***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,716,782 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by PSully97
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Roll call for WS Game 1 at Minute Maid Park! Who's going, and more importantly- where are we all going to meet up, shake hands, have a beer and call each other idiots in person?!

I'm thinking the St. Arnold beer stand by the Union Station team store. I'll be there by 5:15pm wearing my rainbow shorts.
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

"Thank God we got Osuna! I'm so f------ glad we got Osuna!"
Was Taubman grabbing his nuts and gesturing at these reporters while screaming this at them? My goodness, without any context if this quote was just in defense of Osuna after questions about the blown save then they need to get the **** over it. Until some video or audio surfaces this just needs to die.

Bigger fish to fry. BTHO Washington!
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shife said:

Northeastern lib reporters are the worst. This is not about sexual assault; it's about getting their names out there so they can ride the 15 minutes to something bigger. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Apparently two of the "reporters" and I can't keep a straight face calling them that are Hannah Keyset and Stephanie Apstein. Both live in NY.

Textbook virtue signaling.
Posts like these make me miss AggiEE telling me that even though Yordan Alvarez is for 1-for-70 with 59 strikeouts, he should be batting cleanup.
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Roll call for WS Game 1 at Minute Maid Park! Who's going, and more importantly- where are we all going to meet up, shake hands, have a beer and call each other idiots in person?!

I'm thinking the St. Arnold beer stand by the Union Station team store. I'll be there by 5:15pm wearing my rainbow shorts.



I'll be there. But be ready, that entire concourse area will be nearly impossible to walk through prior to and during the game. It will be insanely packed.
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marvin said:

Roll call for WS Game 1 at Minute Maid Park! Who's going, and more importantly- where are we all going to meet up, shake hands, have a beer and call each other idiots in person?!

I'm thinking the St. Arnold beer stand by the Union Station team store. I'll be there by 5:15pm wearing my rainbow shorts.

I'll be there in my Astros jersey.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flag it as wrong forum and let staff clean it up.

The influx of new posters has brought with it an increase in the political BS that has absolutely no place here.
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
let's go back to talking about how much yankee fans suck, at least for one more moment

https://ts.la/eric59704
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's game day boys and girls.

Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some useful info for all you lucky SOBs heading to the game tonight and tomorrow.

http://instagr.am/p/B357TIsA7EH
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to game 1 and 2
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

Going to game 1 and 2
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me and my surgically repaired knee will be sitting in a comfy chair at home. I'm drinking free bourbon though and will have a free hot dog for dinner in the 1st inning so I got that going for me.

10 hours to first pitch.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYN5CUsXj1s&feature=share
979ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best part about being in college? Getting out of an exam at noon today and can start pounding Crawford Bock's for the next 10 hours. WORLD SERIES BABY LFG
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What time do gates open today? I have SRO tickets and want to be there to get a spot as early as possible.
Shenaniganz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Astros going for the sweep! Mostly because I have tickets to game 4 and would love to celebrate with them. Either way, I just hope the Astros win Game 4!

#TakeItBack
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texaggie7nine said:

Marvin said:

Roll call for WS Game 1 at Minute Maid Park! Who's going, and more importantly- where are we all going to meet up, shake hands, have a beer and call each other idiots in person?!

I'm thinking the St. Arnold beer stand by the Union Station team store. I'll be there by 5:15pm wearing my rainbow shorts.

I'll be there in my Astros jersey.
see yall there!
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Roll call for WS Game 1 at Minute Maid Park! Who's going, and more importantly- where are we all going to meet up, shake hands, have a beer and call each other idiots in person?!

I'm thinking the St. Arnold beer stand by the Union Station team store. I'll be there by 5:15pm wearing my rainbow shorts.



Look for me. I'll be wearing a white Springer 2017 World Series Jersey with gold letters and numbers.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Judge Judy would agree. She doesn't like all the P.C. stuff either
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lol I'm out of college and I still do that
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat the gnats.
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No matter what happens during the next 9 days, this roster will always have a special place for me. We are about to watch the last 4 to 7 games that this group of guys will play together.

Yes, we all expect them to win it all, and they will, but this has to be my all-time favorite assembly of talent.

I often laugh at my wife, she gets so emotionally attached to our players. My left brain always knew the FO was moving pieces to get to this roster and some people just had to leave to make room for the right pieces. However, reaching what I consider the pinnacle of talent and comradery in this era of MLB has allowed me to become emotionally attached as well.

I am going to enjoy every second of this World Series because, without the valleys, the peaks don't seem near as sweet. While I don't remember 80-81, I will never forget the anguish of 86 nor the missed opportunities of 97-05. I personally witnessed the '15 collapse against KC in game 5 and went to two of the 2018 ALCS losses against Boston. Not to mention the hundreds of other moments scattered between those playoff appearances. All of those moments, through childhood and adulthood, have put the recent success into perspective. Without the LeMahieu homerun, we don't get the Altuve walk-off. Without the taste in 2015, the core probably isn't ready in 2017. And without the thrashing in the 2018 ALCS, we may have collapsed this year against the Yankees.

I hope each and every one of us is able to really appreciate what we get to witness right now. A big thanks to Luhnow and the entire organization for setting a goal, a plan, and executing on it.

Now let's go win a championship and solidify this as the all-time greatest Astros roster.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

What time do gates open today? I have SRO tickets and want to be there to get a spot as early as possible.
They opened 9 hours ago.
willie wonka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw on chron.com that Hunter Atkins (the guy who verified the women's claims) predicts the Nats will win in 6.
Eso si, Que es
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

I think we know what we're gonna get out of Cole and JV in Gms 1 and 2 but Grienke is a bit different. So I went and looked at his career numbers in Nationals Park

He's made a total of 4 starts...

2013 w LAD - 6 IP, 7 hits, 3 BBs, 3 Ks, 0 HRs, 1 R (1 ER)
2014 w LAD - 3 IP, 5 hits, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR, 2 R (2 ER),
2015 w LAD - 8 IP, 3 hits, 1 BB, 11 Ks, 0 HRs, 0 R
2019 w ARI - 7.1 IP, 2 hits, 0 BB, 3 Ks, 0 HRs, 0 R

Safe to say I think he's comfortable there.
Look, we know Grienke swings a hell of a bat, but what are his pitching stats?
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
willie wonka said:

I saw on chron.com that Hunter Atkins (the guy who verified the women's claims) predicts the Nats will win in 6.
So he is THAT guy. The one in the local paper that picks the hometown team to lose all the time. Probably picked the Yankees in 5 as well.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

No matter what happens during the next 9 days, this roster will always have a special place for me. We are about to watch the last 4 to 7 games that this group of guys will play together.

Yes, we all expect them to win it all, and they will, but this has to be my all-time favorite assembly of talent.

I often laugh at my wife, she gets so emotionally attached to our players. My left brain always knew the FO was moving pieces to get to this roster and some people just had to leave to make room for the right pieces. However, reaching what I consider the pinnacle of talent and comradery in this era of MLB has allowed me to become emotionally attached as well.

I am going to enjoy every second of this World Series because, without the valleys, the peaks don't seem near as sweet. While I don't remember 80-81, I will never forget the anguish of 86 nor the missed opportunities of 97-05. I personally witnessed the '15 collapse against KC in game 5 and went to two of the 2018 ALCS losses against Boston. Not to mention the hundreds of other moments scattered between those playoff appearances. All of those moments, through childhood and adulthood, have put the recent success into perspective. Without the LeMahieu homerun, we don't get the Altuve walk-off. Without the taste in 2015, the core probably isn't ready in 2017. And without the thrashing in the 2018 ALCS, we may have collapsed this year against the Yankees.

I hope each and every one of us is able to really appreciate what we get to witness right now. A big thanks to Luhnow and the entire organization for setting a goal, a plan, and executing on it.

Now let's go win a championship and solidify this as the all-time greatest Astros roster.
hey if you have tickets to the word series...do us all a favor and sell them please
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Game 1. LFG.

astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

willie wonka said:

I saw on chron.com that Hunter Atkins (the guy who verified the women's claims) predicts the Nats will win in 6.
So he is THAT guy. The one in the local paper that picks the hometown team to lose all the time. Probably picked the Yankees in 5 as well.


All of the new guys are like that
Chandler Rome ...terrible
Hunter Atkins....despicable
Jake Kaplan....atrocious
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Roll call for WS Game 1 at Minute Maid Park! Who's going, and more importantly- where are we all going to meet up, shake hands, have a beer and call each other idiots in person?!

I'm thinking the St. Arnold beer stand by the Union Station team store. I'll be there by 5:15pm wearing my rainbow shorts.

I'll be there! I have a shopping list for people who want merchandise (thank God for venmo) so I'll be at the team store a bit pregame
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
willie wonka said:

I saw on chron.com that Hunter Atkins (the guy who verified the women's claims) predicts the Nats will win in 6.


What the hell? Get this guy the **** outta here like Bregman said.
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

No matter what happens during the next 9 days, this roster will always have a special place for me. We are about to watch the last 4 to 7 games that this group of guys will play together.

Yes, we all expect them to win it all, and they will, but this has to be my all-time favorite assembly of talent.

I often laugh at my wife, she gets so emotionally attached to our players. My left brain always knew the FO was moving pieces to get to this roster and some people just had to leave to make room for the right pieces. However, reaching what I consider the pinnacle of talent and comradery in this era of MLB has allowed me to become emotionally attached as well.

I am going to enjoy every second of this World Series because, without the valleys, the peaks don't seem near as sweet. While I don't remember 80-81, I will never forget the anguish of 86 nor the missed opportunities of 97-05. I personally witnessed the '15 collapse against KC in game 5 and went to two of the 2018 ALCS losses against Boston. Not to mention the hundreds of other moments scattered between those playoff appearances. All of those moments, through childhood and adulthood, have put the recent success into perspective. Without the LeMahieu homerun, we don't get the Altuve walk-off. Without the taste in 2015, the core probably isn't ready in 2017. And without the thrashing in the 2018 ALCS, we may have collapsed this year against the Yankees.

I hope each and every one of us is able to really appreciate what we get to witness right now. A big thanks to Luhnow and the entire organization for setting a goal, a plan, and executing on it.

Now let's go win a championship and solidify this as the all-time greatest Astros roster.
hey if you have tickets to the word series...do us all a favor and sell them please
I am going tonight. I did not put my highlight games in there, as this post was discussing the trials and tribulations our team and fanbase have experienced.

Astros are 7-4 in playoff games I have attended.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's only one thing left to do

Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

What time do gates open today? I have SRO tickets and want to be there to get a spot as early as possible.


I'd probably get there now.