***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,795 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a fantastic story!

Just awesome!!
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

The issue I have with the Astros right now is that they need to get their PR shop in order.
I wouldn't be surprised if they limit media in the locker rooms to a very few trusted people.
aTm2004
AG
Deluxe
AG
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

The issue I have with the Astros right now is that they need to get their PR shop in order.
I wouldn't be surprised if they limit media in the locker rooms to a very few trusted people.
The Houston Chronicle writers are aggressively pushing all new info on this story on Twitter. Chandler Rome can't tweet about it enough (presumably because he links an article he wrote about Osuna back in May to half his tweets).

In the new media age, the Chronicle needs the Astros much much much more than the Astros need the Chronicle. I'll be interested to see if there's any access repercussions there.

There's just too many other good ways for fans to get info about the team these days.
annie88
AG
All he should've said was in my enthusiasm to support a player a false narrative has been put out there that I directed this comment at female reporters or anyone in general. That is not true, that never happened.

What he has said has made it worse. Cannot believe the Astros approved that.

I'm a former media person and believe me I know how words can be twisted and how a story can take off. This was poorly managed.
PhatMack19
AG
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

They said on the radio earlier that the MLB controls media passes for the postseason. The Astros do for the regular season and can control who gets passes. I believe one of the "witnesses" from the Chronicle had his pass revoked in the regular season last year after writing something disparaging about the team.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
third coast.. said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Why do I get the feeling that saying I'm a "progressive " "member of the community" is really saying, "don't attack me, my politics align with you critics"? Ugh, hopefully this story dies quick.

Because that's exactly what it is. Its saying GUYS IM REALLY ON YOUR SIDE DONT BE MEAN TO ME I REALLY DO SUBSCRIBE TO GROUP THINK. It's pretty sad and pathetic.
It worked for Trudeau.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Sitting at the bar in the Westin waiting for the gates to open. 4:00 can't get here soon enough...
Harry Stone
AG
Deluxe said:

aTm2004 said:

Quote:

The Houston Chronicle writers are aggressively pushing all new info on this story on Twitter. Chandler Rome can't tweet about it enough (presumably because he links an article he wrote about Osuna back in May to half his tweets).

In the new media age, the Chronicle needs the Astros much much much more than the Astros need the Chronicle. I'll be interested to see if there's any access repercussions there.

There's just too many other good ways for fans to get info about the team these days.

the chronicle is trash. im surprised people still subscribe to it.
wangus12
AG
Lol. ESPN thinks Max Scherzer is the best player in the World Series. Don't get me wrong, he is an absolutely incredible pitcher, but I don't see how anyone thinks if you had the choice, you don't take Cole.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27895576/ranking-all-50-players-astros-nationals-world-series
Beat40
I did not read the SI article.

Did it say what sparked the Taubman to being yelling what he yelled about Osuna?

The KHOU article I read said the none of the women asked Taubman about Osuna. Did it say if they asked Osuna anything directly?
PhatMack19
AG
11 pitchers - 14 position players

HossAg
AG
annie88 said:

All he should've said was in my enthusiasm to support a player a false narrative has been put out there that I directed this comment at female reporters or anyone in general. That is not true, that never happened.

What he has said has made it worse. Cannot believe the Astros approved that.

I'm a former media person and believe me I know how words can be twisted and how a story can take off. This was poorly managed.

You can continue to get pissed at people for getting offended by comments like this, or you can just accept that that is how it is and be pissed at our own guy for yelling dumb **** like that with reporters around. It's his fault at the end of the day whether you agree with people getting offended over it or not. Astros shouldn't have released that statement yesterday so fast when they'll have to back track later. Just a dumb situation all around that could have been avoided if this guy had kept his damn mouth shut.
JDUB08AG
AG
Here's to hoping their first trip to the WS turns out much like ours
annie88
AG
You are wrong.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
third coast.. said:

can you take sealed water bottles in to the juicebox?

Up to 1 L per person in a single sealed bottle.
bullard21k
AG
Do we exactly what he said?
Post removed:
by user
07ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

third coast.. said:

can you take sealed water bottles in to the juicebox?

Up to 1 L per person in a single sealed bottle.
and also a gallon ziplock of food

https://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/d25s7i/whats_your_spaghetti_policy/
https://ts.la/eric59704
bearkatag15
AG
aTm2004
AG
96ags
AG
Bregman should see some better pitches to hit this series.
bearkatag15
AG

The enemy
Farmer1906
AG

Because Julia >>>
gigemJTH12
AG
96ags said:

what are the changes?? I cant see it at work
Farmer1906
AG
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/astros-advantage-against-breaking-balls-could-be-key/

TL;DR - Both have elite pitching, but we can hit ball that bends, they can't.
Mr.Ackar07
bearkatag15 said:

The enemy
Outside of the Eaton to Kendrick spots, this lineup doesn't scare me. Then again the current Alvarez to Reddick spots in our lineup wouldn't scare me either.
bearkatag15
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

96ags said:

Springer
Altuve
Brantley
Bregman (oops)
Gurriel
Correa
Alvarez
Maldonado
Reddick
spadilly
S
Springer
Altuve
Brantley
Bregman
Gurriel
Correa
Alvarez
Maldonado
Reddick

Cole
Teddy Perkins
AG
bearkatag15 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

96ags said:

Springer
Altuve
Brantley
Bregman
Gurriel
Correa
Alvarez
Maldonado
Reddick
FIFY
threeanout
AG
No changes except Alvarez in 7 hole.
Ags #1
AG
Devo made the roster?0. For mop up duty i assume
Beat40
Ok. I finally read the SI article. It says none of the women were talking to Taubman or Osuna.

One of the issues I have with this story and the blow up is we don't really have any idea why it started. I don't doubt Tabuman screamed that, I just want to know what was the cause.
First Page Last Page
Page 1696 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.