***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,961 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

Hinch has about 40 hours to figure out what to do with the bottom of the order (and right field)
I'd rather have Marisnik at this point than Reddick
Philip J Fry
AG
What a ****ing **** show. And I'm not even talking about the game. I'm talking crowd control on the main concourse on the third base side before the game. Complete traffic jam with lots of pushing and shoving. Really felt like a dangerous situation and something needs to be done before someone gets hurt.
W
AG
sidenote...I forgot Harold Baines was on the 1990 A's. So that's 3 Hall of Famers: Henderson, Eckersly, and Baines.

but the 2019 Astros might still have more
astros4545
AG
Ags #1 said:

Except we were the biggest favorite to win the ws since 2007, sure feels like a huge upset if it happens

And it's the equivalent of a 6 point favorite in a football game

Would it have been the upset of the century if Ole Miss beat A&M last week
Texaggie7nine
Philip J Fry said:

What a ****ing **** show. And I'm not even talking about the game. I'm talking crowd control on the main concourse on the third base side before the game. Complete traffic jam with lots of pushing and shoving. Really felt like a dangerous situation and something needs to be done before someone gets hurt.

That was a regular occurence in the 17 home games of the WS
7nine
Poot
I'm astounded by the turn this game took, and I haven't read the 4k posts (3.9k actually) so I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but...

Sans throwing starters as relievers, Hinch needs to treat game 3 as if it were game 7.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
First and hopefully not last, World Series Game. This was brutal... I am really at a loss for words for how bad this team has failed to capitalize on any momentum they build with good ABs.

JV didn't not look good from the stands. His command might have been okay but his 4-seam velocity seemed to hover around 93-94. I think I saw 95 once.... I really think the dude is just tired and it showed. He pitched great but his stuff doesn't seem as crisp. Regardless, he put us in a position to win.

The steal by Altuve with a lefty in the box on the first or second pitch was stupid. I know Suzuki has a subpar arm, but that's not a bag you try and take in that moment. We would have scored on the Brantley single and then lead 3-2 after Bregman bomb. I guess it didn't really make much of a difference it just seemed really stupid.

I hope we get 2 wins in Washington but I don't know that we can stop this train of clutch hitters on the Nats.
Poot
Kashchei said:

Is Bregman going to sleep with his glove tonight and tomorrow?

I hope it's a bigger glove.
Liquid Wrench
3rd base concourse is a cluster**** for any decent game. Not sure what they can do to improve it, but closing off the Union Station entrances didn't help. They need to try something to alleviate it next season.
Philip J Fry
AG
They could start by setting up a barriers that split the flow of traffic. When you have two mobs moving in opposite directions colliding with each other plus people ordering food it's completely ridiculous.
Beat40
W said:

Hinch has about 40 hours to figure out what to do with the bottom of the order (and right field)

There I nothing Hinch can do with the bottoms of the order if they refuse to hit with RISP.

I mean, he could put George or Altuve in the 8 & 9 spots.

I'm serious though, what do you guys realisticallly want Hinch to do? He can't hit for these guys. These guys have to perform, and if they aren't, who else can he really go to that will perform better?
fullback44
AG
Just got home from the game .. that was a one hell of a beat down... we looked bad, JV couldn't keep them from getting hits, they are just on fire ... peaking at the right time. It will take a hell of a run to turn this thing around at this point .. Bregman May have played his worst defensive game this year

Good night folks ..
the last of the bohemians
Never underestimate the heart of a champion..,
Ags #1
AG
Ok
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Ags #1
AG
Who said upset of the century?. The world series is a once a year event and we are the biggest favorite in the last 12 years. So yes a huge upset. Biggest of all time? No. But huge upset sure. Guess we have different definitions of huge upset, which is subjective
iBrad
AG
It will be interesting to see how Hinch manages the bullpen game when it comes to the pitcher's spot coming up to bat. Do you pinch hit every time and burn through your bench? Do you use Greinke as a pinch hitter depending on situation?

The benefit of the bullpen game is that you almost get the DH back in the lineup, but you could really hamstring yourself in the later or extra innings.
the last of the bohemians
What, you don't think Peacock can hit a curve ball?
bearkatag15
AG

make it happen....
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Ag12thman
AG
Good to hear. Hope it does some good.
Philip J Fry
AG
Should have had it yesterday when the left 11 stranded.
Big Al 1992
AG
Stayed for the whole thing and just got home. Best thing of the night was watching last 2 innings from the $4000 field box seats after everyone left. Those that stayed were loud and just having fun enjoying the fact that we were all at the World Series.

That said we were still hoping for some sort of rally at 8-2, pissed at all that went wrong but 10-11-12 runs was a beat down so we had to face reality.
redline248
AG
I just can't believe how many of you are ready to quit. This team is capable of winning 4 out 5. It might not happen, but don't give up already.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
redline248 said:

I just can't believe how many of you are ready to quit. This team is capable of winning 4 out 5. It might not happen, but don't give up already.
Im not ready to quit, I'm just exhausted and tired of our lack of production.

We absolutely can come back and sooner or later we're going to destroy their bullpen and/or expose their depth at starting pitching. Hopefully that comes Friday.

Until then, I am pissed, I am not happy, but I will root for the stros like I have since I was a kid.
Liquid Wrench
Big Al 1992 said:

$4000 field box seats
Holy ****
digging tunnels
AG
Not ready to quit but Nationals have been on fire since the NLDS. 8 straight wins. Clutch hit after clutch it. Our bats aren't capitalizing at all and doesn't help when your aces aren't doing good
VikingNik
AG
They have won 18 out of their last 20 and needed all of those just to make it to the post season. The Nats are on fire.
BMX Bandit
Beat40 said:

W said:

There I nothing Hinch can do with the bottoms of the order if they refuse to hit with RISP.

I'm serious though, what do you guys realisticallly want Hinch to do? He can't hit for these guys. These guys have to perform, and if they aren't, who else can he really go to that will perform better?

Radically change the order is W standard solution after just about every loss, but no actual suggestion is ever made
Wabs
AG
The good news is now we'll see what this team has deep down inside. They've certainly been humbled and frankly embarrassed on their home field.

Rudy T once said "Never underestimate the heart of a champion". Let's see if the Astros are anything remotely like the 95 Rockets.
threeanout
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Beat40 said:

W said:

Radically change the order is W standard solution after just about every loss, but no actual suggestion is ever made
For one, Greinke is going to hit in the nine hole and He is one of the better hitting pitchers. I would certainly think about starting Maldonado, as he has swung the bat well in his few post season AB's. So a suggestion was made. A radical suggestion would be to start Alvarez in left.
92Ag95
AG
I think those Walgreen's fckers made a deal with the devil....sometime around the bottom of the 8th in the NL wild card game.
CoachRTM
AG
Everyone needs to chill. Remember when Osuna intentionally gave up the tying HR to Lemahieu just to give the Yankees fans a little hope before we stomped it out in heartbreaking fashion? Same deal here.

Greinke is going to "earn" his trade in Game 3. Shutout win. Osuna "accidentally" gets one up and in on Soto.

Tucker is going to get a start and hit a Grand Slam in Game 4. AggieEE will be insufferable for an entire offseason.

Cole and Verlander back to Cy Young status in games 5 and 6.

We may not even need a Game 7.
gigemJTH12
AG
redline248 said:

havent read posts. not going to.

but you just need to win one of the next two. I honestly dont care which one.

then you have Cole and Verlander to get you to a game 7. yeah we will be facing good pitching vs them but both are capable of shutting that lineup down.

This thing is far from over.
Boiling Denim
This is a systematic issue imo

It shows in our record when trailing after 8 innings and it's shown in this WS and the last two ALCS

Our plate approach during crunch time sucks and it's not working

We will need a new perspective this offseason
Thinice
threeanout said:

BMX Bandit said:

Beat40 said:

W said:

For one, Greinke is going to hit in the nine hole and He is one of the better hitting pitchers. I would certainly think about starting Maldonado, as he has swung the bat well in his few post season AB's. So a suggestion was made. A radical suggestion would be to start Alvarez in left.

I've been saying Alvarez needs to get outfield experience all season.

Pretty stupid now since he would at least have a chance at the plate compared to Reddick.
First Page Last Page
Page 1810 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.