***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,741,989 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


I thought Reddick's defense is merely average???
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To lighten up the mood, here's Sparky.

Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:



I thought Reddick's defense is merely average???
Gold gloves are pretty meaningless. It's not a great way to judge defense just defensive reputation. Why did Jeter win 2 when he was 35 and 36? He was in the bottom half of the league in defensive SSs. But you have guys like Adam Everett who was elite yet I doubt was ever considered much.
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess it is to be expected when we drop the first two games of the WS...but this thread is just brutal right now.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

this thread is just brutal right now.

aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Astros. Red something like this to loosen up.

gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
we went and won 2 in NY and if Aaron Hicks ball is two foot to the right we probably win all 3.

yall need to sack TF up and quit being a bunch of pansies.

I guarantee you felt more hopeless after the homer in the top of the 9th on Saturday than you do now. And that worked out fine.




I also think there is something to the whole emotional high of the Yankees series. Its very common in football. Emotional games(win or loss) have a huge effect on the next game ALL the time. When we beat Bama in 2012 they had just had one of the most thrilling wins ever against LSU the week before. In fact, as soon as that LSU game finished I said "we are going to win next week now" and I bought tickets and went.

get it together. I know our team will.
jakeaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Amazing hot streak by the nats. Just looked it up. 20-3 since September 20th! All against .500 or better teams!
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
expresswrittenconsent said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Damn, brah, you bought round rock express tickets?


Yeah, brah, I live in Austin and it gets my son more chances to see good baseball and an occasional star on rehab assignment. That's hilarious, right, brah?

It's hilarious that you brought it up as part of your astros fan bonafides. You may be the biggest astro fan ever but the fact that you like to go to minor league baseball games doesnt factor at all. It is the same as saying you are a huge astros fan because you are in a weekly bowling league or because you play golf on each saturday or because you walk your dog each morning.


What if I do those things while decked out in Astros gear?
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Amazing hot streak by the nats. Just looked it up. 20-3 since September 20th! All against .500 or better teams!
they also had a full week to rest up since they swept St Louis. I think our guys severely overlooked Washington, and took for granted that they were the "best team in baseball" this season. I'm hoping last night was the kick in the a** this team needs to take the Nationals seriously.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It make me think of the Rockets when they went down 0-2 at home to Phoenix and Dream said to Mario in the locker room before their flight "why don't we go over there and surprise them."

We might not have Dream, but we have a metric TON of talent and we "surprise" them game 3 and suddenly the pressure shifts back to them, now they know if they lose the next game it's an entirely new series.

Also, it's baseball...way WAY WAAAAAAY stranger things have happened than a 107 team winning at least two games on the road to a wild card team.

Also also I know they've been the hottest team in baseball the last month, but guess what, ALL streaks come to an end at some point.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjholley16 said:

jakeaggie84 said:

Amazing hot streak by the nats. Just looked it up. 20-3 since September 20th! All against .500 or better teams!
they also had a full week to rest up since they swept St Louis. I think our guys severely overlooked Washington, and took for granted that they were the "best team in baseball" this season. I'm hoping last night was the kick in the a** this team needs to take the Nationals seriously.


I don't think we overlooked them. They are just on fire and we continue to struggle driving in runs.
lda6339
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

we went and won 2 in NY and if Aaron Hicks ball is two foot to the right we probably win all 3.

yall need to sack TF up and quit being a bunch of pansies.

I guarantee you felt more hopeless after the homer in the top of the 9th on Saturday than you do now. And that worked out fine.




I also think there is something to the whole emotional high of the Yankees series. Its very common in football. Emotional games(win or loss) have a huge effect on the next game ALL the time. When we beat Bama in 2012 they had just had one of the most thrilling wins ever against LSU the week before. In fact, as soon as that LSU game finished I said "we are going to win next week now" and I bought tickets and went.

get it together. I know our team will.
Bookmarked
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:



I thought Reddick's defense is merely average???
Gold gloves are pretty meaningless. It's not a great way to judge defense just defensive reputation. Why did Jeter win 2 when he was 35 and 36? He was in the bottom half of the league in defensive SSs. But you have guys like Adam Everett who was elite yet I doubt was ever considered much.
Yep.

Gold glove awards are a little more analytically-driven than in the past but still basically a popularity contest. If you want to know who the best fielders really are go look at the Fielding Bible awards.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good grief
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some positive Stats to look at...

Greinke has faced the Nats once this year...7.1 IP, 2 hits, 0 ER, on June 13th. Mostly the same lineup in that game. Rendon is 1-12 against him
themissinglink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fire the guy for defending the Astros having a domestic abuser on the team but keep the domestic abuser on the team. Makes sense.
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assistant GM cant throw 98 mph
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stros should probably go ahead and fire whatever PR person put out their initial statement on this as well. There would be a lot less egg on their face if they had just said we are looking in to this and will comment later.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
themissinglink said:

Fire the guy for defending the Astros having a domestic abuser on the team but keep the domestic abuser on the team. Makes sense.
Fire the guy taunting the reporter about it who looks to have lied to his bosses about what really happened and in the end get caught and make your bosses look like jackasses when they defended you the day or so before.
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Farmer1906 said:

themissinglink said:

Fire the guy for defending the Astros having a domestic abuser on the team but keep the domestic abuser on the team. Makes sense.
Fire the guy taunting the reporter about it who looks to have lied to his bosses about what really happened and in the end get caught and make your bosses look like jackasses when they defended you the day or so before.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

Stros should probably go ahead and fire whatever PR person put out their initial statement on this as well. There would be a lot less egg on their face if they had just said we are looking in to this and will comment later.
PR person isn't just going to put that first statement out. They thought they knew what really happened and defended their guy. Looks like their guy was a liar. He's probably more fired due to how he handled it internally then the actual act.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man what a crappy few days for the Stros
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags #1 said:

Assistant GM cant throw 98 mph
And he served his time....shouting at a reporter and trying to make a point, then lying about it....gets its own sentence to serve
cablinaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luhnow better change his f&%^n passwords.
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Right move by the Astros. Now let's focus on the World Series comeback
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those who believe in karma (I don't) maybe this gives us some better mojo moving forward.
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL!!
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we went down 0-3 I was hoping Taubman would pitch Game 4.
cablinaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So now whatever sh&t Luhnow's been working on the last two years to stay ahead of the curve is out there for any MLB team to find out about. There's gotta be some sort of NDA in place, no?
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

What will you do to swing the luck?

Here is my list:

Wash all Astros clothing
Change Astros hat/shirt combo out
Burn Jose Altuve candle during the game
Switching from Crawford Bock to 5% Tint
Buying my game 6 ticket to watch us win it all

Considering burning a picture of Juan Soto in the flames of the Altuve candle.




The last thing we need is Soto on fire.

Put it in the deep freeze.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BMX Bandit said:

Water Turkey07 said:

Taubman and I's kids are at the same day care. I'll see if I can catch him at drop off this morning!


I'm sure he'll be anxious to chat about it this morning!


He should have plenty of time tomorrow to discuss.

Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chronicle reported that the assistant gm had an issue with the one reported he was directing it at and said some things about that issue in 2018 to other staffers. so some history there as well
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
astros4545 said:

Reporter is a C you next Tuesday

Taubman has a momentary lapse in judgement and lies about it


The reporter felt she owed it to the world to share this non story is the real issue. Scary times
that was one long moment.