***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,437 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nikowski and Phillips were *****ing about the umpiring.

Ok. It was bad. It's been bad all series. The zones have been generally tight with random looseness late in games. And it's been going on all series. But both teams have had to deal with it. Both pitchers and hitters.

I will say that I think the Nats have had it worse but it's clearly been bad for both teams. And the umps have known it and let the players and benches vent. In midseason there would have been ejections last night. Both Nats bench coach and probably Martinez and certainly Robles. Hell Robles would be suspended tonight and probably longer for tossing his bat at the ump after the K.
Frok
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

FriscoKid said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

I am sad to say it, but this series is over, and I wouldn't be shocked if we got swept. They hit the ball. They've shown they can hit our two aces and will probably destroy Greinke and whoever else we throw out there. It sucks.

Bump?
I'm waiting til the World Series ends, then I say we send this thread out in style bumping the best of the bleeders from game 2.
I'm kind of scared, don't remember what I posted during that game but I was in a bad place
CT75
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Wabs said:

JJxvi said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

The hate CJ Nitkowski has for the Astros is really something.
Who? Never heard of this guy before ... and probably won't ever again.

Former Astros and Rangers (among others) pitcher. Current Rangers broadcaster.
I must have missed it, what did CJ say about the Astros?

No idea, hes on the MLB channel on sirius/xm in the mornings. The little bit i heard was them taking calls whining about umpires
They ****ing lost 3 games at home and only scored 3 runs combined. But yeah, it's the umpires.

Umpire suckage goes both ways
What I heard this morning sounded like an even more ******ed version of "The View". He was harping and *****ing and moaning for probably 5-10 minutes about how the Astros handled this Taubman thing. And just when you would think he was finished making his point, he'd start back in on it again from the beginning.

Does this really surprise you? These days media always has an agenda.
aTm2004
AG
Ag12thman said:

If we go onto win the series, I believe this is the pitch that changed it. Soto seemed to be their heart & soul, and one pitch up and in rattled him and they couldn't do anything after.
Ag_07
AG
CJ Nitwit needs to chill on the whole calling folks out for social injustice bit

CJ Nitkowski accused of racism after he likes a Tweet from White Supremacy group
agdaddy04
AG
He's such a different guy in the box now. The whole league should thank Greinke.
CFTXAG10
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

My hope is the Nats tighten up after their first taste of losing in a while. I think they were having fun and playing loose those first two games. Keep putting the pressure on them. Getting out to a lead helped tremendously, but Greinke and the pen went out and slammed the door shut!
Posted this after game 3 and it has continued to happen. They lost a little "swag" after the loss in game 3 and started to tighten up. I am not counting them out, but theres absolutely no way you can tell me that the guys over in their clubhouse are not absolutely shell shocked after losing 3 straight at home. They won't go quietly, hope JV brings the filth tomorrow.
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Why I have some optimism.

Thru 2 games the are underachieving and they are extremely overachieving. Over enough games these would balance out and our offense would crush theirs (see 2019 season). Even without a large sample size, you'd still expect this not to continue.

Astros
BA - .256
xBA - .298
(.041)

SLG - .432
xSLG - .504
(.072)

wOBA - .319
xwOBA - .364
(.045)

Nats
BA - .307
xBA - .226

SLG - .547
xSLG - .391

wOBA - .382
xwOBA - .292
Lets update this.

Astros
BA - .290
xBA - .313
(.023)

SLG - .486
xSLG - .529
(.043)

wOBA - .359
xwOBA - .386
(.027)

Nats
BA - .233
xBA - .221

SLG - .384
xSLG - .373

wOBA - .300
xwOBA - .293

That regression hits like a truck.
CT75
AG
mathguy86 said:

Ok. It was bad. It's been bad all series. The zones have been generally tight with random looseness late in games. And it's been going on all series. But both teams have had to deal with it. Both pitchers and hitters.

Totally agree here.....it just happened to the Nationals on a 3-2 count for a 3rd out late in the game when they potentially had Cole on the ropes that 'helped' shut down a 'potential' late inning rally. That's the real reason they are *****ing. Otherwise both teams have been getting the same treatment. It was the timing of it.
spadilly
S
For the final time this season, an off day...

astros4545
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Will admit. I was a bleeder from game 2. This team is amazing and I should have never given up. I have watched 147 of the 162 games during the regular season and every pitch of the post season. I bought into the team of destiny hype.
Farmer1906
AG
CT75 said:

mathguy86 said:

Totally agree here.....it just happened to the Nationals on a 3-2 count for a 3rd out late in the game when they potentially had Cole on the ropes that 'helped' shut down a 'potential' late inning rally. That's the real reason they are *****ing. Otherwise both teams have been getting the same treatment. It was the timing of it.
That only happens because of a blown call the batter before. I believe it was 100% make up call.
agsquirrel97
AG
Quote:

Pretty sure there is no way that gets enforced at some random game in July if her name doesn't pay for the tickets
It is not that MLB can or would enforce the ban if she decided to go to a game, it is that they have a written record of the ban and if she shows up flashing or doing something at a future game they can throw the book at her because she has been "trespassed" off their property.

She has been served notice of being persona non grata and any future incident will carry a much bigger punishment.

HOWEVER, she has not been served papers by the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, WNBA, FIFA, NASCAR, F1, PGA, CFL, or Bangladesh Premier Cricket League. If she is really committed then she will go for the dodecafecta?!?

Charlie Conway
he hasn't squared up to any of the pitchers since and his shuffle has been toned down to a leg sweep to clear some dirt
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That regression hits like a truck.

Nailed it
Marvin
AG
CoachRTM said:

I'm going to deservedly get some **** for this.....

My wife and I had season tickets to a musical at the Hobby Center last night, and decided to go to the performance and then record the Astros game to watch later.

Sitting in the crowd before the show, there was a sudden murmur, then a bunch of excitement. Word quickly got through the audience that Alvarez had hit a two run homerun.

Someone got the "Lets go, Astros" clap,clap-clap,clap,clap chant going and the whole crowd joined in and it was LOUD. I'm sure the Northeastern based broadway crew was wondering what the hell was going on - I like to pretend there was at least one Nationals fan in the group that had to go out there and sing and dance while pissed off at the crowd.

TLDR : Even the people who go to broadway shows during World Series games are a little Astros crazy right now.

If that "someone" was a female, I have a sneaking suspicion of who did it. I sent my wife and her two sisters to Cats last night and she sent me video of her standing up and shouting that while everyone else was sitting and looking through their playbills. Couldn't tell if she was leading the chant or just responding, but I wouldn't put it past her.
Eso si, Que es
aTm2004 said:

Ag12thman said:

If we go onto win the series, I believe this is the pitch that changed it. Soto seemed to be their heart & soul, and one pitch up and in rattled him and they couldn't do anything after.
What I love about that pitch was you can see Grienke's body language, he was using his right leg to put body english on the pitch during flight to try and steer it up there.

PSA - when searching gifs of putting English on the ball and it asks did you mean putting English on the balls your answer is yes, very much yes. YWIA!
aTm2004
AG
Speaking of Happy Gilmore...

tailgatetimer10
AG
Ag12thman said:

This was just a matter of time. His antics quickly disappeared after game 3/4. Heck last night he barely did anything, and played pretty well.
Eso si, Que es
CoachRTM said:

Someone got the "Lets go, Astros" clap,clap-clap,clap,clap chant going
its Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap

so tired of this thread being invaded by the ill-informed fine arts connoisseurs.
McInnis
AG
Too bad there wasn't Nolan sitting behind home plate in Washington. Would have loved to see his face light up for that.
CoachRTM
AG
Marvin said:

CoachRTM said:

I'm going to deservedly get some **** for this.....

My wife and I had season tickets to a musical at the Hobby Center last night, and decided to go to the performance and then record the Astros game to watch later.

Sitting in the crowd before the show, there was a sudden murmur, then a bunch of excitement. Word quickly got through the audience that Alvarez had hit a two run homerun.

Someone got the "Lets go, Astros" clap,clap-clap,clap,clap chant going and the whole crowd joined in and it was LOUD. I'm sure the Northeastern based broadway crew was wondering what the hell was going on - I like to pretend there was at least one Nationals fan in the group that had to go out there and sing and dance while pissed off at the crowd.

TLDR : Even the people who go to broadway shows during World Series games are a little Astros crazy right now.

If that "someone" was a female, I have a sneaking suspicion of who did it. I sent my wife and her two sisters to Cats last night and she sent me video of her standing up and shouting that while everyone else was sitting and looking through their playbills. Couldn't tell if she was leading the chant or just responding, but I wouldn't put it past her.

No idea who started it, but that was the show I was at.
JYDog90
AG
aTm2004 said:

Speaking of Happy Gilmore...

Thoughts and prayers to that poor guy's twitter history. He'll be a villain before sundown.
n_touch
AustinCountyAg
curious if anyone has gotten their refund back from ALCS tickets for games not played? Just looked at my credit card statement online and I have been given a refund, but it if about $50 bucks less than what I spent on the tickets? WTF
bearkatag15
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

curious if anyone has gotten their refund back from ALCS tickets for games not played? Just looked at my credit card statement online and I have been given a refund, but it if about $50 bucks less than what I spent on the tickets? WTF
Same for me. My refund was $220 instead of the full $243.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Ag_07
AG
I don't think you get refunded the fees. Just the price of the ticket itself.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Prove it.
I graduated A&M in May 1996 and spent 2 months working my first job which I hated with a passion. Hated my boss's guts, was about 20-25 years younger than the rest of the employees and was in the middle of nowhere. 2 months in, I up and quit in the middle of the day on a Monday, packed a bag and just drove of town with no clear idea of what to do next. Decided I was taking a road trip to wherever and would figure it all out when I got back. Next night I was in St. Louis watching the Cardinals play the Dodgers (Ozzie Smith's last year).

From there I went to Comiskey for a day game, then 3 at Wrigley with the Astros in town, then Minnesota, then KC, then Coors Field, and topped it all off at the 1996 kickoff classic where A&M blew a 21-6 lead and lost to BYU 41-37 as Steve Sarkisian threw for 11 billion yards.

Got a seat from a scalper about 4 rows behind home for a Royals-Blue Jays game. Jeff Granger was with the Royals and they put him in as a reliever to start the 6th inning - he threw 6 pitches, walked the guy, and they pulled him. I thought this was hilarious and gave him a standing ovation with several whoops, annoying the 2 guys (season ticket holders no doubt wondering how this tall dorky idiot had gotten a seat in front of theirs). Started telling me down in front and swearing at me, and then one tossed the last 1/5th of his cup of beer at me.

Now, let's face facts, I was being a huge a-hole and I was 22, but if you throw beer at me, I'm swinging. So I turned around and punched him in the head and we wrestled around until security came to step in. I got put in a little room where I had to show my ID - showing my College Station address which I'm sure was confusing. They asked if I was a Royals' season tickets holder (so many jokes in my mind) and when I said no they told me I was banned for life, which is pretty funny when you're driving through the town on an aimless road trip.

For as much proof as I can provide, here are my ticket stubs from the roadie, although I can't find my one from Coors Field. The very faded A&M-BYU sticker is bottom right.

mazag08
AG
Ag_07 said:

What an absolute scam
Max Power
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag12thman said:

I love this for a number of reasons. Number 1 is I despise Soto, he's punk. Number 2 is Greinke needed to pitch with more fire. He's been kind of timid for the most part, that pitch showed me what I needed to see from him. He can be more than a regular season pitcher. He's looked like he's been pitching scared. That pitch looked like he had some Rick Vaughn in him.

Farmer1906
AG
I was mainly just being an *******, but that's a pretty good story.
WES2006AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't have any experience with getting a refund from the Astros but this doesn't sound right. In my experience with the Rockets you got back every penny paid for a game that didn't take place.

Lets hope the Stros just made an error and aren't planning on keeping people's fees.
Ag12thman
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag12thman said:

Agreed !!!!

And screw Soto !!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 1961 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.