***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,019 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

Social media all in on games rigged for Astros. People are so dumb in today's world.

How many of those idiots watched us play the Yankees?
Nino Brown
Heard this morning that JV was tipping his pitches. Soto hit a 96 mile fastball in on him over 400 feet. Obviously stealing signs.

Say what you want about JV struggling or bats going cold at right time but Stros don't make ***** ass excuses. Game 7....shut these cry babies up Grienke.
Cromagnum
AG
So game 7 was forced. MLB gets paid, good guys win tonight, everyone's happy. Well, maybe not the Nats, but **** em.
AustinAg2K
Nino Brown said:

Heard this morning that JV was tipping his pitches. Soto hit a 96 mile fastball in on him over 400 feet. Obviously stealing signs.

Say what you want about JV struggling or bats going cold at right time but Stros don't make ***** ass excuses. Game 7....shut these cry babies up Grienke.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if JV was typing pitches. When he got to two strikes, they seemed to know if it was going to be a breaking ball out of the zone or a fastball. Most of them just fouled the fastball off and laid off the breaking ball.
wangus12
AG
Not gonna lie, I don't feel good about tonight. My BAS is at max flare as all my sports teams have been terrible outside of the Astros and it is simply catching up to them
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Social media is so dumb
FIFY
gigemJTH12
AG
well he couldnt throw his slider effectively and it ruined the night for him.

Allows them to foul off fastballs with two strikes.

and if he's throwing ineffective sliders out of the zone, they arent going to chase.
Aston 91
AG
Aston 91 said:

07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Most Likely: Cole
Darkhorse: Yuli
Most likely: altuve stays hot
dark horse: greinke, who picks up W's in games 3 and 7
Let's hope the last prediction comes true and makes 07ag look like Nostradamus.
So 07ag, any predictions on the game tonight? I'll take either of your MVP predictions, but calling Greinke as the darkhorse MVP with W's in games 3 and 7 before the Series started would be pretty sweet if it comes true.
Ag_07
AG
Jesus have we now gotten to the point when if either team is hitting the ball it's because the pitcher was tipping.

I'm so sick of hearing this constantly.

Just seems like that's become the new excuse.
eATMup-Reveille
Ags #1 said:

They have pretty much not bunted against the shift all year long, you think they will start that up now?

It would be nice to see them do it and also see if it could get something in Sherzer's neck to have issues. Dual purpose.
Cromagnum
AG
Ag_07 said:

Jesus have we now gotten to the point when if either team is hitting the ball it's because the pitcher was tipping.

I'm so sick of hearing this constantly.

Just seems like that's become the new excuse.

I like how Strasburg claimed this BS when Springer creamed his very first pitch, Altuve nearly did, Bregman and Gurriel nearly did too.

I guess we entered cheat codes before the game started.
Harry Dunne
JV has sucked in the WS his entire career. He has been very good in the other postseason rounds, so it's not likely he starts tipping pitches only after the ALCS.
Wabs
AG
Correa really needs to change his approach. The book is certainly out on him. He is not being aggressive early in the count. And he will swing at that mother ****ing slider in the dirt EVERY TIME.
Cromagnum
AG
If you removed the dates, it sounds exactly like the sentiments on here.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/more-sports/verlander-is-a-terrible-postseason-pitcher/36743856/
jopatura
AG
Wabs said:

CoachRTM said:

crowman2010 said:

I said it when the news came out...they knew this thing was going 7 and wanted him for that game. Call me crazy, but if vintage Scherzer is on the mound tonight, you can take it to the bank that the injury was fabricated

I know you're probably just following a conspiracy rabbit hole, but there's is absolutely zero chance they don't pitch Scherzer if he was ready. On top of that, you think their super secret plan was to have Joe Ross start at World Series game?
Scherzer may have not have been 100% ready for G5. He could have had minor soreness or "didn't feel right", or whatever. So, they decided instead of pitching a less than 100% Scherzer against Cole, they went with another pitcher at home, knowing they had Stras and potentially a 100% (by then) Scherzer for game 7 - NOT against Cole.

My point is that if the reports are true that Scherzer couldn't even lift his arm a few days ago, how in the world can he come out tonight and pitch 90+ pretty high leverage pitches?

It smells super funny that all this came out after Urquidy's start where he was hailed as the golden child. They thought they could capture the same magic with Ross.

Now I do agree that Scherzer probably felt 70% vs 100% and at the end of the day maybe pulling him for that game is the right move. But delivering the lineups late (and letting the Astros believe it was because of Suzuki), letting the Astros find out from social media, releasing the two statements that Scherzer was practically despondent & couldn't get dressed by himself, and then closing all workouts once they got back to Houston... that's all mind game stuff. Maybe they were taking advantage of a bad situation for them, but the whole thing just stinks. They could have handled themselves a lot better.
bearkatag15
AG
Game 7 Home Plate Ump

Quote:

Game 7 Jim Wolf

Wolf, brother of former Phillies pitcher Randy Wolf, gets the honor of the ultimate game if it's necessary. He's in the Eddings mold when it comes to calling strikes, annually ranking among the umpires at the top of our Extra Strikes Per 150 Called Pitches list. There were more strikeouts per nine innings in games umpired by Wolf than by any other umpire this season. If this is a Zack Greinke-Patrick Corbin matchup, it would make sense that he's more likely to affect the Astros' Greinke, as Corbin is more reliant on missed swings than Greinke is.

Most important tendencies: Wolf's tendencies are not blatantly different than those of other umpires. He calls strikes a little more often than his peers in a lot of different places. He's also the most likely home plate umpire to call a checked swing a strike, doing so on 29 percent of checked swings the past three seasons.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
ArbAg
AG
Please Astros don't get swept four WS games at home, play like warriors tonight and win the damn thing.
Harry Stone
AG
Bregxit said:

PhatMack19 said:

ORAggieFan said:

Satellite of Love said:

OH FFS Frank, if it's the World Series or not you apply the rules as written. You don't let things go because you believe "the world is watching."

A-Rod is a chode arguing the call was wrong. We get it dude we know who you want to win. Just put on your W hat and jersey and stop trying to hide it.

Pretty much everyone but Astros fans and people that know the rules think the call was atrocious.

FIFY

Yep. It wasn't even a hard call. Had Turner been running even ON the line he is probably fine. He stayed several inches on the fair side the entire 90 feet. He knew exactly what he was doing assuming he wouldn't get called on it. Holbrook watched it the entire way down and called it perfectly.

Argue it is a ****ty rule or that the bag should be moved to the middle of the lane all day but as the rule is right now, it was a perfect call. Now Holbrook's strike zone....geesh...
Good Lord, this has been the rule for no telling how long and now the whole world wants to complain about it because it hurt the Nats? If that had been as Astro, nobody would give a ****, and that's a fact. Gotta protect your precious Nats. We better win this ****ing thing.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

now the whole world wants to complain about it because it hurt the Nats

Except it didn't

They got a 2 run HR instead of 3 and they won by 5
suburban cowboy
AG
Granato is saying a source inside the Astros' dugout is saying JV thought he was tipping his pitches because the Nats were whistling. So every time he heard them whistle he threw a ball. Sounds really effing dumb to me.

Let's all get over being little beeches last night and go win the MF World Series today.
Satellite of Love
It's Wednesday morning and Martinez is still a little whiney b***h who manned up once his had a cushy lead between innings....
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
SW-14
AG
What we need is a side by side video of Turner running to first on his swinging bunt in the first and his play in the seventh.
gambochaman
AG
i cant even today...stress...anxiety...pucker factor 100%.,..gdit why couldnt we just win this last night...gaghhhhhhhh
jetch17
AG
FJB
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Granato is saying a source inside the Astros' dugout is saying JV thought he was tipping his pitches because the Nats were whistling. So every time he heard them whistle he threw a ball. Sounds really effing dumb to me.

Let's all get over being little beeches last night and go win the MF World Series today.
Sounds like JV went mental. Probably pressed super hard because of his previous 0fer record in WS starts.
Who is John Galt?

Wabs
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Verlander's problem is his arrogance or his over confidence. He tee'd up a 3-1 pitch to Soto trying to "challenge him". That was a stupid pitch to that kind of hitter. Walk him and move to the next guy, but you CAN'T give in to Soto on a 3-1 count. JV did, and he (and the Astros) paid for it.
Farmer1906
AG
Wabs said:

suburban cowboy said:

Verlander's problem is his arrogance or his over confidence. He tee'd up a 3-1 pitch to Soto trying to "challenge him". That was a stupid pitch to that kind of hitter. Walk him and move to the next guy, but you CAN'T give in to Soto on a 3-1 count. JV did, and he (and the Astros) paid for it.
It wasn't a bad pitch at all. He busted him up and in and Soto did damage.

astros4545
AG
I look forward to next week when all the fake fans will be gone from this board until next October
Harry Dunne
Wabs said:

suburban cowboy said:

I don't think it was a terrible pitch to Soto but I agree with the sentiment here.

He's on record as having told AJ that "when I am out there we don't pitch around guys". That works most of the time vs most guys but he could stand to occasionally put the ego aside and go with the Astros outstanding scouting reports on guys instead of just trying to flex nuts all the time.

Of course without the ridiculous confidence in himself he wouldn't be where he was today and we wouldn't be in the World Series, so it's just part of the package..
Ag_07
AG
Wasn't a terrible pitch but Soto has shown he can hit the high FB if it's not elevated enough.

JV got beat.
gigemJTH12
AG
I wasnt on the thread last night so sorry if this is beating a dead horse.

but Martinez is a classless dumbass(obvious)

the getting mad and throwing a fit at the ump? Cool. Thats baseball. and if you believe the call was that wrong..let him have it.

but the whole manhandling his assitant multiple times on national TV was embarrassing and absolute trash. looked like a jackass in a bar fight. What a loser.
tjack16
AG
At home in this world series

Astros in the first inning offensively: 6 runs scored
Astros after the first inning offensively: 3 runs scored (2 in game 1)

I think that's a bigger storyline than people are talking about
Frok
AG
In 2017 I had church band practice for the first 3 innings. I had to put the MLB tracker on the music stand. I'll never forget the Springer home run while playing a song.

I have band practice again tonight. Same deal.

Come on good mojo

Cromagnum
AG
Motivation for tonight.

Prosperdick
AG
If I told this board 5 days ago that we would be playing a game 7 for the championship against Scherzer (playing hurt) not only would nobody believe me but they would be fired up.

Also back to Max, if he's 100% game 5 who knows if we win that game because we likely don't go up 4-1 and if we lost that game the Nats are celebrating on our field last night.

We have a former Cy Young on the hill with a young pitcher (Urquidy) waiting to pick up the slack, who the Nats couldn't touch last time out, going against a great pitcher, but who couldn't lift his arm less than 3 days ago. We also have Cole for an inning if we need him and we know we won't face Strasburg, their best pitcher, tonight.

We continue to hit the ball hard but right at 'em and if we can get into their bullpen early we should be able to feast.

TAKE IT BACK MOTHERF*CKERS!!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 2041 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.