***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,275 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
digging tunnels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody think Verlander isn't 100%? Why are his fastballs consistently high and off target?

Or his nerves get the best of him or the Upton poon gets him
TexasRebel
AG
The World Series is a piece of cake compared to getting Kate Upton.
Bregxit
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Just got home..... That ****ing sucked ass from the 2nd inning on it never felt like that lead was safe.

Verlander has surpassed Kershaw In my opinion on the elite pitcher mantle who is a bum during the world series..... It's honestly incredible

JV is a 36 year old who has thrown entirely too many pitches this year. He had multiple quality WS starts where the offense choked. Kershaw is a relatively young 31 year old who cannot get it done.
PhatMack19
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Satellite of Love said:

OH FFS Frank, if it's the World Series or not you apply the rules as written. You don't let things go because you believe "the world is watching."

A-Rod is a chode arguing the call was wrong. We get it dude we know who you want to win. Just put on your W hat and jersey and stop trying to hide it.

Pretty much everyone but Astros fans and people that know the rules think the call was atrocious.

FIFY

Faustus
Hi, Im Brett said:

I can appreciate a good bat flip. Carrying your bat to first is just lame and awkward.

Gossip is that he slept with the bat, so if it's awkward getting to first base it was probably because it was the coach's first time. You could tell he didn't know what to do when Bregman got to first base.
TexasRebel
AG
PhatMack19 said:

ORAggieFan said:

Satellite of Love said:

OH FFS Frank, if it's the World Series or not you apply the rules as written. You don't let things go because you believe "the world is watching."

A-Rod is a chode arguing the call was wrong. We get it dude we know who you want to win. Just put on your W hat and jersey and stop trying to hide it.

Pretty much everyone but Astros fans and people that know the rules think the call was atrocious.

FIFY

Does he want baseball to add the orange bag?

Idiot.
Bregxit
AG
PhatMack19 said:

ORAggieFan said:

Satellite of Love said:

FIFY

Yep. It wasn't even a hard call. Had Turner been running even ON the line he is probably fine. He stayed several inches on the fair side the entire 90 feet. He knew exactly what he was doing assuming he wouldn't get called on it. Holbrook watched it the entire way down and called it perfectly.

Argue it is a ****ty rule or that the bag should be moved to the middle of the lane all day but as the rule is right now, it was a perfect call. Now Holbrook's strike zone....geesh...
ccaggie05
AG
If Scherzer is on his game and able to throw 100 pitches without issue, I'm pretty concerned. The fact is we haven't been able to hit their aces, and they've hit ours 3 outta 4 times.

Hopefully Scherzer is only able to throw 50-60 and we are able to get some runs against Sanchez/Corbin.

Gil Renard
AG
TexasRebel said:

No doubt. He is fugly and got her. How in the heck
Wabs
AG
We'll find out tonight I guess if Scherzer's injury was real or fake. Reports were that he couldn't lift his arm a couple of days ago. If he goes out there and throws 90+ solid pitches, IMO the injury was BS.
JABQ04
AG
Gil Renard said:

TexasRebel said:

No doubt. He is fugly and got her. How in the heck

$$$$$$$$
Engine10
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Grienke starts the first W and last W of the series and gets the MVP.

Gameday - one last time for 2019! Everyone do your part.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Wabs said:

We'll find out tonight I guess if Scherzer's injury was real or fake. Reports were that he couldn't lift his arm a couple of days ago. If he goes out there and throws 90+ solid pitches, IMO the injury was BS.

Fairly certain the nats plan wasn't for Scherzer to fake an injury game 5 and plan on winning 2 elimination games on the road

The injury is real and the cortisone shot def could help, but in my opinion he will be noticeably weaker and his mechanics will probably be pretty ****ty. Not concerned, I think he leaves stuff elevated and we mash early before hanging on late
5-4 final
vwbug
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Wabs said:

Fairly certain the nats plan wasn't for Scherzer to fake an injury game 5 and plan on winning 2 elimination games on the road

The injury is real and the cortisone shot def could help, but in my opinion he will be noticeably weaker and his mechanics will probably be pretty ****ty. Not concerned, I think he leaves stuff elevated and we mash early before hanging on late
5-4 final

I agree. Big advantage for Houston.
aftershock
Wabs said:

If he's not hurt, why fabricate the story? Why not just scratch him from the game?
crowman2010
AG
aftershock said:

Wabs said:

If he's not hurt, why fabricate the story? Why not just scratch him from the game?

You really have no idea how mind games work, do you?
vwbug
Astros need to change it up and either go blue tops or orange tops. Blue tops would force Nationals to wear something else.
Wabs
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Wabs said:

5-4 final

Yes, I agree. That would be dumb. I'm not saying there is absolutely no injury and they were faking the entire thing. But the stories of the severity of the injury could have been exaggerated if he comes out tonight and throws 90+ effective pitches. There's a possibility he may of had minor soreness (or whatever) and they decided against throwing him against Cole in game 5. He's a pitcher that uses every ounce of strength just about on every pitch. If he couldn't lift his arm a few days ago, I highly doubt he could come out and be vintage Scherzer tonight. We'll see....
Cromagnum
AG
vwbug said:

Astros need to change it up and either go blue tops or orange tops. Blue tops would force Nationals to wear something else.

Orange tops 100%. Same as 2017 win.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
txislandag86 said:

Holy Crap..The call that didn't matter "but could have" . I don't remember this call being debated as much on MLB Network.

Because the Nats lose their minds arguing the calls that go against them, which generates discussion.

'Stros just take it, move on, and then nobody gives it a second thought.
crowman2010
AG
I said it when the news came out...they knew this thing was going 7 and wanted him for that game. Call me crazy, but if vintage Scherzer is on the mound tonight, you can take it to the bank that the injury was fabricated
CoachRTM
AG
crowman2010 said:

I said it when the news came out...they knew this thing was going 7 and wanted him for that game. Call me crazy, but if vintage Scherzer is on the mound tonight, you can take it to the bank that the injury was fabricated

I know you're probably just following a conspiracy rabbit hole, but there's is absolutely zero chance they don't pitch Scherzer if he was ready. On top of that, you think their super secret plan was to have Joe Ross start at World Series game?
gigemJTH12
AG
Bregxit said:

My opinion on JV is that he is just worn out. I remember being concerned back in August and early September when he was running pitch counts of around 110 for many starts in a row.
I have been saying this for 2 years. He is effing 36 years old. Next year he better be on a serious pitch count.
gigemJTH12
AG
Philip J Fry said:

So I'll be doom and gloom here. I don't like our chances tomorrow at all. Greinke has never shown the ability to go deep into a post season game. Our chance was with game 1 and we blew it.

I cannot believe Cole/Verlander went 1/4.
and??? He just needs to go 4 or 5. Urquidy, Josh James(much better at home), Joe Smith, Cole, and Osuna are all more than ready.

dont be a so negative. We have literally beat them with all of those guys.
gigemJTH12
AG
humongous day for everyone today. Jeff Luhnow may be at the top of the list. He could look like a hero tonight.
FrioAg 00
AG
Just depends which Astros bats show up to the park today, the ones that try to pull every swing into a home run and end up getting blanked for long stretches of innings or the ones that focus on just hitting the pitches that are thrown.

Being at home is making our guys try to be a hero every time.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Navy alternates
Got to change it up
crowman2010
AG
Absolutely
SquirrellyDan
AG
crowman2010 said:

aftershock said:

Wabs said:

You really have no idea how mind games work, do you?
owww....yes let's fake an injury and bench our ace and sacrifice game 5 so he can pitch a game 7 thay may not ever happen. Me thinks you don't know how mind games or regular games work.
SquirrellyDan
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Bregxit said:

My opinion on JV is that he is just worn out. I remember being concerned back in August and early September when he was running pitch counts of around 110 for many starts in a row.
I have been saying this for 2 years. He is effing 36 years old. Next year he better be on a serious pitch count.
He had a bad ~8 game stretch in the middle of the season, too. I think it's a mixture of regular ebb and flow of the game and the number of pitches thrown.
Cromagnum
AG
Social media all in on games rigged for Astros. People are so dumb in today's world.
Frok
AG
It just amazes me that the Nats could only score 3 runs in 3 games but then all of a sudden become clutch hitters again back at MMP.

Hoping Scherzer tips his pitches tonight.
Wabs
AG
CoachRTM said:

crowman2010 said:

I know you're probably just following a conspiracy rabbit hole, but there's is absolutely zero chance they don't pitch Scherzer if he was ready. On top of that, you think their super secret plan was to have Joe Ross start at World Series game?
Scherzer may have not have been 100% ready for G5. He could have had minor soreness or "didn't feel right", or whatever. So, they decided instead of pitching a less than 100% Scherzer against Cole, they went with another pitcher at home, knowing they had Stras and potentially a 100% (by then) Scherzer for game 7 - NOT against Cole.

My point is that if the reports are true that Scherzer couldn't even lift his arm a few days ago, how in the world can he come out tonight and pitch 90+ pretty high leverage pitches?
SquirrellyDan
AG
Wabs said:

CoachRTM said:

crowman2010 said:

Scherzer may have not have been 100% ready for G5. He could have had minor soreness or "didn't feel right", or whatever. So, they decided instead of pitching a less than 100% Scherzer against Cole, they went with another pitcher at home, knowing they had Stras and potentially a 100% (by then) Scherzer for game 7 - NOT against Cole.

My point is that if the reports are true that Scherzer couldn't even lift his arm a few days ago, how in the world can he come out tonight and pitch 90+ pretty high leverage pitches?
They decided to pitch Ross in a pivotal game 5. No manager in his right mind is going to sacrifice a game 5 just so his ace can pitch a possible game 7. Maybe Scherzer's injury was exaggerated, but it was certainly bad enough that they thought Ross gave them a better chance. You're just looking back now that we lost game 6 because if Scherzer is healthy it works out in the Nats favor.....doesn't mean there was a conspiracy.
gigemJTH12
AG
I think you nailed it. Never smelled right from the get go.

hope it comes back to bite them in the ass.
First Page Last Page
Page 2040 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.