***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,122 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sherzer had that look in his eye. You mean the weird "one of these things is not like the other" look?
Ag_07
AG
If we're in a GM 7 we should be begging for Max to pitch. No way he'll be good enough to be effective.

Plus if he does get in it'd be if they were down and desperate to keep it close. No way they'd put him in if they're up.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

If we're in a GM 7 we should be begging for Max to pitch. No way he'll be good enough to be effective.

Plus if he does get in it'd be if they were down and desperate to keep it close. No way they'd put him in if they're up.

Agreed.

But let's just win it tonight and not let it get to that point.
Prosperdick
AG
If I'm the Nats I keep Scherzer's status completely under wraps and try to lull the Astros into thinking they won't have to face him tomorrow (you let your team know internally but tell them to keep it a secret).

What they're doing now is motivating the Astros to lay it all out tonight so they don't have to face him tomorrow.
Beat40
Those saying Max won't pitch another game in 2019 - he may not because we could win tonight.

However, I think if it did get to a game 7, he's absolutely pitching at some point. Remember, Bagwell regularly got cortisone shots and played entire seasons that way - and it was a shoulder issue for him.
Farmer1906
AG
Frok said:

Sigh, not liking the idea of Scherzer pitching tomorrow. Has the makings of an epic underdog story.

JV needs to be on tonight.

Yup. That would be wild. Then again we have some apex predators in this lineup and Greinke on the bump tomorrow. I'd still like our chances.
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

If I'm the Nats I keep Scherzer's status completely under wraps and try to lull the Astros into thinking they won't have to face him tomorrow (you let your team know internally but tell them to keep it a secret).

What they're doing now is motivating the Astros to lay it all out tonight so they don't have to face him tomorrow.

Fortunately, the Astros are going to lay it all out tonight regardless because that's who this team is. It's Hinch's mindset and that flows down to the players. They are absolutely playing to win tonight.
Mr.Ackar07
Beat40 said:

Those saying Max won't pitch another game in 2019 - he may not because we could win tonight.

However, I think if it did get to a game 7, he's absolutely pitching at some point. Remember, Bagwell regularly got cortisone shots and played entire seasons that way - and it was a shoulder issue for him.
But Bagwell also had trouble throwing the ball to 3rd or home even with the shot later in his career. It only allowed him to swing the bat and catch the ball.
tailgatetimer10
AG
If it does, log into foxsports.com

Beat40
This is just like game 5 of the ALDS. I'm ready to be at game time so the butterflies go away.

Let's talk about this - do you think the approach from the offense will stay the same tonight, or will they try to work Stras out of the game early?
Prosperdick
AG
Beat40 said:

Prosperdick said:

Fortunately, the Astros are going to lay it all out tonight regardless because that's who this team is. It's Hinch's mindset and that flows down to the players. They are absolutely playing to win tonight.
Totally agree on the Astros' mindset but I'm just giving a perspective of what the Nats should do instead.
Frok
AG
It's all pure speculation at this point. But from what I can tell from the video he looks fine. The question is if the velocity and accuracy is there. Without major structural damage he may be okay just numbing that nerve.

Mathguy64
AG
Headed to class so I don't have to think about the butterflies for the next 2 hours.
Beat40
Oh I agree. I think the Nats should be trying to keep things under wraps better.
Beat40
This is very cool:

bearkatag15
AG
Beat40 said:

This is very cool:

We need to sign him for the 2030 playoff run
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Frok
AG
annie88
AG
Cromagnum said:

I hope this stupid weather blows through so my DirecTV feed isn't screwed up
I was thinking the same thing, I have the Fox app on Apple box ready to go if needed!
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Cromagnum
AG
annie88
AG
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
512Ag
AG
annie88 said:

Cromagnum said:

I hope this stupid weather blows through so my DirecTV feed isn't screwed up
I was thinking the same thing, I have the Fox app on Apple box ready to go if needed!

Might be obvious, but I'm throwing this out there because AppleTV is how I've watched the entirety of the playoffs: be aware that it's delayed by a good 20 seconds to a minute, so be careful about being on social media or the game thread here if you don't want to know what happens until it actually hits your screen.
agdaddy04
AG
WS Hat from mlb.com wasn't supposed to show up until next Monday but just arrived.
fat girlfriend
Frok said:

If the Stro's lose tonight, they suddenly become the underdog in game 7.
mwm
That, ladies & gentlemen, is the last lineup card Hinch will fill out this year.
Cromagnum
AG
agdaddy04 said:

WS Hat from mlb.com wasn't supposed to show up until next Monday but just arrived.

It's a sign (or you are of Kenyan descent and had no idea)
AgHawkeye
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Beat40 said:

This is very cool:

We need to sign him for the 2030 playoff run

Ha. That's the metal bat you could hear in the background of the Scherzer video. I was like what the Heck.
Frok
AG
fat girlfriend said:

Frok said:

If the Stro's lose tonight, they suddenly become the underdog in game 7.

One thing the Astros absolutely cannot do is let the Nationals cruise to an easy win tonight. If we do come up short the Nationals need to expend as many pitchers as possible.

However if they do expend a lot of pitchers it probably means we win.
Agnzona
Just win baby!
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Big Al 1992
AG
On way to Minute Maid Park for last time this year. Let's Go!!! take It Back!!!
BMo
In an exam room today in Memorial Hermann Cancer Center and looked out the window to see the Astrodome, perfectly centered/aligned between the buildings of the medical center. We finish it tonight.

I'm good BTW, surveillance visit.
htxag09
AG
Sorry, but this discussion is stupid. It's the ****ing World Series. Do you really think any team in any situation would go into this game taking it easy cause they "only" have to win 1 of the next 2? You're out of your mind, these guys live for this and will damn sure give all they got every game. Now add the Situation for the stros with JV on the mound......
DVC2010
AG
BMo said:

In an exam room today in Memorial Hermann Cancer Center and looked out the window to see the Astrodome, perfectly centered between the buildings of the medical center. We finish it tonight.

Maybe should have led with that.
Ajollyag
BMo said:

In an exam room today in Memorial Hermann Cancer Center and looked out the window to see the Astrodome, perfectly centered between the buildings of the medical center. We finish it tonight.

You know we play at MMP right?
Cromagnum
AG
ajolly said:

BMo said:

You know we play at MMP right?

And that's exactly what we're gonna do to em
BMo
Yeh, maybe so but today I'm an Astros fan first, cancer survivor second. Go 'Stros! Take.It.Back!
First Page Last Page
Page 1977 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.