***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,740,795 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by PSully97
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

World Series baseball >>> politics talk
Yep. There's a politics board for a reason.
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
+1 for The Sandlot. Definitely watch ASAP.

The saw it the other day for the first time in a while. That scene with James Earl Jones at the end still gets me.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some dbag on this board just sold me a ticket. I'll see you mofos at the game.
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You don't have to answer, but definitely curious about your age. You obviously like baseball since you're on this thread.
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agdaddy04 said:

You don't have to answer, but definitely curious about your age. You obviously like baseball since you're on this thread.
I'm middle-aged. Love baseball and have seen most of the other movies listed on this thread. Just never The Sandlot. Even played a lot of baseball as a kid.
Oyster DuPree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjholley16 said:

World Series baseball >>> politics talk

BTHO WASHINGTON

World Series baseball >>> Sandlot circlejerk
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never seen the sandlot.
Never seen the Natural all the way through
Never seen 8 men out.

Never seen Rudy.

I think Slap Shot and Brian's Song are the greatest sports movies ever made.

Baseball movies are Bull Durham, Field of Dreams ( not really a baseball movie though), Bad News Bears (the original not the POS remake or god forbid the horrific sequels).

I'm old. What can I say.
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mathguy86 said:



I think Slap Shot and Brian's Song are the greatest sports movies ever made.


That goes to Rudy and Hoosiers.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M said:

mathguy86 said:



I think Slap Shot and Brian's Song are the greatest sports movies ever made.


That goes to Rudy and Hoosiers.


One of the Hoosiers players was my HS Principal.

ETA and now the random **** talked about on the thread had reached epic 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon
Sid Farkas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M said:

mathguy86 said:


I think Slap Shot and Brian's Song are the greatest sports movies ever made.
That goes to Rudy and Hoosiers.
Since we opened it up to sports movies in general...

Caddyshack
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deluxe said:

+1 for The Sandlot. Definitely watch ASAP.

The saw it the other day for the first time in a while. That scene with James Earl Jones at the end still gets me.




Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

Never seen the sandlot.
Never seen the Natural all the way through
Never seen 8 men out.

Never seen Rudy.

I think Slap Shot and Brian's Song are the greatest sports movies ever made.

Baseball movies are Bull Durham, Field of Dreams ( not really a baseball movie though), Bad News Bears (the original not the POS remake or god forbid the horrific sequels).

I'm old. What can I say.


You're killing me smalls.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag12thman said:

bearkatag15 said:

Ag12thman said:

astros4545 said:

Ag12thman said:

I've never seen The Sandlot. Sounds like I'm missing out.


Not sure if serious
Dead serious. Never seen any part of it.

You should probably make that a priority after the series is over.
I will definitely have to after all the mentions of it on this thread.


No. You find a way to sneak it in before the damn game. Never seeing the Sandlot is fkn ridiculous.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

Never seen the sandlot.
Never seen the Natural all the way through
Never seen 8 men out.

Never seen Rudy.

I think Slap Shot and Brian's Song are the greatest sports movies ever made.

Baseball movies are Bull Durham, Field of Dreams ( not really a baseball movie though), Bad News Bears (the original not the POS remake or god forbid the horrific sequels).

I'm old. What can I say.


You can't give your opinion on sports movies without having seen the movies mentioned.

Stick to rally Kate. You have by far the most important job in this board.
New World Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

How have you not seen the Sandlot. Either you watched it as a kid growing up or you're old enough to have kids that watched it.

Unless you're super young
I've never seen it either. 51, no kids.
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bad News Bears 2 is the correct answer for obvious reasons.

Some Astros fans you guys are.
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New World Ag said:

wangus12 said:

How have you not seen the Sandlot. Either you watched it as a kid growing up or you're old enough to have kids that watched it.

Unless you're super young
I've never seen it either. 51, no kids.


Probably too old to appreciate it now. That's a shame.
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Glad I'm not the only one.
BoxingAg84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Game day!!

First time doing SRO. Should I head to Minute Maid now?
pasquale
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BoxingAg84 said:




The reactions of those around is hilarious! We now have proof of the tattoo!!!
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GAME DAY!!!

Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No but do be there when gates open at 4. Head to 106-107 (left field/ third base line) and you can stand behind the last row of seats and in front of the back of the cocktail cantina stand. No one will be behind you - only room for one row deep. Make friends with the usher and the bartender. I told WesAg the same but not sure where he ended up game 2. We watched 2017 WS game 5 - all 5 hours plus from there so that spot has some mojo.
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjholley16 said:



I was at two of these... ALDS Game 2, 2017. ALCS Game 2 2019

Pretty wild that this has happened so often
i was at two also, alds game 2 2017, world series game 5, 2017
https://ts.la/eric59704
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it should be a rule that you have to have seen the sandlot prior to posting on this thread...
Forgiven_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
crowman2010 said:

I think it should be a rule that you have to have seen the sandlot prior to posting on this thread...


Wendy Pefercorn
AggieZUUL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's do this!!! Astros 6, Nats 4.
Nino Brown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why does not guy look so angry in the same row as her? And why do they have to put a star over her nipple? Those things keep us alive when we're babies.
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Squints is still the man!
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like with Strasburg and Verlander pitching this is gonna be a low scoring game compared to the last 3.

I say Astros take it 4-2
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
* sung by nationals *
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark!

Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Mommy shark!

Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Daddy shark!

Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandma shark!

Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandpa shark!

Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let's go hunt!

*sung by Astros*
Apex Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Apex Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Apex Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Apex Shark!

*sung by Nationals*
Run away, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Run away, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Run away, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Run away!

It's the end, doo doo doo doo doo doo
It's the end, doo doo doo doo doo doo
It's the end, doo doo doo doo doo doo
It's the end!
mm98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nino Brown said:

Why does not guy look so angry in the same row as her? And why do they have to put a star over her nipple? Those things keep us alive when we're babies.


She's gonna make a killing in the next few months.

Meanwhile, LFG!!!!!!!
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

I feel like with Strasburg and Verlander pitching this is gonna be a low scoring game compared to the last 3.

I say Astros take it 4-2


Always seems like the opposite during these pitches duals. Will be an offensive explosion.
aggie813
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we please wear the orange jerseys tonight?
You know, like the ones we won the World Series in,
in '17.
ATM9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Premium said:

* sung by nationals *
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark!

Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Mommy shark!

Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Daddy shark!

Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandma shark!

Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandpa shark!

Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let's go hunt!

*sung by Astros*
Apex Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Apex Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Apex Shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Apex Shark!

*sung by Nationals*
Run away, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Run away, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Run away, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Run away!

It's the end, doo doo doo doo doo doo
It's the end, doo doo doo doo doo doo
It's the end, doo doo doo doo doo doo
It's the end!


So clever