***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,573 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Are you saying Tucker would have tagged from 2nd?

That ball was hit deep, the play was difficult (possibly requiring the guy to dive, or jump to make a play). he would be VERY off balance...and Tucker is very fast.

I guess it's not a 100% sure thing, but given the difficulty of a catch in that scenario (let alone a catch + a clean throw), I think it's pretty likely.
no way in hell unless he caught the ball and knocked himself out
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
The negatives:
- Cole sucked
- Bregman and Correa had hat tricks
- 11 left on base shows that we continue to be incredibly un-clutch
- Springer should have easily had a triple but chose to stare at his pop up. He would have scored and we'd still be playing right now
- Brantley continues to not be a good outfielder
- Diaz is 0-8 in pinch hitting appearances in the postseason
- probably a ****load of other stuff I can't remember

The positives:
- we saw literally every arm that they will use in any type of high leverage situation except for G2 and G3 starters
- re-read that first one because it's huge
- Springer continues to hit in the WS
- Yuli continues to mash baseballs
- Yordan has a couple hits (except when they mattered, which has been my knock on him for a while now)
- Our bullpen continues to be dominant
threeanout
AG
AggiEE said:

threeanout said:

AggiEE said:

Quote:

(Tucker never should have been back all the to touch second, either)

I don't agree....Tucker tagging ensured that the run scored.

If he doesn't tag and the ball is caught (which there is a GOOD chance it could have been) then he likely doesn't score because he has to get back to 2nd and then tag.

It was absolutely a heads up base running move. I do not know what the announcers were smoking.
Have a hard time following what you are attempting to say.
2 scenarios:

1. Tucker standing on second...ball is caught, he scores. Ball is dropped, he scores.

2. Tucker NOT standing on second....ball is caught, he races back to second to tag and may not have enough time to score.
Now I really don't understand. He barely scored after the ball was not caught. He doesn't score if the ball is caught.
tjack16
AG
Not the best outcome ... but so thankful I got To go to a World Series game!
AggiEE
ttha_aggie_09 said:

AggiEE said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Are you saying Tucker would have tagged from 2nd?

That ball was hit deep, the play was difficult (possibly requiring the guy to dive, or jump to make a play). he would be VERY off balance...and Tucker is very fast.

I guess it's not a 100% sure thing, but given the difficulty of a catch in that scenario (let alone a catch + a clean throw), I think it's pretty likely.
no way in hell unless he caught the ball and knocked himself out
that's the kind of play it was looking like if he were to make that catch. Like I said, it's not 100%, and Pettis may have held him. Still think it was the right decision, because it would have at least given Tucker the POSSIBILITY of scoring if the play was incredibly difficult and he had to really lay out to make the catch.

Either way, he scores if the ball drops. And worst case in one scenario, he's at third. At best if the play is difficult, he has the possibility of scoring. The other option just makes the score to home easier if the ball drops, but eliminates any possibility of making a decision to possibly score if the catch & throw isnt pulled off cleanly.

Beat40
HossAg said:

Beat40 said:

HossAg said:

DVC2010 said:

96ags said:

Bregman saw good pitches tonight because Yuli is heating up.....

He did nothing with it.

Bregman saw no more than 2 good pitches tonight. Standing in stadium crowds now, but I'll fact check that later.

You had a ****ty view then.

DVC2010 posted all of the ball's Bregman saw in tonight's game. There were 2 that were really good and only 1 other that was remotely good.

Did you even look at the thread before making this comment?

I don't need to see that to know what I saw and know that Bregman isn't playing well. He's not fighting deep into the count, he's taking anything on the corners, and he just looks less confident. If you can't tell he's not playing as well, then you're just lying to yourself.

You responded to the fact that he said Bregman had no more than 2 good pitches to hit. You DID NOT say in your response that Bregman isn't playing well.

Therefore, I assumed you thought he saw much more than 2 good pitches to hit.

The conversation of if he's playing well is different than if he got any actual good pitches to hit. Again, did you read what he said before you posted?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Bregxit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Wasn't able to post during the game and couldn't read the thread, so was probably already disappoitned, but our base running outside of Tucker's tag-up, sucked.

If Springer is legging it out instead of watching his pretty fly ball, he ends up at third and we're in the 10th inning right now.

If Springer legs it out he is hung up between 1st and 2nd because Tucker was standing on 2nd tagging up.

This is a horrible take. It was criminal for springer to not be on third.

So would he have just run past Tucker? This is a very confusing take...unless you are saying George should have busted it out of the box AND Tucker didn't screw up by tagging? In which case I agree.

So you're telling me that Tucker could score from second when he was TAGGING but Springer couldn't make it to third if he actually even half ass ran on contact?

You like to play the "I'm cooler than you and your take sucks" card on here a lot, but you are straight up dead ass wrong on this one.
Burn-It
AG
Very positive, Alvarez waking up

Suckage going forward
Dead bats from Bregs, Alex
Pitching to Soto
AKA 13-0
Ags #1
AG
Same brantley outfielder that doubled off judge in game 6?
Beat40
I don't care if it's noodle arm Gardner out there, Pettis is not sending him around 3rd to home from standing on 2nd if the ball is caught. He's not sending Straw either.
iBrad
AG
A loss in the World Series is a better night than every other team in baseball except for one.

On to game two!
Marvin
AG
Here's my biggest negative- way, way, way too many SRO tickets sold for that sized stadium. The concourse was packed with fans standing any place they could see, people in long lines to buy food and beer, and then people trying to walk in both directions amongst them all. It was an absolute cluster****.

I don't like crowds, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. I don't think so though. It was a zoo.
Bregxit
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Wasn't able to post during the game and couldn't read the thread, so was probably already disappoitned, but our base running outside of Tucker's tag-up, sucked.

If Springer is legging it out instead of watching his pretty fly ball, he ends up at third and we're in the 10th inning right now.

If Springer legs it out he is hung up between 1st and 2nd because Tucker was standing on 2nd tagging up.

So would he have just run past Tucker? This is a very confusing take...unless you are saying George should have busted it out of the box AND Tucker didn't screw up by tagging? In which case I agree.

So you're telling me that Tucker could score from second when he was TAGGING but Springer couldn't make it to third if he actually even half ass ran on contact?

I never said Springer couldn't make it to third, just that it isn't a given because he is going to have to slow down and watch about halfway to second anyway. It is easy in hindsight to say he'd make it since we know how the ball bounced, but they don't know that so he isn't going to haul ass all the way to second with Tucker standing there.

Quote:

You like to play the "I'm cooler than you and your take sucks" card on here a lot, but you are straight up dead ass wrong on this one.
And you can suck my ****ing dick with this ***** The only person whose take I say sucks is AggieEE and that is a permanent position. If you can't handle a ****ing discussion about baseball then I'll gladly leave the thread if you want. **** you.
saltydog13
AG
Not to mention they were blanked in game 1 against the Yankees and won the next 3
Beat40
Bregxit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I never said Springer couldn't make it to third, just that it isn't a given because he is going to have to slow down and watch about halfway to second anyway. It is easy in hindsight to say he'd make it since we know how the ball bounced, but they don't know that so he isn't going to haul ass all the way to second with Tucker standing there.

Quote:

And you can suck my ****ing dick with this ***** The only person whose take I say sucks is AggieEE and that is a permanent position. If you can't handle a ****ing discussion about baseball then I'll gladly leave the thread if you want. **** you.

Come'on Nuke and Bregxit. Let's get this thing patched up. Let's not let a play that didn't decide the game break us.
AggiEE
Beat40 said:

I don't care if it's noodle arm Gardner out there, Pettis is not sending him around 3rd to home from standing on 2nd if the ball is caught. He's not sending Straw either.

It depends on how the catch & throw plays out. It's not an automatic thing. They'd judge it based on how the ball is fielded.

Look at that clip, the guy had to jump and was pretty banged up against the wall. It may have not been a clean catch. Once the ball is dropped, it doesn't take long for the backup outfielder to throw it in, and by the time it reaches the cutoff man Tucker is already home.

I just don't see how you argue against what Tucker did. By tagging immediately, he's either on third at a minimum if the ball is caught, or he scores anyways if the ball is dropped. There's also a possibility he could have tagged from second to home.

If Tucker gets a head start instead of tagging, he may score quicker if it's dropped (but he scores anyways in the other scenario where he tags), but he may also only be on second instead of third. It's worse all around.

Philip J Fry
AG
After today, I would be okay with Yuli switching with Bregman in the batting order. Breg's OBP is good, but we need sequencing and clutch hits more than anything.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
agproducer
AG
I think tonight was a wake up call. The Series is not going to be a cake walk.

Even with tonight's disappointment, there were still positives.

I still think the Astros take this in 6.
Kashchei
AG
agproducer said:

Why do we need a wakeup game in the WORLD SERIES?
AggiEE
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I mean, this just seems like an excuse honestly.

Watch the replay. The last thing Springer is looking at when that ball is hit is whether or not Tucker is on second. Unless Springer just assumed that Tucker was going to tag immediatley after he hit it. He's gotta go full speed from the get go and not worry about the runner.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
We didn't have a week off?
Ags #1
AG
Think George's interviews says otherwise, that or George is wrong as well
agproducer
AG
Kashchei said:

agproducer said:

Why do we need a wakeup game in the WORLD SERIES?
Because the Yankees series was hyped up to be the big one. The Nats may have been taken for granted since the Astros are favorites.
Burn-It
AG
This game changed on Uncle Mike's poor D on Sotos hit off the lf wall.
Really bad effort
AKA 13-0
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I don't disagree with your take but the whole notion of Tucker tagging from second on a ball to right-center field is just insane.... the last time I remember a tag from 2nd was Michael Borne (sp?) when a fly was hit to the hill. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong

Edit to add - tag from 2nd to home
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Bregxit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Bregxit said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Quote:

1) why would he not haul ass to second with tucker standing there? At that point either springer is out and tucker tags or the ball drops and they both keep running. I am willing to die on this hill.

2) I could have said it better by saying that you like to play contrarian. That said, you got a little too hostile here. Chill. Also, I don't want anyone to leave the thread, including those that I mostly disagree with. That's what makes it fun.
AggiEE
Ags #1 said:

Think George's interviews says otherwise, that or George is wrong as well

I just don't agree with his premise even if the guy is tagging on second. Bust your ass. You don't know what's going to happen throughout the whole exchange. And clearly when George hits the ball hes hopping around like crazy watching it as if it's going to go out.
Ags #1
AG
I get it. Go all in on your take and basically say springer is making up excuses. I'll go with springer on this one but do each his own
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Burn-It said:

This game changed on Uncle Mike's poor D on Sotos hit off the lf wall.
Really bad effort
while I am not thrilled with that play, it also changed on the three innings prior, when we left a thousand people on base.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I can't say that I've ever seen an MLB player tag from second base to home in an actual game...
wangus12
AG
All I know is that its mother ****ing game day and it's a must win with JV on the mound. The bats have to stop *****footing around and step the **** up. Show that you deserve what ****ing be here
Beat40
One positive - we may be getting Nuclear Springer. If we are getting him, watch out.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I can't say that I've ever seen an MLB player tag from second base to home in an actual game...
Im telling you it has happened in a few games but the only one I remember was Michael Bourn with a deep fly to the hill and that dude could run. This must have been 2008-09?
AggiEE
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I don't disagree with your take but the whole notion of Tucker tagging from second on a ball to right-center field is just insane.... the last time I remember a tag from 2nd was Michael Borne (sp?) when a fly was hit to the hill. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong

Edit to add - tag from 2nd to home

Like I said it probably only happens in cases where you have a fast runner (which Tucker is), and a really difficult and deep hit to field.

The chance it happens may be more remote than I initially suggested, but overall the possible outcomes of him tagging are all superior to him getting a lead start...unless you think that Springer makes it to third if Tucker gets a running start, which I disagree with because Tucker was not in any way holding Springer back by tagging. Him sprinting at 100% he would not have been at second by the time the ball was dropped.
First Page Last Page
Page 1755 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.