***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,740,984 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by PSully97
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Safe at Home said:

Alex Bregman said:

exp said:

If the Astros win tonight, will that clinch home field throughout?
Yes, it gets them extra home games next year as well.
But it sure doesn't mean we get to open at home next year. In fact, who do you think they'll send to Arlington opening day for the Ranger's new stadium debut?
my money is on Astros opening at home v. Angels and Rangers opening on road with first game at Minute Maid north against the Angels
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:



We just ruined the Nationals party, why not the Rangers as well? I'm warming to this idea of being the most hated team in baseball.


Two years ago we broke Boston when the fired Farrell after the loss.
Two years ago we broke NY when they fired Girardi after the loss.
Then we finished the trifecta when we broke Roberts, Morrow and Jansen. Jansen is still broken.

We broke NY again; they just fired Rothschild and I'm pretty sure Chapman got broke.

Its a habit. We crush teams souls.

Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Safe at Home said:

Alex Bregman said:

exp said:

If the Astros win tonight, will that clinch home field throughout?
Yes, it gets them extra home games next year as well.
But it sure doesn't mean we get to open at home next year. In fact, who do you think they'll send to Arlington opening day for the Ranger's new stadium debut?

We just ruined the Nationals party, why not the Rangers as well? I'm warming to this idea of being the most hated team in baseball.


I have fond memories of ruining Jeter day a few years back (last year?).
I thought that was 2017, that was a fun game to watch. I know they were just wanting to rub in the fact that we could have drafted him and didn't, and we won the battle but not the war. I think Springer went yard on like the second pitch of that game if memory serves.
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

Should be easy to find in 50k people

Except there won't be that many people in 1 section....the same section we're both sitting in
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bring me some too while you're at it!
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching High Heat on MLB Network and they showed Scherzer tossing it around at MMP. They made it sound like he would be ok to pitch if there is a game 7 in some capacity.

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Watching High Heat on MLB Network and they showed Scherzer tossing it around at MMP. They made it sound like he would be ok to pitch if there is a game 7 in some capacity.


There is no way he's an effective pitcher tomorrow if it gets that far.
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's not going to get another pitch
Water Turkey07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Head games
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Watching High Heat on MLB Network and they showed Scherzer tossing it around at MMP. They made it sound like he would be ok to pitch if there is a game 7 in some capacity.


There is no way he's an effective pitcher tomorrow if it gets that far.
Sure can't blame the guy for trying though.
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you are the nats, do you really wanna leave a potential game 7 in the hands of a pitcher held together by duct tape and bailing wire?
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He just gave a fanatic fist pump after finishing. He seemed really excited about how he felt



Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

If you are the nats, do you really wanna leave a potential game 7 in the hands of a pitcher held together by duct tape and bailing wire?


Have you seen their other pitchers?
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two days ago his wife had to dress him. Im sure he would give a thumbs up right now if He was only able to wipe himself with no help
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
rausr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Water Turkey07 said:

Head games

Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

If you are the nats, do you really wanna leave a potential game 7 in the hands of a pitcher held together by duct tape and bailing wire?
Worked for the Red Sox.

Bassmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got two tickets for me and my 8 year old. Can't wait to tell him! Take it back!
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

He just gave a fanatic fist pump after finishing. He seemed really excited about how he felt






gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am 100% certain that Max Sherzer will be 100% ready to go in his next scheduled start..


....in April 2020.

gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ankle =/= throwing shoulder
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG




Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

Marvin said:



We just ruined the Nationals party, why not the Rangers as well? I'm warming to this idea of being the most hated team in baseball.


Two years ago we broke Boston when the fired Tito after the loss.
Two years ago we broke NY when they fired Girardi after the loss.
Then we finished the trifecta when we broke Roberts, Morrow and Jansen. Jansen is still broken.

We broke NY again; they just fired Rothschild and I'm pretty sure Chapman got broke.

Its a habit. We crush teams souls.


Small point of order... Tito has been gone from Boston for the better part of a decade. We got Farrell fired.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whoops. Fixed. Thx.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:


Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
512Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol at changing their hashtag from #FinishTheFight to #StayInTheFight
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Throwing aggressively in a flat ground session in the outfield.....totally the same thing as his full body throwing mechanism on a mound with the WS on the line....strap it up and just throw tonight there big boy
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bassmaster said:

Just got two tickets for me and my 8 year old. Can't wait to tell him! Take it back!


Must be nice.

Enjoy. It will be a great memory.

Now back to being jealous.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No pre celebrating, trophy raising, or jinxing of victory until final out tonight.... this is gonna be a tough one
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sigh, not liking the idea of Scherzer pitching tomorrow. Has the makings of an epic underdog story.

JV needs to be on tonight.

bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Hinch knows how to handle this situation...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

No pre celebrating, trophy raising, or jinxing of victory until final out tonight
too late on this thread
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope this stupid weather blows through so my DirecTV feed isn't screwed up