***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,852 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This team and this thread is a drug. I've got stuff that I have to get done today.
Must stay away.
TREX01
agsquirrel97 said:

No matter what happens during the next 9 days, this roster will always have a special place for me. We are about to watch the last 4 to 7 games that this group of guys will play together.

Yes, we all expect them to win it all, and they will, but this has to be my all-time favorite assembly of talent.

I often laugh at my wife, she gets so emotionally attached to our players. My left brain always knew the FO was moving pieces to get to this roster and some people just had to leave to make room for the right pieces. However, reaching what I consider the pinnacle of talent and comradery in this era of MLB has allowed me to become emotionally attached as well.

I am going to enjoy every second of this World Series because, without the valleys, the peaks don't seem near as sweet. While I don't remember 80-81, I will never forget the anguish of 86 nor the missed opportunities of 97-05. I personally witnessed the '15 collapse against KC in game 5 and went to two of the 2018 ALCS losses against Boston. Not to mention the hundreds of other moments scattered between those playoff appearances. All of those moments, through childhood and adulthood, have put the recent success into perspective. Without the LeMahieu homerun, we don't get the Altuve walk-off. Without the taste in 2015, the core probably isn't ready in 2017. And without the thrashing in the 2018 ALCS, we may have collapsed this year against the Yankees.

I hope each and every one of us is able to really appreciate what we get to witness right now. A big thanks to Luhnow and the entire organization for setting a goal, a plan, and executing on it.

Now let's go win a championship and solidify this as the all-time greatest Astros roster.
I remember my first Astro game. Nolan Ryan vs Fernando Mania opening day 1985. I cried when the Mets beat us in 86 because I just knew that Scott had another no no in him to clinch game 7. Was at Caminiti's first game vs the Phils in '87. Numerous games in the 90's as our young core started to gel. The elation of landing Randy Johnson and the gut shot that Kevin Brown delivered. Finally breaking thru vs the Braves. Seeing Burke's homer and catching a foul ball that day. Watching Clemens and Mulder duel in St. Louis and Mulder toss a 10 inning complete game to beat us one April. Roy O shutting down the Cards to send us to the series. The utter disappointment of the sweep. The dark days followed by this wonderful group of characters that have mesmerized not only the city but people across the country. I agree that this is the most talent ever assembled in Houston and I too believe that we will come out on top. that will solidity this team as one of the all time greats, its a title they deserve.
BrokeAssAggie
Texas A&M
Ag_07 said:

Flag it as wrong forum and let staff clean it up.

The influx of new posters has brought with it an increase in the political BS that has absolutely no place here.
I think by all the published stories the last day, it does belong on this thread.
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

I will never forget the anguish of 86 nor the missed opportunities of 97-05.
I was 4 in '86, so don't remember that, but I recall always getting bounced by the Braves in the NLDS during HS and finally getting some revenge in '04. I remember times when they'd be playing during HS, and we'd stop by the coach's offices between classes to check the score as they had the game playing on the TV (no cell phones and internet was still dial up then). Good times.
Frok
AG
Furlock Bones said:

It's game day boys and girls.

MelvinUdall
It's a shame the roof is closed because of the perfect weather, however with it closed it will be loud.
cc10106
wangus12 said:

willie wonka said:

I saw on chron.com that Hunter Atkins (the guy who verified the women's claims) predicts the Nats will win in 6.
So he is THAT guy. The one in the local paper that picks the hometown team to lose all the time. Probably picked the Yankees in 5 as well.
**** him. Dude screwed up last year and paid the price and now has an axe to grind.
bearkatag15
AG

Greatest. Hype. Video. Ever.
bearkatag15
AG
Abreu off the World Series roster....

Devo is on it.
ccaggie05
AG
Ag_07 said:

Flag it as wrong forum and let staff clean it up.

The influx of new posters has brought with it an increase in the political BS that has absolutely no place here.
I haven't seen any politics (unless it was a one off or something) other than discussion regarding the Osuna story, where politics is very much involved.

But really, I feel like this is more about you not liking that there are more people around given the Astros are making a deep run in the playoffs, as if we aren't serious fans like those of you who have been on this thread all season. Plenty of us are fans, watch most of the games, yet don't really take part in daily discussions here. That doesn't make us any less of an Astros fan as you.
07ag
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
spadilly
S
Pressly on the roster.
CFTXAG10
AG
That was excellent! I loved the 2nd trailer with the **** Altuve chants synced up right before the walkoff G6 blast!
Frok
AG
Darn, I was slightly hoping for Myles Straw rather than an extra pitcher.
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

That was excellent! I loved the 2nd trailer with the **** Altuve chants synced up right before the walkoff G6 blast!
I updated my post with the youtube link that makes it one continuous video.
Wabs
AG
It baffles me why Rondon is on the roster. I guess there aren't many other options. That dude can't get through a clean inning so hopefully we don't expect or need him to.
dshedd41
S
https://instagr.am/p/B37IS6pJDxq
Gig’em Aggies!
TREX01
Have we seen a lineup for today?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
TREX01 said:

Have we seen a lineup for today?

welp that didn't work :/
Mr.Ackar07
Frok said:

I think our need for a bullpen day for Game 4 necessitates the need for an extra arm on the roster.
Marvin
AG
Frok said:

Darn, I was slightly hoping for Myles Straw rather than an extra pitcher. Rondon.
Ag_07
AG
C'mon...Get you ish together.

I never said any of that and as a matter fact I've never complained about who posts in here. If it adds to the conversation then by all means bring on the new posters. We all come here for good discussion.

What I don't like is politics being brought in here. Newcomers or regulars it doesn't matter, keep that crap off here. We all come here to talk Stros and get away from all that.

I just happen to happen to notice that it's popped up a few times in the past couple weeks with the influx of new posters.

Last I'll say of the issue.
Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

C'mon...Get you ish together.

I never said any of that and as a matter fact I've never complained about who posts in here. If it adds to the conversation then by all means bring on the new posters. We all come here for good discussion.

What I don't like is politics being brought in here. Newcomers or regulars it doesn't matter, keep that crap off here. We all come here to talk Stros and get away from all that.

I just happen to happen to notice that it's popped up a few times in the past couple weeks with the influx of new posters.

Last I'll say of the issue.

and get off his grass, you young whippersnapper!
Frok
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Frok said:

I think our need for a bullpen day for Game 4 necessitates the need for an extra arm on the roster.

Yeah I get it. Just seems there is a smaller chance of needing that 12th pitcher than having an extra pair of legs on the bench. But I guess we do have one extra bench player with the DH gone for games 3,4 5

titanmaster_race
I'm with ag07. I stay away from the politics board because I don't enjoy group think to the tune of "liberals ruin everything", "lol dumbass libs", and words like "libtard" and "virtue signaling". I'm not a liberal, but that place is just a cesspool of ignorance and hate.

Love the Astros and love this board, posters who have been regulars throughout the season and newcomers for the playoff run. Baseball is a snapshot of what makes America great. A fascinating sport that's a melting pot full of diverse backgrounds and personalities. And the Houston Astros are in the World Series! Let's enjoy this run.
Big Al 1992
AG
WES2006AG said:

What time do gates open today? I have SRO tickets and want to be there to get a spot as early as possible.

Gates open at 4 according to Astros Twitter. For those with SRO my perfect go to spot in 2017 was around 106-107. There is a beer station and you could stand in between it and the last row of seats. Scoreboard a little obstructed but see everything else unless ball goes in left field gap. Best - make friends with the beer station and you never have to wait in line. And only room for about 7-8 and only 1 row deep so no one standing in front or behind you
gougler08
AG
Frok said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Frok said:

Yeah I get it. Just seems there is a smaller chance of needing that 12th pitcher than having an extra pair of legs on the bench. But I guess we do have one extra bench player with the DH gone for games 3,4 5

Did Straw even play in the ALCS? We always just pinch ran Jake so we might as well carry another pitch if that's our strategy
Ag_07
AG
I don't know.

We've now played in 2 series (11 games) and I'm not sure I can think of one instance when I've said 'Man I really wish we had Straw out there' but I can certainly think of a few when I've thought 'Man it's nice to have Peacock and Urquidy to throw at them'.
R-Dog
AG
Frok said:

Especially when the extra pitcher is Devo.
WES2006AG
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

WES2006AG said:

What time do gates open today? I have SRO tickets and want to be there to get a spot as early as possible.

Gates open at 4 according to Astros Twitter. For those with SRO my perfect go to spot in 2017 was around 106-107. There is a beer station and you could stand in between it and the last row of seats. Scoreboard a little obstructed but see everything else unless ball goes in left field gap. Best - make friends with the beer station and you never have to wait in line. And only room for about 7-8 and only 1 row deep so no one standing in front or behind you
That sounds like awesome advice. Thanks for the info.
Ag_07
AG
Straw wasn't even on the ALCS roster

For the WS we dropped Abreu for Devo
Anti-taxxer
AG
bearkatag15 said:

What the hell???

This is by far and away the dumbest story I've seen on the news in a month. And I watch a lot of news, and they have a lot of really dumb stories.
rausr
AG
It's nice having that speed at 2nd base - ala Fisher last time - but with the advent of the bullpen game, the extra arm does make more sense.
Sid Farkas
AG
I'd like to lodge a formal complaint about the people who incessantly complain about the people posting politics here. This is a place for discussing baseball not complaining about other posters...Unless of course it's me doing the complaining
First Page Last Page
Page 1692 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.