***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,750,155 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't think you get refunded the fees. Just the price of the ticket itself.
I don't have any experience with getting a refund from the Astros but this doesn't sound right. In my experience with the Rockets you got back every penny paid for a game that didn't take place.

Lets hope the Stros just made an error and aren't planning on keeping people's fees.


Just so anger isn't directed to the wrong place, MLB handles the ticketing system not the Astros.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't for sure I'm just guessing of what could account for the $50 difference.

And that doesn't have anything to do with the Astros. That's a ticketmaster thing. I don't think the team has anything to do with fees.

And yes fees are an absolute scam
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone want to give me a couple tickets for the game tomorrow. I need a present for my wife's birthday, and figured I would ask. I'm cheap.

Crud. Caught my mistake
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX was kind enough to point out one of the stupid things I've said in the last couple of weeks when I stated that we should Bench Correa during the Rays series.

So here's me eating crow. Feel free to bump it over and over again. I will never doubt that man again.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I was mainly just being an *******, but that's a pretty good story.
dont sweat it, i love telling that story.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgsMnn said:

Anyone want to give me a couple tickets for the game tonight. I need a present for my wife's birthday, and figured I would ask. I'm cheap.

Well you're probably SOL since there is no game tonight and the tickets to tomorrow's game are quite expensive.
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting fact: Dating back to the 2nd to last game of the regular season, the Astros have now gone 17 games without scoring more than 4 runs in an inning, the longest streak of the season. Time to end it tomorrow.
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now I need to explain that to the wife.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Stone said:

Interesting fact: Dating back to the 2nd to last game of the regular season, the Astros have now gone 17 games without scoring more than 4 runs in an inning, the longest streak of the season. Time to end it tomorrow.
Springer walk. Altuve Single. Brantley (or Bradley according to Joe Buck) single. Bregman walk. Cuban missile.

5 run first inning. book it.
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag12thman said:


If we go onto win the series, I believe this is the pitch that changed it. Soto seemed to be their heart & soul, and one pitch up and in rattled him and they couldn't do anything after.
I keep watching it,, it gets better with every loop
https://ts.la/eric59704
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So anyone else find the baby shark bit kinda creepy?

Seeing all them dancing, clapping, dressed up as sharks, and that toddler song blaring over the PA system kinda made me step back and think...OK that's pretty f-ing creepy.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I was mainly just being an *******, but that's a pretty good story.
dont sweat it, i love telling that story.
I don't. That is why I continue to be one.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will say that I think the Nats have had it worse

I don't think it really was worse for them. In fact, the very at bat they're *****ing so much about there was an earlier call on a ball that was a strike.

I get that they were upset when a rally gets shut down on a bad call but it happens all the time. And we got just as many bad ones over the days too.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

So anyone else find the baby shark bit kinda creepy?

Seeing all them dancing, clapping, dressed up as sharks, and that toddler song blaring over the PA system kinda made me step back and think...OK that's pretty f-ing creepy.
Not at all.

I'm sure it is annoying to most because that song is so damn annoying, but it is a nice gesture a player made to his daughter and just kind of caught on. These little quirks (like Reddick Woos, Canada at FSU, Rally Monkey in LAA, etc) are fun to me.
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

BMX was kind enough to point out one of the stupid things I've said in the last couple of weeks when I stated that we should Bench Correa during the Rays series.

So here's me eating crow. Feel free to bump it over and over again. I will never doubt that man again.
I know what you mean, but I got a $100 that says you do.

Because even I am the biggest sunshine pumper concerning the 2019 Astros (best roster ever!) and I am very skeptical of Correa's durability. Next time he gets hurt we will all ***** and moan and doubt his ability to play 162+ games on ordinary rest.

Correa is suspect, but he is well worth $5MM in 2019 and $7.5MM in 2020 IMO. I don't think we should pay over $10 - $12MM annually on a year to year basis (2021 and 2022 are arbitration years) unless he shows long term durability improvement. A contract of 5+ years is just not our FO's MO for him. But he will get a 7 year $120MM+ offer IMO in 2023 by a GM who will be fired by 2025.

But there is a difference in doubting his future and doubting that he is worthy of a starting role when he is healthy.
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When JV wins tomorrow in convincing fashion, that will cement the fact he goes to Cooperstown in an Astro hat.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stuff like that doesn't bother me. And at first it didn't bother me and I was more along the lines of that's just their shtick let em be whatever. Then I heard and saw it at their place.

I think what throws me off is that it's a toddler thing.
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should the Astros go on to win this series, who do you think the front runner for MVP is?

If Will Harris comes on for Game 6 or 7 in a close ball game and gets the Astros out of a jam, and they hang on to win, I would give it to him. That would be 3 critical holds for him during the series with his 4th appearance keeping the Nats from blowing open Game 1.

If it goes to a hitter, I think Springer is the current front runner with 4 extra base hits, 5 runs, and 4 RBIs.

Altuve has 3 doubles and 6 singles and no RBIs. Brantley has 8 singles and 2 RBIs. Bregman only has 3 hits so far. The offense has been pretty spread out this series for the Astros.

Dark horse would be Greinke if the Nats force Game 7 and he dominates for the win.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd rather not discuss this
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread needs to...

Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't say when, I said if.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many runs did the Nats score in 3 games in DC?

JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dont think anybody is a real strong candidate based on 5 games. Not only do they have to win the series, but what happens in those games (or game) will be a huge factor. Honestly even Alvarez could easily build a strong MVP case with one more good game.

Soto and Strasbourg are really the only two Nationals I could see winning it at this point.
Faustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/28/sports/world-series-astros-nationals-game-5.html

On These Astros, Who Isn't the M.V.P.?

Bottomless depth has lifted Houston to three straight road victories and put it on the cusp of its second World Series title.

. . .
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Right now the most outstanding player thru 5 games is probably Chirinos or Springer. Soto, Alvarez (hurts he barely played 2 games), and Brantley are in the conversation too.

Edit: Added Stats

Alvarez
.545
.615
.818
1.434
2 R
2 RBI

Chirinos
.364
.364
1.000
1.364
2 R
3 RBI
Called some good games behind the dish

Springer
.316
.480
.737
1.217
5 R
4 RBI

Brantley
.400
.478
.400
.878
3 R
2 RBI

Soto
.333
.455
.778
1.232
4 R
5 RBI
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Should the Astros go on to win this series, who do you think the front runner for MVP is?

If Will Harris comes on for Game 6 or 7 in a close ball game and gets the Astros out of a jam, and they hang on to win, I would give it to him. That would be 3 critical holds for him during the series with his 4th appearance keeping the Nats from blowing open Game 1.

If it goes to a hitter, I think Springer is the current front runner with 4 extra base hits, 5 runs, and 4 RBIs.

Altuve has 3 doubles and 6 singles and no RBIs. Brantley has 8 singles and 2 RBIs. Bregman only has 3 hits so far. The offense has been pretty spread out this series for the Astros.

Dark horse would be Greinke if the Nats force Game 7 and he dominates for the win.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correa's defense has been my MVP.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Should the Astros go on to win this series, who do you think the front runner for MVP is?

If Will Harris comes on for Game 6 or 7 in a close ball game and gets the Astros out of a jam, and they hang on to win, I would give it to him. That would be 3 critical holds for him during the series with his 4th appearance keeping the Nats from blowing open Game 1.

If it goes to a hitter, I think Springer is the current front runner with 4 extra base hits, 5 runs, and 4 RBIs.

Altuve has 3 doubles and 6 singles and no RBIs. Brantley has 8 singles and 2 RBIs. Bregman only has 3 hits so far. The offense has been pretty spread out this series for the Astros.

Dark horse would be Greinke if the Nats force Game 7 and he dominates for the win.

Sandy Koufax
Bob Gibson
Reggie Jackson

Know what they all have in common?

Only players with 2 WS MVPs

George could join some elite company depending on how things play out.
Satellite of Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urquidy. Hands down right now. I performance broke the Nats in game 4. Sure the Stros won game 3 but the Nats still had all of the momentum and could take the series at home. Urquidy dominated their line up plus the Stros' lineup getting hot completely changed the series.

Here's to JV coming out hot tomorrow and Minute Maid is so loud and rocking that people lose their hearing.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:



Sandy Koufax
Bob Gibson
Reggie Jackson


Who?

/TexAgs October 2019 Astros Bandwagoners
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Urquidy. Hands down right now. I performance broke the Nats in game 4. Sure the Stros won game 3 but the Nats still had all of the momentum and could take the series at home. Urquidy dominated their line up plus the Stros' lineup getting hot completely changed the series.

Here's to JV coming out hot tomorrow and Minute Maid is so loud and rocking that people lose their hearing.
Can the MVP of a series win by playing in 1 game and pitching just 5 innings?
JRC0811
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lets win first before we talk about this... going to anger the baseball gods with this kind of talk.
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Texas A&M said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Should the Astros go on to win this series, who do you think the front runner for MVP is?

If Will Harris comes on for Game 6 or 7 in a close ball game and gets the Astros out of a jam, and they hang on to win, I would give it to him. That would be 3 critical holds for him during the series with his 4th appearance keeping the Nats from blowing open Game 1.

If it goes to a hitter, I think Springer is the current front runner with 4 extra base hits, 5 runs, and 4 RBIs.

Altuve has 3 doubles and 6 singles and no RBIs. Brantley has 8 singles and 2 RBIs. Bregman only has 3 hits so far. The offense has been pretty spread out this series for the Astros.

Dark horse would be Greinke if the Nats force Game 7 and he dominates for the win.

Sandy Koufax
Bob Gibson
Reggie Jackson

Know what they all have in common?

Only players with 2 WS MVPs

George could join some elite company depending on how things play out.