***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,438 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

I think we want to get 3-4 innings out of Greinke, use some combo of Smith, Harris and Osuna to get us through the 6th, then Cole gets the last 3 innings.
I doubt we see Cole for 3 innings. I'm not sure he'll be effective on only 3 days rest.

Cole would only be on 2 days rest
Ag12thman
AG
Marvin said:

Altuve's three-pitch strikeout was a back breaker. Your team leader cannot have a high leverage at bat like that. It was as reckless as it was boneheaded. Hopefully he collects himself tonight before walking to the plate in a similar situation.

In general, there were far too many of these last night - or 4 pitch strikeouts, 1-pitch easy outs, and/or 2-pitch easy outs (pop or fly outs). Plate approach needs to be a lot better tonight, IMO.
Cromagnum
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

I think we want to get 3-4 innings out of Greinke, use some combo of Smith, Harris and Osuna to get us through the 6th, then Cole gets the last 3 innings.
I doubt we see Cole for 3 innings. I'm not sure he'll be effective on only 3 days rest.

Urquidy needs to he in before Cole
aTm2004
AG
Cromagnum said:

I will be pretty pissed (and unsurprised) if this was a rope a dope and Max can throw out 100 pitches. Not saying they faked his injury to play tricks in gamea 5-6 but this is a pretty fast recovery to become a savior in game 7.
I just don't see this being a calculated move. Sitting your best pitcher at home after having the other team take 2 games in your place to tie the series with a chance for them to go home with a 3-2 lead and momentum? I don't think that happens.
Shenaniganz
Absolutely nothing else matters if our bats cannot generate hits and pressure. They stopped swinging for the fences and were just trying to get on base in games 3-5 and it worked. Altuve needs to take better ABs and everyone needs to make mad max WORK and pitch to them. If they can get his pitch count up like in Game 1 he gets pulled early, hopefully.

Having said that I still think the Nats take tonight, they just seem to have our number in MMP. Hope to god I am wrong.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Rendon homer magically goes further than any other ball hit at same exit velo and launch angle.
That is fishy as ****. We've seen the ball travel a much shorter distance with similar exit velos and launch angles all postseason so this stands out bigly.
Cromagnum
AG
aTm2004 said:

Cromagnum said:

I will be pretty pissed (and unsurprised) if this was a rope a dope and Max can throw out 100 pitches. Not saying they faked his injury to play tricks in gamea 5-6 but this is a pretty fast recovery to become a savior in game 7.
I just don't see this being a calculated move. Sitting your best pitcher at home after having the other team take 2 games in your place to tie the series with a chance for them to go home with a 3-2 lead and momentum? I don't think that happens.

Yeah, I get that. What I meant was that Scherzer was legitimately hurt, but they played it up to be worse than it really was once the steroid shots looked to be doing the trick. He likely wasn't ready to go for game 6 in any case.
Farmer1906
AG
Cromagnum said:

aTm2004 said:

Cromagnum said:

Yeah, I get that. What I meant was that Scherzer was legitimately hurt, but they played it up to be worse than it really was once the steroid shots looked to be doing the trick. He likely wasn't ready to go for game 6 in any case.
He was warming in the pen. That isn't for show. They were going to use him if Strasburg got in trouble.
Betoisafurry
Just got a single in 430 for face value off of the astros website, first WS game for me.
Deluxe
AG
David_Puddy said:

Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Cole would only be on 2 days rest
Right, but Kershaw started G5 of the 2017 World Series and then pitched 4 effective innings in G7. These guys have more in the tank than you think. They don't tap into it over the course of a long season so they can maintain their longevity but will absolutely tap into it in G7 of the World Series. I think three innings from Cole is a pretty safe assumption and he could potentially give us more.

EDIT: Also, Bumgarner pitched G5 of the 2014 World Series and then pitched 4+ effective innings in G7.
Deluxe
AG
Regardless of who is pitching tonight, our strategy has to be very simple... DO NOT LET SOTO AND RENDON BEAT US. Those guys shouldn't see one pitch to hit all night. Nibble the s*** out of them and force Howie Kendrick and Asrubal Cabrera to beat us. If they do, tip the cap.
Marvin
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

Just got a single in 430 for face value off of the astros website, first WS game for me.

Hope you are a better good luck charm than I was... or wasn't. You get the idea...
k20dub
AG

Interesting poll results here.
gigemJTH12
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

so in 2017 Verlander lost game 6 and then we won game 7 with a heavy dose of...Charlie.

I think you just won us a ring!
David_Puddy
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

Good sh-t....hopefully more of this tonight than the bandwagon corporate fan so we can get the energy up in there.
Betoisafurry
Marvin said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Hope you are a better good luck charm than I was... or wasn't. You get the idea...
I'll try my best. Last play off game was game 2 of '17 ALCS, that worked out pretty well.
aTm2004
AG
Either way, something is going on with him and it could mean the difference in locating pitches vs. not. Remember during the ALDS when Verlander went out there and was just a little off. That's what I'm hoping for tonight. He say's he's ready but he and his manager won't know for sure until he's on the mound facing 1-3.
Cromagnum
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

so in 2017 Verlander lost game 6 and then we won game 7 with a heavy dose of...Charlie.

Who is gonna be our Charlie?
gigemJTH12
AG
look at the username of the person I replied to. Mr. Kelley.
Farmer1906
AG
Cromagnum said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

ClickClack
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AccidentProne said:

Tonight I am an Astros fan.

Good luck!

Mr.Ackar07
Charlie Kelley said:

Me too! Row 13
wangus12
AG
Cromagnum said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Harris gonna come in and pitch 4 innings
Deluxe
AG
Cromagnum said:

Cole
wangus12
AG
k20dub said:

Interesting poll results here.
Its kind of annoying that the Astros have become the big bad guy. Its not like we money whipped a bunch of stars to become an awesome team like they do in basketball or like the Yankees. Pretty much everyone has come through the system + a couple of key trades for some starting arms.
Jackal99
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

I'm on the site now, and it's showing about 10 scattered singles. But when I go to add one to my cart, it says "invalid information" and "seats matching your request are not available." It does that for every single listing. Frustrating.
gigemJTH12
AG
today is my 30th birthday.

I am a huge fan as most of you are. I love sports and cheer for all the houston teams but nothing anywhere close to the Astros.

Aggie Football and Astros are the only teams I will cry over for a championship(already did once).

The day I turned 18(when we were a 3rd place NL central team) I went and got an Astros star tattoo. My dad told me I'd regret it when we changed logos and we did soon after but now its just kind of retro..lol. Didnt get A&M bc I wasnt accepted yet.

Love this team more than anything. Hoping they make my 30th special tonight!
Mr.Ackar07
Jackal99 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

I'm on the site now, and it's showing about 10 scattered singles. But when I go to add one to my cart, it says "invalid information" and "seats matching your request are not available." It does that for every single listing. Frustrating.
Just keep clicking the Best Seat Available option and make sure to reduce your quantity down from 2 to 1. It took about 100 random times clicking the add seat option before it dropped into my cart.
Jackal99
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Jackal99 said:

Charlie Kelley said:

Just keep clicking the Best Seat Available option and make sure to reduce your quantity down from 2 to 1. It took about 100 random times clicking the add seat option before it dropped into my cart.
Thanks. I've got the quantity set to 1 and Best Seat Available. I'll keep clicking on listings and see if that works.
Ags #1
AG
Can harris even go 4 innings?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Work is giving away two tix for tonight in a drawing
I neeeeedds this
BMX Bandit
Ags #1 said:

Can harris even go 4 innings?
only if he gets the first 8 outs on 8 pitches.
tjack16
AG
Just snagged a single as well! 431 for face value
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Ag12thman
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

today is my 30th birthday.

I am a huge fan as most of you are. I love sports and cheer for all the houston teams but nothing anywhere close to the Astros.

Aggie Football and Astros are the only teams I will cry over for a championship(already did once).

The day I turned 18(when we were a 3rd place NL central team) I went and got an Astros star tattoo. My dad told me I'd regret it when we changed logos and we did soon after but now its just kind of retro..lol. Didnt get A&M bc I wasnt accepted yet.

Love this team more than anything. Hoping they make my 30th special tonight!
This is me minus the tattoo. Houston sports and Aggies are my primary loves, but especially Aggie Football and Astros. Wishing you a great birthday and maybe the Astros can give you a huge gift tonight to finish it off.
First Page Last Page
Page 2043 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.