***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,572 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
AstroAggie15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shenaniganz
Sandlot
For Love of the Game
Field of Dreams
Major League
Angels in the Outfield (I know it's a cheesy disney movie, but I loved it as a kid)
Ag_07
AG
Off day is no more. Time to buckle down and focus.

We can talk Cole free agency, movies, and all that other random shlt later.

Let's finish this tonight!! Get JV past the 1st, put up a couple early, and let him cruise.
Mr.Bond
AG
2 years ago to the day of game 5 magic..... It's meant to be boys

Oh and I will be in attendance for both
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Post removed:
by user
Gordo14
1872walker
third coast.. said:

This thread has jumped the baby shark

Figured I'd go ahead and get this one out of the way.

I'm not getting a damn thing done today.
3B Paul 97
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

crowman2010 said:

I think it should be a rule that you have to have seen the sandlot prior to posting on this thread...

Wendy Pefercorn

Will she replace rally Kate?
Cromagnum
AG
aTm2004
AG
Prosperdick
AG
I like that Dream is throwing out the first pitch to Clyde. I hope we can get a repeat of the '95 Western Conference playoff series against the Spurs where the road team won every game...until the 6th game when we finally broke them at home. Obviously Dream and Glide were instrumental in that series.
Big Al 1992
AG
A friend of a friend is an MLB umpire. They get allotted tix for all postseason. Got the call this morning. I will be at game 6. Let's Go! TAKE IT BACK!!!
Farmer1906
AG
I had a dream we won last night 3-2, but then I woke up kind of sad because I know we'll beat the Nats by way more than 1 run.
Mr.Bond
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

A friend of a friend is an MLB umpire. They get allotted tix for all postseason. Got the call this morning. I will be at game 6. Let's Go! TAKE IT BACK!!!

Very cool congratulations. Just curious what kind of tickets do they give the umpires?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I had a dream we won last night 3-2, but then I woke up kind of sad because I know we'll beat the Nats by way more than 1 run.

Oh Lance .... did Darcy show you her whipped cream bikini too?

Jackal99
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

If anybody else out there is friends of friends of umpires and has an extra ticket, kindly let me know. TIA.

Oh, and have fun!
Harry Dunne
BoxingAg84 said:

If only we knew back then that some rally boobs is all it would take to get Coach Sherman excited, it might have all turned out differently
David_Puddy
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Very cool congratulations. Just curious what kind of tickets do they give the umpires?

I got players tix for game 1. I believe he will be in either section 122 or 124. The ump tickets are picked up at the same window (26). I'm not sure if your guy told you, but they don't release ump tickets until like an hour before game time, just so you're not waiting.
Mathguy64
AG
Well the last off day of the season is officially over.11 hours to game time.

TAKE THIS MOFO BACK!
BMX Bandit
Mr.Bond said:

Big Al 1992 said:

ones with obstructed view.

Mr.Bond
AG
Lmaooooo

gigemJTH12
AG
some Verlander numbers:

World Series : 0-5
This postseason: 1-3
Series clinchers as an Astro: 0-3

The win tonight would be huge for us, obviously. But if Verlander comes out and pitches an absolute gem, and we win the series on his back, it is going to be very, very special.

In a career filled with huge accomplishments, I guarantee you he would put a win tonight so far at the top that #2 wouldnt even be close.

And you know what? I could not be more confident he is going to do it. Its happening. He is going to be mowing MF's down.

and I am going to cry.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
aggie813 said:

Can we please wear the orange jerseys tonight?
You know, like the ones we won the World Series in,
in '17.
I'll be wearing mine tonight!
WES2006AG
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Game day!!

First time doing SRO. Should I head to Minute Maid now?
I did SRO for the first time for game 1 and if you are there when gates open behind 122 is by far the best spot. It is not only really close to home plate but also the section for Astros wives and family. Got to see a lot of superstars coming in and out of that section during game 1.
spadilly
S
Let's go!!!

Crossing "attend a WS game" off my bucket list tonight.
Frok
AG
Looking back at the game 2 debacle. What a meltdown we had in the 7th inning. Nats only had two solid hits that inning. The solo shot by Suzuki and Cabrera's single up the middle through the shift.

3 walks
1 Error
1 infield single that Bregman through over Yuli

If Bregman didn't have the error we would have only been down 3-2. Totally different game.

That said I think Verlander needs to give up 2 or less tonight. Bullpen will need to come in and finish it off.

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
The Astros are undefeated all time in World Series games where there are multiple flashers.

Those of you bringing wives/girlfriends/sidepieces... I think you know what they have to do.
Frok
AG
spadilly said:

Let's go!!!

Crossing "attend a WS game" off my bucket list tonight.

Congrats and man am I jealous
spadilly
S
I'll be rocking the full throwback uniform up in 407.

astros4545
AG
Frok said:

Looking back at the game 2 debacle. What a meltdown we had in the 7th inning. Nats only had two solid hits that inning. The solo shot by Suzuki and Cabrera's single up the middle through the shift.

3 walks
1 Error
1 infield single that Bregman through over Yuli

If Bregman didn't have the error we would have only been down 3-2. Totally different game.

That said I think Verlander needs to give up 2 or less tonight. Bullpen will need to come in and finish it off.

The throw was the error(already down 4 runs)

The ground ball of Bergman's glove was a single
Wabs
AG
We've got JV on full rest tonight and rested bullpen arms - Harris, Pressly, Smith and Osuna.

tjack16
AG
I'll take a 1 run win... and I'll take a 15 run win. I honestly don't care as long as we win. It can be the ugliest win of all time for all I care.
gigemJTH12
AG
scenario...Verlander goes 8. Youre up 1. Who is getting the last 3 outs?

tjack16
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Option 1: Will Harris ... option 2, William Harris. Option 3: Billy Harris

and Option 4: Joe Smith
Frok
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Harris
First Page Last Page
Page 1970 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.