***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,742 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol, thanks. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Astros free agents
agsquirrel97
AG
Sex Panther said:

Is there an official Dallas watch party/spot?
Not sure, but the official Cole watch party is at Minute Maid.

LG
bearkatag15
AG

If Corbin has to pitch out of the bullpen that is nuts. I think they only have 2 reliable bullpen arms though.
Mr.Ackar07
bearkatag15 said:

If Corbin has to pitch out of the bullpen that is nuts. I think they only have 2 reliable bullpen arms though.
Just Doolittle and Hudson. Doolittle is like Osuna, really good at times and hang on to your butts at other times. Hudson has been more like Harris. But instead of James, Smith, and Peacock/Urquidy, they have a bunch of 2017 Tony Sipps.
exp
AG
Was personally hoping to see the Verlander/Sherzer showdown of alpha males. Cole and Strasburg seem like the peaking aces, no?

How do y'all feel about these matchups?
Pahdz
if one was to just fly down tomorrow just to go to game 1 alone, would finding 1 ticket be easier or more difficult say an hour before the game?
Post removed:
by user
Pahdz
where? sorry if I missed an earlier post
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
RC_57 said:

Need some help y'all

Wife & I are in Rome for a few days starting on her birthday (10/22), the onto Florence until next week.

Anyone know of either a late night bar in Rome that might Show the game, Or suggests a streaming service (Billasport maybe?) where we could watch on our IPads?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
What sort of selfish ******* are you to pick your wife over the Astros?

I know this is hard to believe, but if you type "watch baseball in Rome" in this fancy new website "Google", your problem can be solved in about 0.03 seconds.

https://www.highlanderome.com/45-american-sports-live
Post removed:
by user
Kashchei
AG
I think it will be an extremely tight pitching duel most of the series (and I still think our bats struggle). I would love nothing more than for us to just come out and hammer these fools and win the series 4-0 or 4-1.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd like that too, but that's probably the same mentality that Dodger and Cardinal fans had. They've captured lightning in a bottle for 2 weeks. Hopefully the best team in baseball is the one that uncorks their asses ... wait, that came out weird.
jrod2181
Ready to go tomorrow here in Tallahassee

Beat40

Yeah, that's going to get annoying REAL quick.

Edit for I hope GC, JV, and ZG clown that mug.
redline248
AG
Those shoes are sweeeet
979ag
AG
I didn't know Carlos Gomez played for the Nats
jkag89
Beat40 said:

Bob Gibson's version of "Let the Kids Play" would be plunking Soto in the ribs for such antics.
spadilly
S
jkag89 said:

Beat40 said:

Bob Gibson's version of "Let the Kids Play" would be plunking Soto in the ribs for such antics.

I'd like to think JV has some of that in him and won't be afraid to use it
Mathguy64
AG
As explained and taught from Satchel Paige to Nolan Ryan and from Nolan to JV, Mr Soto would be getting a bowtie pitch. It would be glorious.
Kashchei
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'd like that too, but that's probably the same mentality that Dodger and Cardinal fans had. They've captured lightning in a bottle for 2 weeks. Hopefully the best team in baseball is the one that uncorks their asses ... wait, that came out weird.

I still think we're owed karma from 2005. That sweep was bull*****..
Farmer1906
AG
If Pressly can't go, I may know a guy who can throw a few curveballs.

redline248
AG
Does he only sometimes grab his crotch like he did in the cardinals series?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
redline248 said:

Does he only sometimes grab his crotch like he did in the cardinals series?

If he does the nut grab against JV it Cole and there is a comfortable lead I'd expect a bow tie. Or one in his ribs
Ag_07
AG
Hinch is gonna manager circles around Martinez.

He's already showing signs he's panicking talking about Corbin out of the pen.

That's one aspect I'm certain we have a HUGE advantage.
Jackal99
AG
third coast.. said:

406 row 5 game 1 row 10 game 2

Tell me more about the game 2 ticket.
Post removed:
by user
irish pete ag06
AG
Not a big jersey guy but I kind of want to buy a rainbow gut or rainbow sleeve jersey to wear to the game Saturday. I'm also a cheap skate. Any good sites to hit up?
Jackal99
AG
Sending PM
Bryan98
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Not a big jersey guy but I kind of want to buy a rainbow gut or rainbow sleeve jersey to wear to the game Saturday. I'm also a cheap skate. Any good sites to hit up?

The official MLB Shop has 'em, and can probably deliver that quickly.
Agnzona
Harold Reynolds ask Jeff Luhnow, "What's the next big thing" and Jeff said "I can't tell you because the Rangers and As will start doing it".
8T2
Pahdz said:

if one was to just fly down tomorrow just to go to game 1 alone, would finding 1 ticket be easier or more difficult say an hour before the game?
Finding one from a scalper would not be tough at all. And, if you work at it, the price would not be much different than the ticket sites.
Agnzona
Alvarez has to start swinging at first pitches. He needs to be aggressive. The good news is almost all his missed strikes are on fastballs. He is thinking to much. He needs to take a little Springer and Altuve approach.
Threadbare
Threadbare said:

Old Sarge said:

I am tired.

As I sign off tonight....

Screw Joe Buck, screw the MSM and your perpetual Yankee love fest before every game this series. Screw you and your Sunday dinner tomorrow. Screw you week thereafter.

The Astros beat your love fest with the Yankees. I hope the Astros win it all. But, they don't have to. They won over your beat off love fest with the Yankees. And that is OK with me.

Screw you, Joe Buck and the MSM.
You guys are crazy. Buck was gushing over the Astros at times...

It's his job to reflect excitement for both clubs...
I think most of the media criticism is just subjective offense taking by fans who hear what they want to hear (or, maybe, don't want to hear), and that the Astros are getting plenty of adulation.

But, the New York media is different, along with some of the national personalities with NY connections, like Steven A. Smith (and, yeah, I know it's mostly just a schtick that generates clicks and viewers, and here I am feeding it...)

I'm sick of hearing about how it's their birthright to go to WS every couple of years, or how they have to buy Cole now, or how ridiculous it is that they didn't get Cole to start with, or how it's a failure to lose to Houston.

They're a spoiled and vicious fan base (including their media arm) and, with notable exceptions, can't stand to lose or give anyone else any credit at all for winning.

I'm more offended by how they've turned on their own team than I am any of the slights directed at the Astros.

Just another fan base who have deluded themselves into believing that bad-sportsmanship is, somehow, a virtue; actually, near the top of the list...

Shenaniganz
So the wife just surprised me with two world series tickets to Game 4!!! I live in VA so DC is the closest team to me. Hopefully we sweep the Nats and I can see the celebration live! #TakeItBack!,!
Mathguy64
AG
Watching the Jets get slapped around by the Pats, it occured to me just how bad the NY sports teams are colletively. Jets, Giants, Knicks, Nets, Mets, Rangers. They are all in major franchise purgatory. And now their beloved Yankees get kicked in the junk. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of jackwagons.
First Page Last Page
Page 1687 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.