***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,098 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is an ignore feature for a reason.
7nine
Frok
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.

Peacock and Urquidy would be on the roster no matter what. This comes down to Straw vs Devo/Abreu/Rondon. I like have that insane speed guy in your back pocket. Hinch likes having the extra pitcher just in case. That's fine, was just hoping for Straw.
03_Aggie
Tucker's no slouch on the base paths. Same for Marisnick.
Beat40
Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.

Peacock and Urquidy would be on the roster no matter what. This comes down to Straw vs Devo/Abreu/Rondon. I like have that insane speed guy in your back pocket. Hinch likes having the extra pitcher just in case. That's fine, was just hoping for Straw.

I think Hinch can afford to not have Straw since he has a healthy Jake this year.
BowSowy
AG
Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

Jake's been the guy he's opted for in a pinch run situation. I don't think we need two pinch runners
crowman2010
AG
BowSowy said:

Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

Jake's been the guy he's opted for in a pinch run situation. I don't think we need two pinch runners
You're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. You get Yordan on base, you PR with Jake...then Chrinos gets on...you PR with Straw...George doubles, you win.

Therefore...I think you're wrong
07ag
AG
third coast.. said:

Big Al 1992 said:

WES2006AG said:

What time do gates open today? I have SRO tickets and want to be there to get a spot as early as possible.

Gates open at 4 according to Astros Twitter. For those with SRO my perfect go to spot in 2017 was around 106-107. There is a beer station and you could stand in between it and the last row of seats. Scoreboard a little obstructed but see everything else unless ball goes in left field gap. Best - make friends with the beer station and you never have to wait in line. And only room for about 7-8 and only 1 row deep so no one standing in front or behind you

114 between the cheesesteak stand and the handicap seats
remember to stretch, you'll be standing there for many hours
https://ts.la/eric59704
03_Aggie
Well, if we're being honest, the chances of that scenario happening are about the same as Yordan's ALCS Batting average.
Frok
AG
Quote:

You get Yordan on base

lol

just kidding
Post removed:
by user
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

You get Yordan on base
You lost me here
wangus12
AG
Frok said:

Quote:

You get Yordan on base

lol

just kidding
Yordan only gonna launch missiles this series. Calling it now
ttha_aggie_09
AG
He's hitting at least one in a PH appearance vs their pen
Ag_07
AG
And when he does MMP is going to erupt
PhatMack19
AG
crowman2010 said:

BowSowy said:

Frok said:

Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

You're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. You get Yordan on base, you PR with Jake...then Chrinos gets on...you PR with Straw...George doubles, you win.

Therefore...I think you're wrong

If Altuve hadn't ended the series in the 9th, we would have been in a bind pitching wise with only Rondon and Abreu left for that game. In an extra inning situation especially with a designated bullpen game, we need the arms.

I was kind of surprised they went with Devo over Miley to at least have 1 Lefty in the pen that can eat innings if needed.
tjack16
AG
wangus12 said:

Frok said:

Quote:

You get Yordan on base

lol

just kidding
he's gonna launch one tonight
Mr.Bond
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Greatest. Hype. Video. Ever.

Goose ****ing Bumps
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Greatest. Hype. Video. Ever.
I was at the game in Pittsburgh back in 2013 when we didn't catch the pop up and the Pirates walked it off
titanmaster_race
Ag_07 said:

I don't know.

Hadn't even thought about straw. But you're right. Straw is faster than marisnick, but marisnick brings a level of defense the straw doesn't have. And that's been the most important facet so far.
shano0603
AG
wangus12 said:

Frok said:

Quote:

You get Yordan on base

lol

just kidding

He's gotta lay off Strasburgs curveball.
bullard21k
AG
Watching that hype video...

I never saw that camera angle of altuve fielding the grounder of last out in 2017 WS.

Didn't look like he got a real good grip on that thing
Mathguy64
AG
I just hope we paid Beltran $100K to spend 5 minutes with Yordan to get him fixed.
TREX01
Anybody got some free tix for games 3 or 4 laying around?
Wabs
AG
Yordan has to be aggressive early in the count. Many times they are throwing him a FB right down the middle on the first pitch. Alot of his HRs in the reg season came with a 0-0 count.
Alex Bregman
AG
TREX01 said:

Anybody got some free tix for games 3 or 4 laying around?

Sure, here's $1,000. Anything else I can help you with?
gigemJTH12
AG
Who is yalls MVP?

Most Likely: Cole
Darkhorse: Yuli
Mr.Bond
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Bregman, no question in my mind
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mathguy64
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Most likely: Tuve. It would be crazy to bet against that man.
agchugger
AG
Brainfart, confused Yuli and Yordan.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
If I remember correctly from my BB days, our AL playoff opponents' managers Kevin Cash and Aaron Boone barely missed being Astros teammates for the tiny window of time those two were in Houston. J.A. Happ was on that 2010 team too.

Cash used to bring a new can of Kodiak wintergreen every day leaving whatever was left behind in the dugout after the game. I decided I'd try it out for the first time late late after a game once and yacked shortly thereafter at the juice box. He got there on a retro jersey day *and didn't play so the MLB merchandise guy didn't take/sell the game worn jersey. Anyway, he asked if I wanted it. I rock that #36 'cash' tequila sunrise jersey all the time. He's a nice guy. Really liked him.

Only thing I remember about Boone, I didn't know him well at all because he wasn't there long, was that his wife was a smoke show and I believe a Playboy model(?) at the time.
gambochaman
AG
after watching that video i am ready to run thru a gdamnn brick wall...

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
annie88
AG
This BS the media is pushing today is bull***** Lying bull*****
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Springer
gigemJTH12
AG
mathguy86 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Who is yalls MVP?

Most likely: Tuve. It would be crazy to bet against that man.
only reason I went with Cole is its a much better matchup for him. I think he mows through this lineup. and chances are he gets to do it twice.

Altuve will be hitting against some great pitchers. I think he will be great, but relatively great.

In matchups between unfamiliar opponents, you have to side with pitching IMO.

So I think cole is most likely.
First Page Last Page
Page 1693 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.