***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,100 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beau Bevers said:

The hate CJ Nitkowski has for the Astros is really something. MLB Radio on SiriusXM is very entertaining. Such a baby. No credit. The umps stole the series. They are evil because of Taubmann.

I listened to that blowhard in the way into work this morning - it does seem like all media is just polar opposite the stros
iBrad
AG
CJ is just representing Rangers fans.
BMX Bandit
Took a couple of innings, but glad Ross started tipping pitches
gigemJTH12
AG
Long way to go to win this thing.

I will say this though. With Verlanders 0-5 World Series Record and 1-3 this postseason off a Cy Young season, it sure feels like the perfect opportunity for a great person and great baseball player to right those wrongs and have a career altering performance to bring home the trophy.

would be really freakin awesome.

Go 35. Do it.
Beau Bevers
AG
I've never heard a former player-turned-analyst who knows less about baseball than CJ. And his hate for everything Astros is really just embarrassing, but his lack of maturity and self-awareness will just embolden him.
Cynic
gigemJTH12 said:

Long way to go to win this thing.

I will say this though. With Verlanders 0-5 World Series Record and 1-3 this postseason off a Cy Young season, it sure feels like the perfect opportunity for a great person and great baseball player to right those wrongs and have a career altering performance to bring home the trophy.

would be really freakin awesome.

Go 35. Do it.

Not sure if this is accurate but I don't think he has closed out a series for us yet.

2017 Game 6 WS - Lost
2019 - Game 4 ALDS - Lost
2019 - Game 5 ALCS - Lost

95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

The hate CJ Nitkowski has for the Astros is really something.
Who? Never heard of this guy before ... and probably won't ever again.
aTm2004
AG
This the beginning taken from "There's A Spirit?"

bearkatag15
AG
Pirates ownership finally had enough of seeing Pirates pitchers dealt or signed to the Astros and only to become WS game winners, All-Stars and Cy-Young candidates...

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Ag_07
AG
Not just the Astros

They dealt Glasnow to the Rays
Andyzipp
AG
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Former Astros and Rangers (among others) pitcher. Current Rangers broadcaster.
JJxvi
AG
Nitkowski was a AAAA scrub relief pitcher for the Astros in 97-98
Marvin
AG
AggiEE said:

Walt Luddiger said:

all those #metoo soldiers that were itching to smear the astros....you just had bare naked boobies on live television for little cadeyn and hayleign to see. how will they explain this atrocity while maintaining an ounce of dignity?

Those boobs were a sign of feminist freedom unshackled from the rules governed by patriarchal society

Unshackled, literally...
Bobcat-Ag
Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

I must have missed it, what did CJ say about the Astros?
Texas A&M
Why is one woman getting all the 'credit'? Didn't two women participate? I didn't realize it was two different women until I saw Clay Travis' video on twitter.
JJxvi
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

No idea, hes on the MLB channel on sirius/xm in the mornings. The little bit i heard was them taking calls whining about umpires
Wabs
AG
JJxvi said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

No idea, hes on the MLB channel on sirius/xm in the mornings. The little bit i heard was them taking calls whining about umpires
They ****ing lost 3 games at home and only scored 3 runs combined. But yeah, it's the umpires.

Umpire suckage goes both ways
Agnzona
Can JV figure out his 1st inning issues? Guaranteed the Nats will be aggressive. It's amazing with all the data they seemingly do not understand what he does differently to start a game.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Aggie1391
Is anyone selling 1 ticket to the game tomorrow?
Unemployed
AG
Agnzona said:

Can JV figure out his 1st inning issues? Guaranteed the Nats will be aggressive. It's amazing with all the data they seemingly do not understand what he does differently to start a game.
No amount of data and statistical analysis gonna fix mental roadblocks. This is something JV gotta figure out on his own.
Frok
AG
What's really nice about the last 3 games is it has not been one player dominating for the Astros. It has been someone different each game. That's tough to beat if it keeps going.
Ag_07
AG
I love the whole...DC has waited since 1933 to see their team play in the WS.

Turns out not only did they not see a W, but they never even saw their team with a lead.
mazag08
AG
Game 6 won't even be close. Our offense decided to fix their plate approach two games ago after swinging for the fences the entire playoffs up until they point. Despite that, we hit Strasburg harder than anyone during the slump.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Wabs said:

JJxvi said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

They ****ing lost 3 games at home and only scored 3 runs combined. But yeah, it's the umpires.

What I heard this morning sounded like an even more ******ed version of "The View". He was harping and *****ing and moaning for probably 5-10 minutes about how the Astros handled this Taubman thing. And just when you would think he was finished making his point, he'd start back in on it again from the beginning.

Texas A&M
I've seen it mentioned on twitter today, but the Astros have to visit the White House if they win. Can you imagine the party he'll throw just to spite the DC crowd (even if there were boos in Minute Maid last night).
irish pete ag06
AG
FriscoKid said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

I am sad to say it, but this series is over, and I wouldn't be shocked if we got swept. They hit the ball. They've shown they can hit our two aces and will probably destroy Greinke and whoever else we throw out there. It sucks.

Bump?
I'm waiting til the World Series ends, then I say we send this thread out in style bumping the best of the bleeders from game 2.
Farmer1906
AG
mazag08 said:

Game 6 won't even be close. Our offense decided to fix their plate approach two games ago after swinging for the fences the entire playoffs up until they point. Despite that, we hit Strasburg harder than anyone during the slump.
But we've hit 6 HRs since then. Looks like they're swinging for the fences to me.
mazag08
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Wabs said:

JJxvi said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

What I heard this morning sounded like an even more ******ed version of "The View". He was harping and *****ing and moaning for probably 5-10 minutes about how the Astros handled this Taubman thing. And just when you would think he was finished making his point, he'd start back in on it again from the beginning.

I believe he was the same guy that was crying that firing Taubman wasn't enough and that Luhnow and the Astros need to pay a heavy fine for their crime against humanity.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I was banned for life from the royals stadium for getting in a fight there in 1996
Farmer1906
AG
Prove it.
suburban cowboy
AG
Probably the first time in my live I've asked if it's Tuesday already.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
mazag08 said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Wabs said:

JJxvi said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

I believe he was the same guy that was crying that firing Taubman wasn't enough and that Luhnow and the Astros need to pay a heavy fine for their crime against humanity.
I think you are right. That whole show has got to **** since Eduardo Perez hasn't been on the past few weeks.
Mathguy64
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I was banned for life from the royals stadium for getting in a fight there in 1996

"I swear it wasnt me. It was my brother Rougned Odor. Yes, I'm Rougned. But it was my brother Rougned."
PhatMack19
AG
Pitching Ninja was just on 97.5FM. He's really good to listen to break down our team. His Twitter is a great
Wabs
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Wabs said:

JJxvi said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

Andyzipp said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Yes, the Astros bungled the situation from the start. But they've issued apologies and fired the guy that did it. What are they supposed to do now?? Do they want a literal public hanging of some sort? Are the Astros the only professional organization that have signed accused domestic violence offenders??
First Page Last Page
Page 1960 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.