***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,751,895 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by PSully97
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The worst part is that we'll be on the ****ty side of a statistical footnote: Only team to lose all 4 home games in the WS.
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Back to the politics board. Hopefully we aren't sitting here in just over 12 months and talking about President Clinton.
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spaceball 1 said:

I hate Hinch now. Hope he's gone tomorrow

I'd be careful what you wish for if I were you.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will say this...Grienke is a fckin stud with cajones the size of beach balls. Feel awful for him the way this shaked out.

This is promising for the remainder of that contract and great momentum for him for next season. If he would've laid am egg we'd all have been very concerned.

With this outing we saw he's still got it.
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I heard right dont we have spring training with these guys?
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Can't believe we gave up 4 prospects to get Greinke only to pull him after 1 bad pitch in G7 of the WS while he was dealing a gem.

I feel bad for him.


This.
MarylandAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sucks! At least we aren't minus about $11 million...Mattress Mack
SW-14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texaggierm said:

SW-14 said:

We left way too many guys on base this game. This one is not on Hinch.
He's responsible for the hitting philosophy, is he not?


The manager can only do so much when it comes to execution. We had several innings that ended with 1 or 2 guys on base that could have broken the game open, but it just didn't happen. Not sure what more Hinch could have done.
lil99chris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

If I heard right dont we have spring training with these guys?


Correct....1st game is on George Washington's Birthday.
Unnamed Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AJ is a dumbass and we couldn't hit with men in scoring position.

That and Joe Buck is a **** sucker.
#Respect My Decision
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

I will say this...Grienke is a fckin stud with cajones the size of beach balls. Feel awful for him the way this shaked out.

This is promising for the remainder of that contract and great momentum for him for next season. If he would've laid am egg we'd all have been very concerned.

With this outing we saw he's still got it.

Grienke was absolutely worth the trade.
Coach_Fran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11 said:

The worst part is that we'll be on the ****ty side of a statistical footnote: Only team to lose all 4 home games in the WS.
I think the worst part is the WS loss.

But I'm old fashioned like that.
PoppaB05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hinch had been very good, but he pulled a Dave Roberts. Greinke was dealing all night. Let him have the crappy part of the lineup. Just overmanaged tonight.
BCSGrubber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

The worst part is that we'll be on the ****ty side of a statistical footnote: Only team to lose all 4 home games in the WS.


At least we don't have to rely on the Oilers for bad postseason stats anymore?
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

TexasRebel said:

Swing at ball 4.


Either that or be that guy who watched strike 3 in game 7 of a World Series. Bad take!


If it was close to over the plate I'd agree with you. That pitch was in Alabama.
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spaceball 1 said:

I hate Hinch now. Hope he's gone tomorrow
as emotional as I am, you need to chill the **** out
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

Re-sign Cole, lets get back there next year
Everyone says it is NOT happening. I hope they are wrong, too. Greinke stays another year, right? He had some very good games for us.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and you know looking back...Reddick's hot April was the opposite of a blessing in disguise.

it gave the front office the false confidence that he could be the right fielder all year and Tucker could stay in the minors until September. And in hindsight...Tucker should have been handed the everyday job at the all-star break, so he could be ready to contribute in the playoffs
Sid Farkas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

Back to the politics board. Hopefully we aren't sitting here in just over 12 months and talking about President Clinton.
This.

And no more wasting five hours five nights a week watching sports. Least not till next year
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Ag_07 said:

I will say this...Grienke is a fckin stud with cajones the size of beach balls. Feel awful for him the way this shaked out.

This is promising for the remainder of that contract and great momentum for him for next season. If he would've laid am egg we'd all have been very concerned.

With this outing we saw he's still got it.

Grienke was absolutely worth the trade.


And we still pulled him with 1 runner on, pitch count in 70's, and bottom of the lineup coming.

Massive fail.
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cromagnum said:

If I heard right dont we have spring training with these guys?

Yes. Our guys will get to see "World Series Champions" under the their logo every day in the spring when they drive through the gate.
j_davis01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PoppaB05 said:

Hinch had been very good, but he pulled a Dave Roberts. Greinke was dealing all night. Let him have the crappy part of the lineup. Just overmanaged tonight.


Grinke has dominated Kendrick and after him the Nats did nothing! For sure would have gotten to the eighth
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This series is in the history books for sure. How in the hell did the road team win every single game?
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greinke is signed through 2021.
RealTalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For some reason, this season felt quite stressful even though the Astros had 107 wins and made it to the World Series.

Not sure why I felt that way.
TXAG14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jim Crane already said he isn't going to go over the luxury tax. To resign Cole we would have to do that. Pretty simple.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who are these people?
Coach_Fran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Spaceball 1 said:

I hate Hinch now. Hope he's gone tomorrow
Easy to spot the emotionally weak men in this thread.
ccaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel awful for Greinke. He still had plenty of gas in the tank.
Hi, Im Brett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't help but wonder how the at bat/ game plays out if Greinke gets that strike call against Soto
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MarylandAG said:

Sucks! At least we aren't minus about $11 million...Mattress Mack


I suppose those mattresses with their gigantic markup don't count for anything?
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and the Aledmys Diaz trade. Grade that a big "F"

he did not get a hit in 18 postseason games. Played in less than half of them. That trade bombed
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am not agreeing with pulling him, just acknowledging the fact that he stepped up to the occasion and lore
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can Greinke become player coach? Pretty sure he wasn't going to give Soto a pitch to hit and was mentally ready for Kendrick.
FAT SEXY
How long do you want to ignore this user?