***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,943 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The problem with the regression argument is that they just need to win 2 more games.

It's not like this is the ASB where they have to keep it up for 80 more games.

They just have to sustain this level of play for 2 more games. That's completely doable.
Deluxe
AG
That's what Irish Pete said on the last page. The longer the series goes, the more likely it is that the spreads will tighten, but no guarantee with such a small sample size.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
What we should have done last night is thrown one into Soto's face-type area when we were getting killed by 10 runs. Put the fear of God into Wonder Boy.
astros4545
AG
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

What we should have done last night is thrown one into Soto's face-type area when we were getting killed by 10 runs. Put the fear of God into Wonder Boy.
You're a disgrace to the game for even thinking that's funny.
Wabs
AG
I think at times the Astros press too much at MMP, trying to get the HR or big play. My hope is that they take on an "underdog" mentality on the road and get things done. They've proven in the past to be a pretty good road team in the reg season and playoffs. Just thankful these games aren't being played in the Trop......
irish pete ag06
AG
Deluxe said:

AustinCountyAg said:

can we please stop with the Nats "destiny" talk and having them "regress back to themselves".

After the Nats terrible start they were arguably the second best team in the MLB behind the Astros. They are ****ing good.
The regression talk (that I've seen anyway) is in regard to the stats Farmer1906 posted above

Exactly. They are good. But they have had batted ball fortune for lack of a better saying.
Johnsy3
AG
Let's work some walks and get some opposite-field hits to start
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
lda6339 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I dont' think it's funny, I think it's strategy. Not hit him, just give him something to think about.
Baseball-Junkie
92Ag95
AG
aTm2004 said:

I hope on the plane ride today Springer or someone makes some dumb joke that gets the whole plane laughing, just like Ausmus did on the flight to St. Louis when he had everyone look out the window and then said that he thought he saw Pujols' ball.
The story I heard was that he convinced the captain to make the announcement..."If you'll look out the left side of the aircraft you'll see the home run ball that Albert Pujols hit last night."
Baseball-Junkie
Baseball-Junkie said:

agdaddy04 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

I am sad to say it, but this series is over, and I wouldn't be shocked if we got swept. They hit the ball. They've shown they can hit our two aces and will probably destroy Greinke and whoever else we throw out there. It sucks.

Based on your other posts I don't believe you when you say you're sad to say it.

Quote my post then to prove your point. I'll wait.
Sid Farkas
AG
If there is a shred of hope left it is that AJ can pull GW Bush/Ryder Cup style inspiration speech...

Quote:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/us-regains-ryder-cup-after-bush-invokes-alamo-1122579.html

It's one thing to acknowledge damaged morale. a true leader can summon up the best spirits in men to overcome adversity

This is where AJ either earns his paycheck or not.
aTm2004
AG
Today's Bible verse that popped up on my phone.

spadilly
S
astros4545 said:

Mine is coming. It's been a morning, highlighted by a cortisone shot.
spadilly
S
Ag_07
AG
Maybe we need Mr Vega looking for our regular season offensive production.
Philip J Fry
AG
spadilly said:

Should be in front of our missing offense.
Baseball-Junkie
agdaddy04 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

I am sad to say it, but this series is over, and I wouldn't be shocked if we got swept. They hit the ball. They've shown they can hit our two aces and will probably destroy Greinke and whoever else we throw out there. It sucks.

Based on your other posts I don't believe you when you say you're sad to say it.

Got season tickets for my son, wife and myself when the Express went back to the Astros. I've been going to at least one or two Astros' games a year, for the last 35 years. You're right, though... I love to see them lose. I am still waiting on those great quotes you have of me.

And I am not the streaker, just trying to find a photo or two that don't identify my family:

agdaddy04
AG
Calling a sweep before game 3 is a little premature. It reminds me of people calling for the Ags to lose in the 2nd quarter of a game so that they can be first. Not very many positive posts from you on this thread even after an amazing Game 6 against NYY. You also had the comment about 9-11, so was hopeful you weren't an actual Astros fan.
Your point is proven though, you're just an upset fan.
DVC2010
AG
Ag_07 said:

The problem with the regression argument is that they just need to win 2 more games.

It's not like this is the ASB where they have to keep it up for 80 more games.

They just have to sustain this level of play for 2 more games. That's completely doable.

You're correct. 0-2 is a really big hole. The point is that the Nationals can't count on their production continuing, and the Astros should expect more runs from the same performance. The odds still favor the Nats to take the series, but I would bet on the Astros in any individual game.
Baseball-Junkie
agdaddy04 said:

Calling a sweep before game 3 is a little premature. It reminds me of people calling for the Ags to lose in the 2nd quarter of a game so that they can be first. Not very many positive posts from you on this thread even after an amazing Game 6 against NYY. You also had the comment about 9-11, so was hopeful you weren't an actual Astros fan.
Your point is proven though, you're just an upset fan.

Usually when I post on here during a game, I am drunk and pissed off about the game.

If hating Yankee fans is wrong, I don't want to be right. They're vile people and I do get the hypocrisy in my comments about them. With that said, I didn't start it and don't have those feelings toward decent people.
Baseball-Junkie
Oh, and I didn't call for a sweep. I said with the way the nats have hit our best two pitchers, it wouldn't "shock" me to see a sweep.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

If hating Yankee fans is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Now what?

Bregxit
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

Now what?

Why would a bum in a Yankees hat change anything?
expresswrittenconsent
Damn, brah, you bought round rock express tickets?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

Now what?

Why would a bum in a Yankees hat change anything?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

lda6339 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I dont' think it's funny, I think it's strategy. Not hit him, just give him something to think about.

I agree with pitching him aggressively inside to make him uncomfortable. If he gets hit, he gets hit. Throw inside and high but certainly below the shoulder and not to intentionally hit him.
Baseball-Junkie
expresswrittenconsent said:

Yeah, brah, I live in Austin and it gets my son more chances to see good baseball and an occasional star on rehab assignment. That's hilarious, right, brah?
dshedd41
S
http://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/sports/astros-world-series.html?action=click&module=Well&pgtype=Homepage§ion=Sports
Ag_07
AG
Reading this thread is worst than watching that game
03_Aggie
Baseball-Junkie said:

Yeah, brah, I live in Austin and it gets my son more chances to see good baseball and an occasional star on rehab assignment. That's hilarious, right, brah?

Ever been to an American Legion game at Minute Maid Park?
expresswrittenconsent
Baseball-Junkie said:

It's hilarious that you brought it up as part of your astros fan bonafides. You may be the biggest astro fan ever but the fact that you like to go to minor league baseball games doesnt factor at all. It is the same as saying you are a huge astros fan because you are in a weekly bowling league or because you play golf on each saturday or because you walk your dog each morning.
Post removed:
by user
Sid Farkas
AG

Baseball-Junkie said:

It's hilarious that you brought it up as part of your astros fan bonafides. You may be the biggest astro fan ever but the fact that you like to go to minor league baseball games doesnt factor at all. It is the same as saying you are a huge astros fan because you are in a weekly bowling league or because you play golf on each saturday or because you walk your dog each morning.
Silly baseball nerd virtual pillow fight
First Page Last Page
Page 1815 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.