with Luhnow. As a senior member of the organization, he completely **** the bed.

It started with the unbelievable decision to try to bunt Chirinos early. Followed with his unforgivable quick hook on Greinke. Then the hook was to go to Harris, who already got lit the **** up last night. Then Osuna for almost half the pitch count Greinke had when he was pulled. No Cole. Crazy long leash on Smith. Urquidy way too late. Never pinch hit for Chirinos after truly awful ABs. Didn't pinch hit for Marisnick on his second AB, either.

Literally every decision went poorly.
maca1028
I'll be in a much calmer mood once the hurt from this wears off but damn...I'm gonna miss baseball season. I'm not a huge basketball fan and the Texans and Aggies haven't given me much to be excited about.
AgsMyDude
AG
TexAg91
AG
mazag08 said:

Altuve cements an absolutely abysmal World Series. Head was never even in the game and checked out after the HR agains the Yankees

Yet let the team in hitting. How sad is that?
Nino Brown
This is the Denial stage. Having said that many of Hinch's decisions tonight were mind blowing but I like the guy so I'm at acceptance.
Beat40
well boys, that was a disappointing end to a pretty great season.

I feel so sick for Grienke. I wish he would have gotten the chance to get out of that.

It was fun following the games with y'all this season!

Gotta take a breather. Looking forward to seeing what we do this offseason and then follow along with y'all next season!
HTownAg98
maca1028 said:

I'll be in a much calmer mood once the hurt from this wears off but damn...I'm gonna miss baseball season. I'm not a huge basketball fan and the Texans and Aggies haven't given me much to be excited about.

Deer season starts Friday.
bullard21k
AG
Couldn't care less if we left 40 runners on base tonight.

Still doesn't change the fact that grienke was dealing had barely been touched...got squeezed on the walk to Soto...had full command of his change up and was filthy from start to finish. That quick hook is just trash and indefensible

The offense and BP usage are two things completely independent of each other and have no bearing on each other.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
HTownAg98 said:

maca1028 said:

Deer season starts Saturday.
deer and duck, but I will be hunting deer
pdg88
AG
Not only did the road team go 7-0, but the road team out scored the home team 49-14. The average margin of victory was 5 runs. Game 1 was the only game that was really close.
pasquale
AG
A black guy named Howie, a Mexican named Dave and a white guy named Trea beat us. That kind of a season
CFTXAG10
AG
I **** you not, me and my brother get in the truck after the game to go home and "Cry me a river" by JT is playing. Not so subtle jab
Bregxit
AG
Man some of you just need to take this thread off your watch list and step away for a few days/weeks. There's some unhealthy anger and delusion up in here.
Buck Compton
AG
And I spent my hard-earned money on the game 2 debacle. That's the real dagger for me.
jopatura
AG
Ag12thman said:

jopatura said:

But WHY did he quit in Greinke so early ?????

Honestly looking back Grienke should have never started that inning without a solid plan in place to pull him. If that plan was going to be Greinke to Osuna to Cole I could have accepted that. But heart of the lineup with Harris again after last night? Everyone knew better except Hinch.

Then once it happened Hinch just went ****ing nuts with his pitching. I can accept the Harris home run on the fringes, but Osuna for two. OSUNA FOR TWO? Come the **** on. That's been a mistake all year.
the last of the bohemians
hinch is an average coach and the only thing I fault him for is not knowing Greinke enough to realize he wasn't going to give into Soto and was already thinking about Kendrick as soon as Soto walked. Some pitchers don't get on tilt with guys on base, Greinke should have faced Kendrick. Now with a 1 run lead our crappy pen was going to lose anyway to their clutch hitters
Premium
AG
Mother F'ing Fox News alerts on my iPhone have loudly alerted me, F'ing TWICE, that the Nationals have beat the Astros!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 2113 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.