***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,494 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Eso Si, Que Es?
How long do you want to ignore this user?
irish pete ag06 said:

Not a big jersey guy

Is this your way of telling us that you are a Jersey Girl?
iBrad
AG
Eso Si, Que Es? said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Not a big jersey guy

Or he likes to wear small jerseys to highlight the physique.
BrokeAssAggie
Jimbos Cow said:

So the wife just surprised me with two world series tickets to Game 4!!! I live in VA so DC is the closest team to me. Hopefully we sweep the Nats and I can see the celebration live! #TakeItBack!,!

Wow!! You need to pleasure her as a thank you. Sounds like you got a keeper!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
n_touch said:

The other version had the championship logo instead of the roaster in the top spot. I kind of like this since you can instantly look at it and the scores bring back memories from all the games. I have a couple different ideas in mind, just wanted some feedback from everyone on here.

Personally I think the championship logo and earn it looks best. Could the Roster be added on the back for memory sake?

Then for this year you'd have the take it back and the new WS logo then all of the game scores. Then again do the roster on the back.

Also could a '17 version be offered as a package maybe for those who drug our feet? If we're luck enough to pull it out again that is!
McInnis
AG
This sure has a different feeling for me than on the eve of the 2017 WS. I was pretty nervous then. I guess I thought that might be the last chance of my life to see the Astros win it all. And I didn't know how they could match up against the greatest of all time Dodgers pitching staff. Now I'm just looking forward to getting it started.

Fun fact of the day. "Mr. October " Reggie Jackson had 18 home runs in 77 post season games. Altuve has 13 in just 41 games.
bearkatag15
AG

What the hell???

Kashchei
AG
Safe at Home said:

This sure has a different feeling for me than on the eve of the 2017 WS. I was pretty nervous then. I guess I thought that might be the last chance of my life to see the Astros win it all. And I didn't know how they could match up against the greatest of all time Dodgers pitching staff. Now I'm just looking forward to getting it started.

Fun fact of the day. "Mr. October " Reggie Jackson had 18 home runs in 77 post season games. Altuve has 13 in just 41 games.

I'm the opposite. I thought in 2017 we were playing with house money. Now that we have expectations on us (best team in baseball) I'm super nervous.

(I know, get a dog...)
irish pete ag06
AG
iBrad said:

Eso Si, Que Es? said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Not a big jersey guy

Or he likes to wear small jerseys to highlight the physique.
I like em extra smedium.
irish pete ag06
AG
Eso Si, Que Es? said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Not a big jersey guy

Don't make me take out my hoop earrings.
Pahdz
MosesHallRAB04 said:

redline248 said:

Does he only sometimes grab his crotch like he did in the cardinals series?

If he does the nut grab against JV it Cole and there is a comfortable lead I'd expect a bow tie. Or one in his ribs

Even with a comfortable lead, you really expect a team that issued no IBB's all season is going to give a free bag in the world series to someone? Doubtful
FrioAg 00
AG
Another reporter that's always looking to take out her own "justice" rather than accept what a court or a private league determined was appropriate.

The guy gave up millions in addition to the time away from baseball and the public embarrassment, but she's personally determined that isn't enough.

I'm sure the front office and all those others around him get pretty defensive when encountering this crap all the time.
Sex Panther
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I wish more outlets would take this approach. Stop apologizing out of fear. Call bull**** when you see it. People are fed up. So sick of irresponsible media members trying to inject themselves into stories, or just flat out create them.
astros4545
AG
Bingo
n_touch
I can. I have a couple different designs that I am working on as well as a bat/pennant set up to hang on a wall. I will post when I finish them.
suburban cowboy
AG
Astros just said called SI Fake News... didn't think it was possible to love this franchise any more than I already did
Mr.Bond
AG
I've bought the cups and plaque from you in 2017. Absolutely love them, would love any opportunity to get whatever you cook up next
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

AgSportsFan89
AG
Sex Panther said:

bearkatag15 said:

I wish more outlets would take this approach. Stop apologizing out of fear. Call bull**** when you see it. People are fed up. So sick of irresponsible media members trying to inject themselves into stories, or just flat out create them.
Agreed. The premise to Taubman's "outburst" being completely out of nowhere and directed to women (with one wearing domestic violence awareness apparel) just sounds so ludicrously unbelievable. This reeks of fabrication and I am very glad to see the Astros draw a line in the sand. There is no room for this kind of negligent baiting.
Charlie Conway
this is my best guess at what happened:

report goes into the clubhouse with a point to prove, asks a loaded question, something along the lines of "is this celebration worth having a domestic abuser on the team?" Then someone who is most likely drunk and very jacked up on adrenaline gets angry at question and makes a scene, bingo bango
Post removed:
by user
gigemJTH12
AG
The outrage from that article is STRONG.

1) the three women are reporters...is this the 1950's? Are they transcribing all quotes? All would have a camera or tape recorder

2) why would he say that to begin with, right after osuna blew the game

3) why would he GAF about them and that after winning the ALCS

4) in his position, he knows the last place he could ever say something like that is to the MEDIA in the biggest spotlight in the world. I refuse to believe he's that dumb.

5) of course everyone on the internet takes it as 100% fact at face value and says the Astros statement is BS
astros4545
AG
Why is the story coming out 48 hours after it happens

These women are miserable fat swine
Deluxe
AG
Is it possible that Luhnow is tired of our Asst GMs leaving and taking the Astros' org secrets elsewhere so he framed Taubman with a crime that makes him not fireable by the Astros but too risky for anyone else to lure away?
Ags #1
AG
Hunter atkins supposedly says he saw it happen and wished he would have said something. Via his twitter. Same guy who tweeted about dallas getting out of team photo day
Ags #1
AG
Holy conspiracy theory
Deluxe
AG
Hopefully a video surfaces sooner rather than later so we can put this to rest.

Part of me thinks there has to be a video, otherwise the Astros wouldn't have put out such a bold statement.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Deluxe said:

Is it possible that Luhnow is tired of our Asst GMs leaving and taking the Astros' org secrets elsewhere so he framed Taubman with a crime that makes him not fireable by the Astros but too risky for anyone else to lure away?
No, Luhnow is a pioneer and the dudes leaving might have an edge on other teams, but the stros will continue to evolve and lead the league.
Post removed:
by user
n_touch
third coast.. said:

This bull**** line in the article is all you need to know to realize that thia kind of thing will never stop. Trash people.

"The Astros may win another World Series. But that doesn't mean they get to decide when the backlash ends."
They should go talk to the Yankees about Chapman
astros4545
AG
Why is someone wearing an anti women abuse clothing as a job working in sports reporting

Is Christine Blaise's Ford working for SI now
rsf0626
Houston Chronicle writer who was actually in the locker room said the SI article is true, so not fake news. Bad look for the organization to release that statement. Should have actually taken the time to investigate first before saying something stupid
rsf0626
gigemJTH12
AG
rsf0626 said:

Houston Chronicle writer who was actually in the locker room said the SI article is true, so not fake news. Bad look for the organization

You mean the guy whose twitter bio says "NYC native"??

And another person who didn't have video or audio?

Yeah definitely true now!

Sid Farkas
AG
rsf0626 said:

Houston Chronicle writer who was actually in the locker room said the SI article is true, so not fake news. Bad look for the organization to release that statement. Should have actually taken the time to investigate first before saying something stupid
I'm activating the 48 hour rule
Ags #1
AG
Huntet atkins is a native new yorker and been banned from locker room previously right?
JCA1
AG
astros4545 said:

Why is someone wearing an anti women abuse clothing as a job working in sports reporting

Is Christine Blaise's Ford working for SI now

Well, she did win SI's courage award last year. Seriously.
JCA1
AG
No idea what happened in the locker room and booze was flowing which can lead to poor choices. But the idea that a MLB exec would pick the ALCS championship celebration to harass women about domestic violence makes no sense from any perspective. Gotta be on camera somewhere so I guess we'll find out at some point.
First Page Last Page
Page 1688 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.