***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,750,095 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by PSully97
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit said:




Point taken. My brain is not processing complex statements today...especially any math whatsoever.
Me either...
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
"They are going to fear when that helmet comes into town, because hell is coming with it."
Jimbo Fisher
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

"They are going to fear when that helmet comes into town, because hell is coming with it."
Jimbo Fisher
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dshedd41 said:



he had to go with phrasing of "sorry if anyone was offended"

is it too hard to just say something like "sorry for my actions, and am asking forgiveness from those i offended"?

sitrep: slightly better, but still bungled.
https://ts.la/eric59704
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Poor Taubman let Stephanie stick his balls in her purse. How sad.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07ag said:

dshedd41 said:



he had to go with phrasing of "sorry if anyone was offended"

is it too hard to just say something like "sorry for my actions, and am asking forgiveness from those i offended"?

sitrep: slightly better, but still bungled.
You have to assume that he didn't write that. I'd hope the Astros PR department wrote that and somehow approved that wording to be published.
EagleAg19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know we're all tired of talking about it. Notable because Passan normally has our back.

Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This attack is intentional. USA today also had a front page story today about a Singers Sexual Harassment right on stage! Turns out during a quiet moment someone heckled her.

There absolutely is an orchestrated war going on in this country and sports is a target. All you non political and liberal sports fans want have anything resembling today's sports in twenty years if we don't all wake the hell up!
Threadbare
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClickClack said:

bearkatag15 said:



Greatest. Hype. Video. Ever.


Love the "f*** altuve" chants. Got to hear all those in my ear all Friday night in the bleachers in NY, and harassed as we left. Such poetic justice.
New York fans have to work hard to be bigger a**holes than Philadelphia fans.

They're up to the challenge...
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EagleAg19 said:

I know we're all tired of talking about it. Notable because Passan normally has our back.




His poor bleeding heart
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since the playoffs expanded in 1995, 1 team that swept the LCS has gone on to win the WS, the Atlanta Braves in 1995, so teams that seept the LCS are 1-5.
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did the Braves have home field advantage?
Threadbare
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buck Compton said:

07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

anyone else feel way less stressed for this than the ALCS?

I guess its because of the opponent. Not that the Nationals are bad. They are really good. Its just that the Yankees are the Yankees. I did not want to lose to them of all teams. And their lineup and bullpen are typically terrifying.

Its just weird. I am way less stressed right now about the WS than I was going into the ALCS. I bet that changes tonight but still.

I wonder if the players feel the same.
I'm afraid people are overlooking the nats and not giving them credit for deserving to be in the world series.

their starting pitching is better than the yanks and our bats have been ice cold this postseason
The good thing is it doesn't matter one iota what "people" are doing or who fans are overlooking... Our team isn't going to overlook anyone and is coming to play tonight.

Their starting pitching is better than NY, but I don't think its any better than TB.
Their lineup is not in the same ballpark as NY.
Their bullpen is the worst we have seen all postseason.

If we play our brand of baseball, we win.
Washington's starting pitching is WAY scarier than NY's lineup...
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Washington's starting pitching is WAY scarier than NY's lineup...

I'm not sure about that but that is a damn good debate/discussion topic.
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
crowman2010 said:

BowSowy said:

Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.


Peacock and Urquidy would be on the roster no matter what. This comes down to Straw vs Devo/Abreu/Rondon. I like have that insane speed guy in your back pocket. Hinch likes having the extra pitcher just in case. That's fine, was just hoping for Straw.
Jake's been the guy he's opted for in a pinch run situation. I don't think we need two pinch runners
You're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. You get Yordan on base, you PR with Jake...then Chrinos gets on...you PR with Straw...George doubles, you win.

Therefore...I think you're wrong
You wouldnt PR for Yordan if he wasnt the winning run....thats just bad baseball
Harry Stone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agnzona said:

Did the Braves have home field advantage?


No, but a trio of HOFers in Madduz, Glavine and Smoltz.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mattress Mack is getting desperate to make a few more million in bets on the series



https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/betting/mattress-mack-wants-vegas-bookmakers-to-call-him-heres-his-number-1875470/
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now its 5 hours to first pitch.

Take it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. AGSPRT04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why do I get the feeling that saying I'm a "progressive " "member of the community" is really saying, "don't attack me, my politics align with you critics"? Ugh, hopefully this story dies quick.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Stone said:

Agnzona said:

Did the Braves have home field advantage?


No, but a trio of HOFers in Madduz, Glavine and Smoltz.
We have a possible trio ourselves. JV will make it. Greinke might and Jose is certainly well on the path.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

anyone else feel way less stressed for this than the ALCS?

I guess its because of the opponent. Not that the Nationals are bad. They are really good. Its just that the Yankees are the Yankees. I did not want to lose to them of all teams. And their lineup and bullpen are typically terrifying.

Its just weird. I am way less stressed right now about the WS than I was going into the ALCS. I bet that changes tonight but still.

I wonder if the players feel the same.
Lucky. Its the WS. I'm stressed as ****
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cpsencik04 said:

crowman2010 said:

BowSowy said:

Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.


Peacock and Urquidy would be on the roster no matter what. This comes down to Straw vs Devo/Abreu/Rondon. I like have that insane speed guy in your back pocket. Hinch likes having the extra pitcher just in case. That's fine, was just hoping for Straw.
Jake's been the guy he's opted for in a pinch run situation. I don't think we need two pinch runners
You're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. You get Yordan on base, you PR with Jake...then Chrinos gets on...you PR with Straw...George doubles, you win.

Therefore...I think you're wrong
You wouldnt PR for Yordan if he wasnt the winning run....thats just bad baseball
He'd be the tying run and absolutely you PR him for Yordan.
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07ag said:

dshedd41 said:



he had to go with phrasing of "sorry if anyone was offended"

is it too hard to just say something like "sorry for my actions, and am asking forgiveness from those i offended"?

sitrep: slightly better, but still bungled.
No, the "sorry if anyone was offended" was perfect and telling them to grow the eff up.
JRC0811
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Milkman said:

Jimbos Cow said:

Have any of you been to Nationals Park? Any fun things to see or do before the game?
The Navy Yard (where their stadium is) is a very fun area with a ton of bars and restaurants. Very walkable and right on a metro line.
I live in the DC area and will be at game 4... The Navy Yard is great as suggested and the stadium is very easily accessible from the metro. My suggestion would be to use the metro over driving in since you'd be going into DC and traffic can suck.

I saw there's a mac and cheese festival before game 4... I might end up going to that and then sit fat and happy behind right field.

https://wtop.com/business-finance/2019/10/a-mac-cheese-festival-for-nationals-game-4/

ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cpsencik04 said:

crowman2010 said:

BowSowy said:

Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.


Peacock and Urquidy would be on the roster no matter what. This comes down to Straw vs Devo/Abreu/Rondon. I like have that insane speed guy in your back pocket. Hinch likes having the extra pitcher just in case. That's fine, was just hoping for Straw.
Jake's been the guy he's opted for in a pinch run situation. I don't think we need two pinch runners
You're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. You get Yordan on base, you PR with Jake...then Chrinos gets on...you PR with Straw...George doubles, you win.

Therefore...I think you're wrong
You wouldnt PR for Yordan if he wasnt the winning run....thats just bad baseball
You'd PR for Yordan if he was the tying run if you have Jake and or Straw on the bench. That's smart baseball. Especially with 1 or less outs. Have to get the run in to stay alive in the 9th.
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But doesn't the metro close before nats games generally end?
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish I had that kind of cash to throw around.
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't mind the aggressive refute of the story last night from our PR team. The story read like something the reporter wanted to write in advance and she just needed to find the right person from the Astros org to needle a little (while drunk) and get him to say something disparaging. Journalism these days is advocacy/agenda first, then find details/facts that fit. Be bold/controversial/virtuous --> get clicks!

At the very least, the SI story lacked context. It was like "here's this incident that happened, but we're going to skip over alot of the context/details and get to the REAL point... which is <insert advocacy for domestic abuse and narrative that MLB doesn't care>.

The issue I have with the Astros right now is that they need to get their PR shop in order. To me, the only way the Astros came out looking bad is that they changed their reaction to the story, presumably after MLB stepped in and forced us to issue the Crane/Taubman statements. If we wanted to aggressively refute the story, that's totally fine. Just don't change your mind the next day.

The same thing kinda happened when we acquired Osuna to begin with. It didn't seem like we had much of an aligned plan to deal with the questions we were inevitably going to have to answer. It was like Luhnow didn't think reporters were going to ask questions our "double standard" of zero tolerance for domestic abuse while trading for a guy being accused of it. (I just recall that one interview session he had to cut short).

And the thing is, it's all worked out fine. Osuna got his peace bond. He served his suspension. He's been a very solid closer for us. And it sounds like he's well-liked in the clubhouse. He's done his part and IMO the Astros org doesn't have anything to be ashamed of as it relates to him. But when something happens on the periphery of the alleged domestic abuse misconduct, we strongly deny it, then we change our minds and concede, we're doing ourselves (and Osuna specifically) of a bit of a disservice.
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JRC0811 said:

The Milkman said:

Jimbos Cow said:

Have any of you been to Nationals Park? Any fun things to see or do before the game?
The Navy Yard (where their stadium is) is a very fun area with a ton of bars and restaurants. Very walkable and right on a metro line.
I live in the DC area and will be at game 4... The Navy Yard is great as suggested and the stadium is very easily accessible from the metro. My suggestion would be to use the metro over driving in since you'd be going into DC and traffic can suck.

I saw there's a mac and cheese festival before game 4... I might end up going to that and then sit fat and happy behind right field.

https://wtop.com/business-finance/2019/10/a-mac-cheese-festival-for-nationals-game-4/


O.M.G. That sounds glorious.
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't worry, by Friday no one will care about this story and nothing major will happen. The assistant GM might get suspended/let go, but that's about it.

With that said... BTHO WASHINGTON!!
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It actually stated that one of these female reporters was "shaken". Are you ****ing kidding me? If that shakes someone they have no business being in a sports locker room and honestly I don't think female reporters we should be anyway, but that's another topic.

This new generation of reporters and media people are so weak and both heart and mind it's disgusting. Life is apparently just too much for them to handle

They're pissed off at New York lost and they're trying to make up **** and skew the story to their liberal metoo BS.. There was no intent for him to say this towards women. This whole thing is bull*****
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

07ag said:

dshedd41 said:



he had to go with phrasing of "sorry if anyone was offended"

is it too hard to just say something like "sorry for my actions, and am asking forgiveness from those i offended"?

sitrep: slightly better, but still bungled.
No, the "sorry if anyone was offended" was perfect and telling them to grow the eff up.


He never should've apologized for inappropriate language. This whole thing is crap. He should've been more forceful in his words and said that he was praising a player and the intent that has been sitting waiting by the media is false. This is really bull**** apology. He's just making it worse.

Kind of weird timing to when you consider Osuma gave up the damn tying run.
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a bit of good bull for yall:

Some of you may know, I was trying to get $1,000 for my SEC 104 ticket to make myself even for the first two games of the WS. I wanted this price to be whole after the first game for the first two games of the series.

Reason being that we have a family friend who's wife has recently gone through some serious medical issues and racked up some pretty hefty bills. They wanted to go to a game in 2017, but couldn't afford it then, and definitely couldn't afford it today. I was lucky enough to find someone to buy the ticket at that price, and today I was able to tell our friend and his wife (on her birthday) that they are going to Game 2 of the World Series.

I've never seen a grown man cry like he did earlier. Pay it forward when you can Ags, thanks for all those that reached out to try and make a deal on that single. Really appreciate it!
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mac and cheese festival

There is such a thing? Oh my.