***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,752,061 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


How many pitches does JV have and was the 8th inning a 1-2-3 inning with no issues?

If the answers to those questions are 110 pitches and yes, then JV gets the 9th.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree with both of you but knowing Hinch and how he sticks to his guns, I would be shocked if it wasnt Osuna.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the scenario is he is done after 8. so 120 pitches.
WelchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


I know the popular answer is Harris, but I still go Osuna.
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


Your closer.
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?




Will the Trill
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?




Devenski

I just want to see his pimp job one last time after a K
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
96ags said:

gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


Your closer.


This is the only right answer. You don't put in anyone but osuna in this situation.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjholley16 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


Option 1: Will Harris ... option 2, William Harris. Option 3: Billy Harris


and Option 4: Joe Smith
how about will smith?
https://ts.la/eric59704
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

96ags said:

gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


Your closer.


This is the only right answer. You don't put in anyone but osuna in this situation.
But why?

Put whoever you think gives you the best chance to get those 3 outs without giving up a run. More than likely it is your closer, but it isn't always the case.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


You go with Osuna but have Harris warming up ready to go at the first sign of trouble
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wabs said:

gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


You go with Osuna but have Harris warming up ready to go at the first sign of trouble
this is probably the most accurate answer and exactly what would happen.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is that someone we should know, or just random prediction from twitter?
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:





The time traveler has spoken
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
MathNewman06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Is that someone we should know, or just random prediction from twitter?


He had some impressively accurate predictions for games 4 and 5.
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?




the unpopular answer is Osuna, however I feel theres a mental difference pitching as a setup than a closer.
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be in Section 106 tonight. Woke up with my stomach in knots. Feels like Christmas.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MathNewman06 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Is that someone we should know, or just random prediction from twitter?


He had some impressively accurate predictions for games 4 and 5.


Does he have any predictions from 1-3?
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


On this day in 2017...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Eso si, Que es
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Is that someone we should know, or just random prediction from twitter?


He had some impressively accurate predictions for games 4 and 5.


Does he have any predictions from 1-3?
game 1 he said:

game 2 prediction was:
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

96ags said:

gigemJTH12 said:

scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?


Your closer.


This is the only right answer. You don't put in anyone but osuna in this situation.
But why?

Put whoever you think gives you the best chance to get those 3 outs without giving up a run. More than likely it is your closer, but it isn't always the case.


Because being the closer is as much of a mind game as anything else. Harris has been absolutely fantastic coming in in high leverage situations and getting us out of jams. It's a different mindset entirely knowing that you're coming in to close a close game in the World Series.

What year was it that Harris was having a great season and we put him at closer and he bombed?
blindey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jimbos Cow said:

Sandlot
For Love of the Game
Field of Dreams
Major League
Angels in the Outfield (I know it's a cheesy disney movie, but I loved it as a kid)
I can't believe we got this far into the thread without a single mention of "Air Bud 2: the Golden Receiver"
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Jomboys breakdown of the Budlight double Fister, Rally bewbs and bad strike calls...the best part is that she used the video and retweeted it lol
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cpsencik04 said:



Jomboys breakdown of the Budlight double Fister, Rally bewbs and bad strike calls...the best part is that she used the video and retweeted it lol

I thought Blue was just bad. This is much worse.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:


What year was it that Harris was having a great season and we put him at closer and he bombed?


Can't ever recall that happening. 2015 he got hit up a bit but I don't think it was the 9th inning.

tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
they released 3 singles in the upper two decks about 20 mins ago.... after trying to get them for about 15 mins they were gone
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


My wife just sent me this from game 5. She said that I have to re-enact it tonight I have no recollection of this picture


The chick in the background kills me
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
512Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:



On this day in 2017...


That game was absolutely the highlight of my entire Astros-loving life. I got chills watching that.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:



On this day in 2017...

Not a knock against any world series between then and in the future... but it's doubtful we ever see anything more awesome than the 2017 series. Not only was it our first, but damn that series had some epic moments. That game alone was the most unbelievable game I've ever seen!
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tjholley16 said:

they released 3 singles in the upper two decks about 20 mins ago.... after trying to get them for about 15 mins they were gone
I don't understand where all the singles that pop up throughout the day come from. Do they just hold on to them for that purpose of just randomly releasing one or two at a time for some lucky fans to pick up?
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope that damn Choo-Choo train's boiler explodes tonight from blowing that whistle and running up and down the tracks so much.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lets hope there aren't any infield fly rules called this game. The homeplate ump is the same from the 2012 NL WC game where this happened:

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

they released 3 singles in the upper two decks about 20 mins ago.... after trying to get them for about 15 mins they were gone
I don't understand where all the singles that pop up throughout the day come from. Do they just hold on to them for that purpose of just randomly releasing one or two at a time for some lucky fans to pick up?
I think they might have been held back by the astros for those season ticket promotions? But I'm not sure why it's only singles. That's how I got to go to game 1... I just happened to be browsing when a few got released the day before
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG



She wore it better..... But I was the originator
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions