***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,634 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
smango05 said:

bearkatag15 said:

What the hell???

This is by far and away the dumbest story I've seen on the news in a month. And I watch a lot of news, and they have a lot of really dumb stories.

The lying media can go to hell. Pure fabrication this story. Butthurt New Yorkers, lying females. Disgusting

And it's very interesting that not one video of this has come up with all those reporters around..

Go Astros! #takeitback
annie88
AG
gambochaman said:

after watching that video i am ready to run thru a gdamnn brick wall...

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This!
Wabs
AG
**** Sports Illustrated
aTm2004
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Most Likely: Cole
Darkhorse: Yuli
Most Likely: Bregman
Darkhorse: Reddick
annie88
AG
aTm2004 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Most Likely: Bregman

Any Astro!
crowman2010
AG
That hype video...chilllllllllllllls
07ag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Most likely: altuve stays hot
dark horse: greinke, who picks up W's in games 3 and 7
https://ts.la/eric59704
TXAG14
Astros in 6.
Eso si, Que es
Astros in 6
MVP: whoever beans Soto, maybe that is why we put Devo on the staff?
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Most Likely: Springer
Darkhorse: Correa

Astros in 5!
Frok
AG
Quote:

Tucker
gigemJTH12
AG
anyone else feel way less stressed for this than the ALCS?

I guess its because of the opponent. Not that the Nationals are bad. They are really good. Its just that the Yankees are the Yankees. I did not want to lose to them of all teams. And their lineup and bullpen are typically terrifying.

Its just weird. I am way less stressed right now about the WS than I was going into the ALCS. I bet that changes tonight but still.

I wonder if the players feel the same.
Bregxit
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I guess its because of the opponent. Not that the Nationals are bad. They are really good. Its just that the Yankees are the Yankees. I did not want to lose to them of all teams. And their lineup and bullpen are typically terrifying.

Its just weird. I am way less stressed right now about the WS than I was going into the ALCS. I bet that changes tonight but still.

I am in the same boat. I was nervous about the ALCS because the Yankees, like it or not, are really a great team and were going to be a tough hurdle getting to the WS.

I think the Nats are going to be tough as well but I think having 2017, our first, in the bag takes my edge off a bit. I was a wreck two years ago. I feel pretty good this go round with the way things are lines up.

But like Iron Mike said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
07ag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I'm afraid people are overlooking the nats and not giving them credit for deserving to be in the world series.

their starting pitching is better than the yanks and our bats have been ice cold this postseason
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mathguy64
AG
Inside 5 hours to first pitch.

Take that mother****er back!
Wabs
AG
07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I'm afraid people are overlooking the nats and not giving them credit for deserving to be in the world series.

their starting pitching is better than the yanks and our bats have been ice cold this postseason
This is what has me a little worried. We've simply got to get the bats going. I feel we survived the Yankees without Breggy, Yuli, or Yordan doing as well as they can do.
Bregxit
AG
07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Counters:
- Our bullpen is above average; Their bullpen is non-existent.
- Our bats for the most part have been unlucky, not necessarily ice cold. We had a TON of outs on balls that were absolutely rocked. (See Yuli having an xBA of like .350 for the series)
- Our starting pitching is better than theirs.
Habanero Guero
CFTXAG10
AG
mathguy86 said:

Username does not check out
gigemJTH12
AG
07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

please dont take that the wrong way. I know 100% its going to be tough to beat them.

its just the intimidation factor. They dont have the offensive firepower the Yankees have. Its a really good offense. But the intimidation factor just isnt the same.
Buck Compton
AG
07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

The good thing is it doesn't matter one iota what "people" are doing or who fans are overlooking... Our team isn't going to overlook anyone and is coming to play tonight.

Their starting pitching is better than NY, but I don't think its any better than TB.
Their lineup is not in the same ballpark as NY.
Their bullpen is the worst we have seen all postseason.

If we play our brand of baseball, we win.
astros4545
AG
Our hitters will get to see their starters 3 times through the lineup rather than 2
The Milkman
AG
Good fact I heard this morning on the Nats pitching.

No one in their bullpen other than Hudson or Doolittle has seen any action all postseason. 90% of their postseason innings have been from their four starters (Scherzer, Strasburg, Borbin, Sanchez) and those two relievers. If we can get anyone else out there I love our odds of lighting them up.
ClickClack
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Greatest. Hype. Video. Ever.

Love the "f*** altuve" chants. Got to hear all those in my ear all Friday night in the bleachers in NY, and harassed as we left. Such poetic justice.
Bregxit
AG
astros4545 said:

Our hitters will get to see their starters 3 times through the lineup rather than 2

Maybe, probably. Sherzer and Stras are averaging right about 5 innings per start this postseason.
Buck Compton
AG
Bregxit said:

07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Counters:
- Our bullpen is above average; Their bullpen is non-existent.
- Our bats for the most part have been unlucky, not necessarily ice cold. We had a TON of outs on balls that were absolutely rocked. (See Yuli having an xBA of like .350 for the series)
- Our starting pitching is better than theirs.
I know the announcers were going a bit overboard with the praise, but the Yankees were very well-positioned all series.

The Nationals are among the lowest in the league in utilizing the shift, especially against our RHB.
Ag_07
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

please dont take that the wrong way. I know 100% its going to be tough to beat them.

its just the intimidation factor. They dont have the offensive firepower the Yankees have. Its a really good offense. But the intimidation factor just isnt the same.

Not that getting to the WS is good enough but with the expectations put on this team it would've been a really hard pill to swallow not getting here and only winning one playoff series.

At least for me...Now that we're here I can kinda take a step back and breathe a little bit and enjoy the moment.

Plus it's GM 1...Ask us all this question once we get into the series and see if you get the same responses.
agsquirrel97
AG
Keys to the series, make their starters throw lots of pitches and lots of high stress pitches with runners on. We cant count on lighting up the scoreboard early, just have to weather the storm and force them to use their bullpen as quickly as possible.

Funny thing is, they will need to have the same plan of attack against us. The winner of the series may be the team that can foul off the most pitches to extend AB's.
Bregxit
AG
The Milkman said:

No one in their bullpen other than Hudson or Doolittle has seen any action all postseason. 90% of their postseason innings have been from their four starters (Scherzer, Strasburg, Borbin, Sanchez) and those two relievers. If we can get anyone else out there I love our odds of lighting them up.

Suero, Rodney and Rainey all have innings this postseason.
Mathguy64
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

mathguy86 said:

Username does not check out
It will be inside 5 hours in 35 minutes. I'm inverse tape delayed at the moment
Shenaniganz
Have any of you been to Nationals Park? Any fun things to see or do before the game?
The Milkman
AG
Bregxit said:

The Milkman said:

Ok I guess I should have said "have barely seen any action". I said 90% of the innings have been the starters and those 2 relievers.

Of the 90 innings they have played so far, the rest of their BP has only thrown 9 of them.
The Milkman
AG
Jimbos Cow said:

Have any of you been to Nationals Park? Any fun things to see or do before the game?
The Navy Yard (where their stadium is) is a very fun area with a ton of bars and restaurants. Very walkable and right on a metro line.
gigemJTH12
AG
Ag_07 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

07ag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Not that getting to the WS is good enough but with the expectations put on this team it would've been a really hard pill to swallow not getting here and only winning one playoff series.

At least for me...Now that we're here I can kinda take a step back and breathe a little bit and enjoy the moment.

this 1000%. Same. I meant to add that in my post. Losing this would suck bad. But not getting here would have been such a big failure.
Bregxit
AG
The Milkman said:

Bregxit said:

The Milkman said:

Ok I guess I should have said "have barely seen any action". I said 90% of the innings have been the starters and those 2 relievers.

Of the 90 innings they have played so far, the rest of their BP has only thrown 9 of them.

Point taken. My brain is not processing complex statements today...especially any math whatsoever.
First Page Last Page
Page 1694 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.