***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,537 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's someone's grandmother
Ag_07
AG
If Martinez is dumb enough to pitch Corbin out of the pen again forcing them to have a BP game than maybe we do have a shot at this.

Now maybe GM 4 gets bumped and that allows Schrezer to go on full rest then they may pitch Corbin in relief but I can't see any way they pitch Corbin in relief the way things are set up now.
Frok
AG
Man this thread was invaded by a bunch on non-Astros fans for a bit there
agsquirrel97
AG
Even if Corbin starts 4, he won't go deep in my opinion. We can go all righty's (plus Brantley) and force them to change early, and I know he only threw 20 pitches on Tuesday, but that is still 20 pitches in a stressful inning.

No rainout favors us in my opinion. Win game 3 and force them to start making short sided decisions with long term impacts in game 4
iBrad
AG
I'm sure it's been talked about in the 1000s of World Series posts, but it just dawned on me that the Astros and Nationals share a spring training facility. Meeting up in the World Series has be good for spring ticket sales.
Ag_07
AG
Good to get back to baseball talk.

It'll be interesting to see how Hinch decides to deploy Cole depending on how GM 3 shakes out.

Does he go on short rest in GM 4 if we lose? What if we win?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
My 2 thread accomplishments this year

Almost getting it shut down during freight train Jake
Moving the political debate to its proper place
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
They beat Cole on full rest, if we go down 3-0 the only thing starting Cole on game 4 would do is drive down his asking price
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Good to get back to baseball talk.

It'll be interesting to see how Hinch decides to deploy Cole depending on how GM 3 shakes out.

Does he go on short rest in GM 4 if we lose? What if we win?

I think the bullpen day going well (minus Osuna again) against New York should give him confidence to do that again
Agmaniacmike12
I hope they go Corbin in Game 4 after we win Game 3. Our lineup will feast.
the last of the bohemians
That Greinke trade - let's see if it pays off tomorrow
Nino Brown
If you had told me two months ago that Cole and JV were going to give up 9 earned runs in two games I would not of believed you. Let's hope they both get another shot.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Who gives a ****
Score 8 a game the next 4
Tired of depending on 3 runs or less ****, ****ing mash
the last of the bohemians
Let's look at this positively....having the pitcher bat the next 3 games will not hurt our 9 hole production
AggiEE
the last of the bohemians said:

Let's look at this positively....having the pitcher bat the next 3 games will not hurt our 9 hole production

With Greinke batting tomorrow he's definitely an improvement over Reddick in the 9 hole
astros4545
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Who gives a ****
Score 8 a game the next 4
Tired of depending on 3 runs or less ****, ****ing mash

Eso si, Que es
AggiEE said:

With Greinke batting tomorrow he's definitely an improvement over Reddick in the 9 hole
You are persistent.

There, I said something nice about you, now I want to see you say one nice thing about Reddick, just one.

Go!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
The series is not going back to Houston
AggiEE
Eso si, Que es said:

AggiEE said:

You are persistent.

There, I said something nice about you, now I want to see you say one nice thing about Reddick, just one.

Go!

****ting on Reddick hasn't worked for me so far in the post season

I said one good thing about Reddick during the ALDS and he ended up getting a hit or a walk, so maybe I need to change my approach

Nothing but positive vibes to Reddick prior to his AB from here on out, but I can't guarantee I won't ***** after his AB....

and truth be told Reddick as a clubhouse guy and personality is one of my favorite Stros players...he went Super Saiyan with his outfit after clinching the ALCS, just wish his bat would also be Goku...
ClickClack
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

mwm said:

The Gnats are a good team. A very good team. They have, in fact, won 8 in a row counting last night.

They have basically "coasted" through the Brewers, the Dodgers & the Cards. They have only had one 1-run game in that stretch. Pretty much "easy", "no stress" wins like last night's ended up being. They've got it all rolling in their favor.

They have been having "fun" and are, as a result, playing "loose". They have absolutely taken advantage of their run. On the flip side, our schedule and results have been tense and nothing that would resemble "easy".

Again, I fully expect the Astros will come out tomorrow night and look like a totally different team. Hopefully, they'll come out and punch the Gnats in the chops and go on roll from there.

And, finally, a disclaimer: I am not a shrink but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

You obviously didn't watch the Nats play at all. Definitely didn't coast. Have been playing elimination type games to get in the playoff, almost lost the play in game and were tied to Dodgers on the road in an elimination game in the 10th inning. I'm not sure I've ever read such a terrible description.

He's good at quotation marks though.
Big Al 1992
AG
It's Game Day! Let's Go! Forrest is ready!

crowman2010
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

It's Game Day! Let's Go! Forrest is ready!

The sad part is...a LOT of kids my son's age (junior high) have never seen the movie...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
lda6339 said:

The Nats are going to forfeit?
Eso si, Que es
AggiEE said:

Eso si, Que es said:

AggiEE said:

You are persistent.

Go!

****ting on Reddick hasn't worked for me so far in the post season

I said one good thing about Reddick during the ALDS and he ended up getting a hit or a walk, so maybe I need to change my approach

Nothing but positive vibes to Reddick prior to his AB from here on out, but I can't guarantee I won't ***** after his AB....

and truth be told Reddick as a clubhouse guy and personality is one of my favorite Stros players...he went Super Saiyan with his outfit after clinching the ALCS, just wish his bat would also be Goku...
I am so proud of you. It took 3 edits and I still don't know what the final sentence says, but this feels like a big step.

If you and I can come together, if only for a moment, then I have all the faith in the world in our team.

EE is gonna be positive, and the stros are gonna rake in DC!

Can I get a Woo, or is that over the line?
Pahdz
Can't wait for Grienke to go yard and walk back to the dugout, sit down, and say to the rest of the guys "see it's not that hard guys"
tailgatetimer10
AG
Pahdz said:

Can't wait for Grienke to go yard and walk back to the dugout, sit down, and say to the rest of the guys "see it's not that hard guys"

I can only imagine if he gives up 0 runs, what the answers to his questions will be.

What did you change in your approach that we didn't see in game 1&2?
- I threw more strikes and they missed more.
Sid Farkas
AG
Frok said:

Man this thread was invaded by a bunch on non-Astros fans for a bit there
No kidding. Only real Astro fans left.

Have we discussed the political angle to the Taubman firing yet?
agproducer
AG
I'm ready for tonight. Let's do this! LFG!!!!
Wabs
AG
lda6339 said:

Where are they going to play games 6 and 7 then?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Wabs said:

lda6339 said:

They wont lol
Marvin
AG
Listening to radio, it seems DC is losing their minds with baseball fever. Hopefully it makes the players grip just a bit tonight.
Wabs
AG
lda6339 said:

Wabs said:

lda6339 said:

They wont lol
Ok, so the Nats will just forfeit after the Astros beat them 3 times in a row at their place.
astros4545
AG

Greinke has some Valbuena-esque bat flips

Hope we see some
Frok
AG
Marvin said:

Listening to radio, it seems DC is losing their minds with baseball fever. Hopefully it makes the players grip just a bit tonight.

Sucks, most of those people probably didn't realize they had a team until they won the wild card game
Ag_07
AG
Shoulda PH him instead of Tucker
First Page Last Page
Page 1820 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.