***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,855 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
cevans_40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags #1 said:

Think George's interviews says otherwise, that or George is wrong as well

Sorry but that was a great big steaming of BS Springer tried to feed everyone. He should have busted it and been holding Tuckers hand on 2nd when the ball was dropped. Then he could have walked (or hopped) to 3rd.
cevans_40
AG
AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

I don't disagree with your take but the whole notion of Tucker tagging from second on a ball to right-center field is just insane.... the last time I remember a tag from 2nd was Michael Borne (sp?) when a fly was hit to the hill. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong

Edit to add - tag from 2nd to home

Like I said it probably only happens in cases where you have a fast runner (which Tucker is), and a really difficult and deep hit to field.

The chance it happens may be more remote than I initially suggested, but overall the possible outcomes of him tagging are all superior to him getting a lead start...unless you think that Springer makes it to third if Tucker gets a running start, which I disagree with because Tucker was not in any way holding Springer back by tagging. Him sprinting at 100% he would not have been at second by the time the ball was dropped.

I am sorry but this is wrong. If the ball is hit deep and hits off the fence and then is fielded cleanly by RF, Tucker is out at home or held on 3rd. There is essentially no difference in being on 2nd or 3rd with 2 outs. Baserunning 101 and they failed. Hopefully it doesn't come back to seriously haunt them.
AggiEE
cevans_40 said:

AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

I don't disagree with your take but the whole notion of Tucker tagging from second on a ball to right-center field is just insane.... the last time I remember a tag from 2nd was Michael Borne (sp?) when a fly was hit to the hill. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong

Like I said it probably only happens in cases where you have a fast runner (which Tucker is), and a really difficult and deep hit to field.

The chance it happens may be more remote than I initially suggested, but overall the possible outcomes of him tagging are all superior to him getting a lead start...unless you think that Springer makes it to third if Tucker gets a running start, which I disagree with because Tucker was not in any way holding Springer back by tagging. Him sprinting at 100% he would not have been at second by the time the ball was dropped.

I am sorry but this is wrong. If the ball is hit deep and hits off the fence and then is fielded cleanly by RF, Tucker is out at home or held on 3rd. There is essentially no difference in being on 2nd or 3rd with 2 outs. Baserunning 101 and they failed. Hopefully it doesn't come back to seriously haunt them.

Tucker was already home by the time the ball reached the cutoff man on a play that was rather cleanly fielded after it was dropped. He would have still scored if it was fielded more efficiently.

How would it come back to haunt them? Tucker scored...
cevans_40
AG
AggiEE said:

cevans_40 said:

AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Tucker was already home by the time the ball reached the cutoff man on a play that was rather cleanly fielded after it was dropped. He would have still scored if it was fielded more efficiently.

Springer not running hard out of the box and getting to 3rd
Engine10
AG
Whatever. We lost. On to Game 2. The core of this team has seen enough game 7's to know that dropping the first holds zero about the the final outcome. Go get em boys
AggiEE
cevans_40 said:

AggiEE said:

cevans_40 said:

AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Springer not running hard out of the box and getting to 3rd

That's on Springer
tjack16
AG
As frustrating as tonight was. It's a 1 run loss in game 1 of the World Series

28 other teams would KILL to be in the position we are right now down 0-1 in the World Series
agsquirrel97
AG
It was a great atmosphere and I saw some good stuff from some people I didn't expect it from. Looked like we had a hell of a game plan to put a boat load of pitches on Scherzer and that was executed well. No way that bullpen contains us for an entire World Series.

They stole one from us but I am confident we are positioned well and will still get them in 6. I have never not caught up on the thread before, but after seeing 1 post from EE on the last page of the thread and quickly checking his profile to see about 60 posts during the game with about a total of 6 stars, I think I will skip the **** show that obviously happened.

Props to Tucker for getting a WS hit, I literally sat down after his first cut and told my wife, I guess we will have to do this in the 9th, cause this dude is a joke. He shut me up with a nice piece of hitting. I can only imagine the defensiveness of dad concerning his son's base running, I am sure that was epic logic defying conversation, so I will avoid it.

Glad the place didn't burn down with out me, y'all get some good sleep and be ready for the ass whipping that will commence tomorrow!
AggiEE
agsquirrel97 said:

It was a great atmosphere and I saw some good stuff from some people I didn't expect it from. Looked like we had a hell of a game plan to put a boat load of pitches on Scherzer and that was executed well. No way that bullpen contains us for an entire World Series.

They stole one from us but I am confident we are positioned well and will still get them in 6. I have never not caught up on the thread before, but after seeing 1 post from EE on the last page of the thread and quickly checking his profile to see about 60 posts during the game with about a total of 6 stars, I think I will skip the **** show that obviously happened.

Props to Tucker for getting a WS hit, I literally sat down after his first cut and told my wife, I guess we will have to do this in the 9th, cause this dude is a joke. He shut me up with a nice piece of hitting. I can only imagine the defensiveness of dad concerning his son's base running, I am sure that was epic logic defying conversation, so I will avoid it.

Glad the place didn't burn down with out me, y'all get some good sleep and be ready for the ass whipping that will commence tomorrow!

No **** show happened. Just a bunch of people like yourself eating crow about Alvarez & Tucker. I'm with you on feeling pretty positive for the series overall despite the L.

Glad you had fun at the WS. But with the loss, please stay home next time
safety guy
AG
We need Bregman to start hitting.
iBrad
AG
Burn-It said:

This game changed on Uncle Mike's poor D on Sotos hit off the lf wall.
Really bad effort

How was that a bad effort? You can't go full speed into that wall unless you want to miss the rest of the series.

It was a 3-2 count, so the runner on first was off with the pitch. Even if Brantley stops and plays it off the wall, it's a two-run double.

I'm not sure how that's on anyone but Cole.
agswin1988
AG
I wish the Aggies in the crowd would have started the ball 5 ball five chant. There was one sequence wher Max had it up to ball 7.

That would have been epic with that crazy crowd
AgsMnn
AG
safety guy said:

We need Bregman to start hitting.

I think they all need to hit. That's the problem. Hitting has been lackluster all the way through and not consistent between hitters. You can't leave runners stranded all the time.
gigemJTH12
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

AustinAg2K said:

It looks to me like Bregman is going up there to draw a walk. Maybe he's just under the assumption he won't see good pitches, but even when he does swing the swings look more like he's just trying to protect the plate. He doesn't really look like he's trying to drive the ball.

It doesn't help that every time he goes up there it seems like they call one borderline pitch a strike early in the count
yep. I felt like the ump was really good last night except for against Bregman. Which is absurd.
Nino Brown
Bottom line....we need shutdown JV tonight. Our lineup has been too erratic this post season. JV must leave no doubt or this series is over.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Not going to lie I am really worried after game 1, but I know we got this
wangus12
AG
Ugh Dallas sports radio can suck a dick. I already have to listen to the national media suck the Nats off.
96ags
AG
AggiEE said:

agsquirrel97 said:

No **** show happened. Just a bunch of people like yourself eating crow about Alvarez & Tucker. I'm with you on feeling pretty positive for the series overall despite the L.

Glad you had fun at the WS. But with the loss, please stay home next time
I don't think anybody needs to eat crow on Tucker just yet, he is who he is.

Your over the top love-fest is kind of cute, but can wear thin after a while.

He is a very talented player and it is easy to see why the Astros are very high on him, but his swing is too long for anything other than a get me over fastball. He hit a BP fastball for a single to center field last night. Nothing more, nothing less.

I believe his skill set will develop into a good big league outfielder, but he will have to adjust that swing at some point and that is not an easy thing to do.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm really starting to think that AggieEE is related to Tucker.

He should have been standing between 2nd and 3rd on the fly ball to center. If that ball was fielded cleanly after it hit the wall, he could have been thrown out at home.
CoachRTM
AG
Also, I think we're being a little tough on Springer, that ball is 20-30 feet out in the regular season.

Yes, he should have been running, but he (deservedly) thought he got it.
Big Al 1992
AG
I'm 2-0 this post season (Rays game 5, Yankees game 2). I'll be there tonight and I fully expect to be 3-0 afterwards.
Trust in JV!
Let's go!!
Take it back!!!
Philip J Fry
AG
Nino Brown said:

Bottom line....we need shutdown JV tonight. Our lineup has been too erratic this post season. JV must leave no doubt or this series is over.

Double digit LOB is not going to get it done. The offense has to start hitting. .
Ag_07
AG
Arguing the fact that Tucker would've scored by tagging from 2nd if the ball was caught is asinine. They got the ball in pretty quick as it was and it kicked around. You don't score from 2nd base on a fly out tagging.

Tucker actually screwed up by not going halfway and not watching the play. That's the correct thing to do. He got lucky he scored.

And honestly I think he screwed up and got lucky that they threw behind him and let him get to 2nd on the tag. He left before that ball was thrown to first. Worked out for us but not sure why he was tagging on a fly ball hit in front of him.

Tucker had a nice hit but he looked completely lost on the bases.
Wabs
AG
It's going to be very difficult to win this series without Bregman hitting at all and with Correa struggling. Six strikeouts between them is absolutely pathetic. Either they have to start producing or it may be good night Irene.
Boiling Denim
The plate approach difference between Soto and Bregman is shocking right now

Soto going up to mash. Bregman going up to drive up pitch count I guess...maybe walk...definitely not looking to put one on the railroad track
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Soto going up to mash. Bregman going up to drive up pitch count I guess...maybe walk...definitely not looking to put one on the railroad track

I will say it since no one else will. This is all on his new GF. He is soft now. Not full of piss and vinegar. He is calm down. How can we expect him to hit piss missle home runs when he is getting a steady helping at home?!
cablinaggie
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Boiling Denim said:

I will say it since no one else will. This is all on his new GF. He is soft now. Not full of piss and vinegar. He is calm down. How can we expect him to hit piss missle home runs when he is getting a steady helping at home?!

Username does not check out.
wangus12
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Nino Brown said:

Double digit LOB is not going to get it done. The offense has to start hitting. .
This. Even with Cole giving up runs last night, the offense had plenty of opportunity to put them away. They have to absolutely step their game up if we are going to win. It certainly looks like the Nats hot streak is still going some run production needs to be at a premium. Not this bull**** we've gotten in the playoffs. Our big names have been so poor outside of Altuve.
agproducer
AG
I hate to use this term, but tonight feels like it's a must-win. We need lock down JV.

Wabs
AG
agproducer said:

I hate to use this term, but tonight feels like it's a must-win. We need lock down JV.

VERY difficult to win this series with 2 losses at HOME with JV and Cole pitching. So, damn near a must win tonight.
Big Al 1992
AG
The fact that catcher interference is not reviewable is absolute crap. The entire reason for replay is to get the correct call.
crowman2010
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Boiling Denim said:

So...what you're saying is, his GF is toting the wheel barrow now?
gigemJTH12
AG
last night was so weird. Pretty much everyone played well except for the Cy Young and the MVP of the league.

if either of them have even close to their average game we probably win.
tailgatetimer10
AG
There's a bunch of things that culminate with this.

The catcher interference
Directly the next inning, a broken bat hit driving in rbi.
The line shots in the 9th with players in position

In those sequences I started to feel this game just wasn't ours.

Fortunately that's why we play 7
Frok
AG
We better rough up Strasburg tonight. I'm so tired of hearing how great every pitcher is against us.
First Page Last Page
Page 1756 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.