***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,366 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the Astros outfield is playing out of its mind...offense and defense.

demoralizing all the AAA outfielders
suburban cowboy
AG
I honestly thought the ball went into the stands. But then I realized Josh Reddick's glove stopped it from doing so. Because that's exactly what happened.
This was particularly important due to the opposition having two runners on base, which would have given them the advantage late in the ballgame.
Ag_07
AG
Red Dog with the go ahead RBI and game saving rob
titanmaster_race
I guess Choo's run there doesn't matter, but what a boneheaded move.
agsquirrel97
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'd like to see numbers on runs scored per game with White in the lineup vs without.

Seriously seems like our big nights are when he's riding pine.
I did a quick search, we have had 15 games YTD when we scored 6+ runs, White started 7 of those 15 games.

In those 15 games we scored 131 runs.

In the 7 games White started he had 8 hits and 1 RBI.

Disclaimer, I did all the math in my head while scanning box scores online and may be off a number here or there.

Any math errors are due to jumping around when Reddick made the catch!
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
MelvinUdall
I will never understand how anyone doesn't LOVE this team.
Ag12thman
AG
Josh freaking Reddick.
TREX01
I let my 6 year old stay up to watch this. He's convinced that Reddick is Spider-Man. He even refers to him as spidey. Well he's even more sure that's he's Spider-Man after that catch. Special moments
JABQ04
AG
TREX01 said:

I let my 6 year old stay up to watch this. He's convinced that Reddick is Spider-Man. He even refers to him as spidey. Well he's even more sure that's he's Spider-Man after that catch. Special moments

He's not wrong you know
Bregxit
AG
TREX01 said:

Had the exact same experience with my 7YO just now lol. He turned to me and said "Dad I want you to post on TexAgs that Reddick used his Spideysense!"

I was laughing my ass off.
Texas A&M
TREX01 said:

That's awesome! I still have fond memories of watching Nolan Ryan with my dad.
Jackal99
AG
Nice. My six year old watches SportsCenter every morning while he eats breakfast and gets ready for school. He loves to watch the Top 10, and then it's time to get shoes on and head out the door. He's gonna freak out tomorrow when he sees that catch as #1.
W
AG
apparently the ballpark is staying open tonight for the fans
Bregxit
AG
W said:

apparently the ballpark is staying open tonight for the fans
They did that during the Memorial Day floods in 2015 also. I was there on May 30th and saw the storms popping up on radar so took my then 3YO son home around the 6th inning. By the end of the game people were stuck downtown including several of my wife's family at MMP that we left there.

Crane and the Astros org genuinely cares about the fans I think.
Silent For Too Long
Will + Ryan + Roberto have combined like 42 IPs and given up 3 runs. Best 7-8-9 in baseball right now.
tjack16
AG
My friend and I left after the 7th because I had to drive back to spring. I've never voluntarily left a close game early.... but I'm glad I did. It was horrible on the way back.
AgfromHOU
AG
I live in Dallas, so I had to watch the Rangers broadcast, and the announcers and manager were *****ing about the strike zone the entire game and post game. Really annoying, especially after that game in Arlington where the ump gave them all of the calls.
Farmer1906
AG
mazag08 said:

Remember when this thread wrote Josh off as a trade piece?

His trade value is through the roof!
astros4545
AG
suburban cowboy said:

I honestly thought the ball went into the stands. But then I realized Josh Reddick's glove stopped it from doing so. Because that's exactly what happened.
This was particularly important due to the opposition having two runners on base, which would have given them the advantage late in the ballgame.

Undisputable
Deluxe
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Well said
agproducer
AG
Reddick flat out robbed Pence. What a grab! And, he almost did the same thing earlier in the game when Hunter hit it out. On top of that, Reddick almost pulled off that diving catch a few batters prior.

The man is locked in, in the field and at the plate. WOO!

Bregxit
AG
tjholley16 said:

My friend and I left after the 7th because I had to drive back to spring. I've never voluntarily left a close game early.... but I'm glad I did. It was horrible on the way back.
We have four tickets and are planning to go with a friend's church group Friday night. Going to have a big decision to make tomorrow since we have another round of this coming.
ontheedge
mazag08 said:

Remember when this thread wrote Josh off as a trade piece?
Yep.
YellAg2004
AG
agproducer said:

Reddick flat out robbed Pence. What a grab! And, he almost did the same thing earlier in the game when Hunter hit it out. On top of that, Reddick almost pulled off that diving catch a few batters prior.

The man is locked in, in the field and at the plate. WOO!

It was Springer in right on Pence's HR earlier in the game.

ETA: but yes, Reddick has been solid
mwm
I've never had a hotdog for breakfast...
Ag_07
AG
I still can't believe that before last night Osuna has only given up 3 hits.

Last night was clearly his worst outing so far and he gave up 2 hits and 0 runs.

He has been great.

And just think...This time last season we were watching Gas Can Giles beating himself in the dugout.
TREX01
Except Osuna didn't give up 2 hits. He gave up a walk and a hit. I would say his worst outing was the one that he gave up the 2 hits and a run vs Oakland early in the year. But ultimately its splitting hairs because the dude is nails.
bearkatag15
AG

So good... worth it's own gif
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Been wanting josh gone for 2 seasons now so I am here to eat crow and say I didn't see this coming. Keep raking Josh!
bearkatag15
AG
You wanted Josh gone after his 2017 season? That was probably his best overall season of his career
bearkatag15
AG

I'd like to see fans moved back 3 or so rows because of this statement
Frok
AG
Flooding in Houston.....worked in 2017
suburban cowboy
AG
Looking at team stats this morning... Altuve has got to get it figured out.
AustinCountyAg
Soooo is everyone still pissed and mad at the astros organization for getting Osuna?
Bobby Jimbo
AG
suburban cowboy said:

apology for poor english

when were you when hunter pens robs?

i was at home drinking shinr bach

'hunter is rob'

'yes'

and you????
First Page Last Page
Page 189 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.